2017 Way to Early Pre-Training Camp Season Record Prediction

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

What will the Vikings record be in 2017?

4-12
No votes
5-11
8%
6-10
8%
7-9
No votes
8-8
8%
9-7
38%
10-6
15%
11-5
23%
12-4
No votes
Other (please comment)
No votes

Total votes: 13

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

2017 Way to Early Pre-Training Camp Season Record Prediction

Post by akvikingsfan »

We all know that I love to do prediction threads. And I just realized I am truly lacking this season, I didn't do a pre or post draft poll. With training camp about to start next week I figured this would be a good time to get one going. The 2017 schedule is as follows:

Week 1: vs. Saints (Monday Night)
Week 2: @ Steelers
Week 3: vs. Buccaneers
Week 4: vs. Lions
Week 5: @ Bears (Monday Night)
Week 6: vs. Packers
Week 7: vs. Ravens
Week 8: @ Browns (in London)
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: @ Redskins
Week 11: vs. Rams
Week 12: @ Lions (Thanksgiving Day)
Week 13: @ Falcons
Week 14: @ Panthers
Week 15: vs. Bengals
Week 16: @ Packers (Sunday Night)
Week 17: vs. Bears

My break down by quarter:

1st Quarter-

During this stretch, the Vikings have three home games, all of which should be wins. The Steelers are always a tough team to play on the road and will likely beat our Vikings. I see the team going 3-1 over the course of the first four games.

2nd Quarter-

Playing in Chicago on Monday night hasn't worked out well for the Vikings in recent history. I'm going to call that one a loss. I also think it is possible for either the Packers or the Ravens to beat the Vikings at home, but I don't see both of them doing it. The Vikings did well in their one game I can remember in London, and it's against the Browns, so..... Over the course of the second quarter I say the Vikings go 2-2, bringing their overall record to 5-3.

3rd Quarter-

After going to London the Vikings will get a week off, which they will need because over the second half of the season they have 5 road games, including 3 out of their next 4 games. The second half of the season is tougher, in my opinion, than the first half. Starting here, I see the Vikings being able to squeak out two wins in the third quarter, one against the Rams and the other against either the Redskins or the Falcons, but not both. The Thanksgiving game in Detroit will be a disappointment, just like last season. The Falcons will be coming off the Super Bowl hangover this season and I don't believe they will do as well. I believe the Vikings will go 2-2 which will bring their record to 7-5 going into the final quarter and still in the playoff hunt.

4th Quarter-

With the season coming to a close, I see the Vikings starting the 4th quarter with two huge wins bringing the Vikings into serious contention for the NFCN going into Green Bay. Further, I see the game against the Packers being the game to determine who will win the North. If the Packers win they will have the head to head tiebreaker over us. If the Vikings win they will clinch the division due to tie breakers. In the end, I see the Packers winning. The Vikings will go into the final game of the season needing a win to get the Wild Card, and with the game being at home, they will rise to the challenge. The Vikings will finish the last quarter of the season the same way they started, 3-1 which will bring them to a 10-6 record and a wild card game (5th seed).

Playoffs?!-
The Vikings will go into Seattle and beat the Seahawks advancing to the Divisional Around where they will go up against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will drop this game, just like they did the last time the two teams played in the playoffs and the Vikings will advance to the NFC Championship Game for the first time since 2009. And of course, the Vikings will come up against the Packers. Needing to win in Green Bay in January in order to become the first team to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium will prove to be too much for the 2017 Vikings and their season will end one game short of where we all want it to. The Packers will go on to face the Patriots in the Super Bowl, and the Packers will win another championship. The sting of this one will hurt for years because 1) the Packers will have beat the Vikings 3 times in the season; 2) the Vikings will have missed another opportunity at a championship; and 3) the Packers will have won their most recent Super Bowl in our stadium.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2017 Way to Early Pre-Training Camp Season Record Predic

Post by Texas Vike »

akvikingsfan wrote:We all know that I love to do prediction threads. And I just realized I am truly lacking this season, I didn't do a pre or post draft poll. With training camp about to start next week I figured this would be a good time to get one going. The 2017 schedule is as follows:

Week 9: Bye

My break down by quarter:

1st Quarter-

During this stretch, the Vikings have three home games, all of which should be wins. The Steelers are always a tough team to play on the road and will likely beat our Vikings. I see the team going 3-1 over the course of the first four games.

2nd Quarter-

Playing in Chicago on Monday night hasn't worked out well for the Vikings in recent history. I'm going to call that one a loss. I also think it is possible for either the Packers or the Ravens to beat the Vikings at home, but I don't see both of them doing it. The Vikings did well in their one game I can remember in London, and it's against the Browns, so..... Over the course of the second quarter I say the Vikings go 2-2, bringing their overall record to 5-3.

3rd Quarter-

After going to London the Vikings will get a week off, which they will need because over the second half of the season they have 5 road games, including 3 out of their next 4 games. The second half of the season is tougher, in my opinion, than the first half. Starting here, I see the Vikings being able to squeak out two wins in the third quarter, one against the Rams and the other against either the Redskins or the Falcons, but not both. The Thanksgiving game in Detroit will be a disappointment, just like last season. The Falcons will be coming off the Super Bowl hangover this season and I don't believe they will do as well. I believe the Vikings will go 2-2 which will bring their record to 7-5 going into the final quarter and still in the playoff hunt.

4th Quarter-

With the season coming to a close, I see the Vikings starting the 4th quarter with two huge wins bringing the Vikings into serious contention for the NFCN going into Green Bay. Further, I see the game against the Packers being the game to determine who will win the North. If the Packers win they will have the head to head tiebreaker over us. If the Vikings win they will clinch the division due to tie breakers. In the end, I see the Packers winning. The Vikings will go into the final game of the season needing a win to get the Wild Card, and with the game being at home, they will rise to the challenge. The Vikings will finish the last quarter of the season the same way they started, 3-1 which will bring them to a 10-6 record and a wild card game (5th seed).

Playoffs?!-
The Vikings will go into Seattle and beat the Seahawks advancing to the Divisional Around where they will go up against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will drop this game, just like they did the last time the two teams played in the playoffs and the Vikings will advance to the NFC Championship Game for the first time since 2009. And of course, the Vikings will come up against the Packers. Needing to win in Green Bay in January in order to become the first team to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium will prove to be too much for the 2017 Vikings and their season will end one game short of where we all want it to. The Packers will go on to face the Patriots in the Super Bowl, and the Packers will win another championship. The sting of this one will hurt for years because 1) the Packers will have beat the Vikings 3 times in the season; 2) the Vikings will have missed another opportunity at a championship; and 3) the Packers will have won their most recent Super Bowl in our stadium.

Well thought out post, but I really hope it doesn't come to fruition!

I was just in the MSP airport yesterday and it reminded me of how much I dislike GB and their fans! There's something about that puke yellow that just makes me cringe. Please don't let them get the SB this year in our palace!
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2017 Way to Early Pre-Training Camp Season Record Predic

Post by 720pete »

Who voted 5-11? :nono:

I'm saying 9-7. I tallied it up and got 10 wins but accounting for injuries I'm adjusting it down.