View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Murray vs. Cook 

Who is going to be the starting running back week 1?
Latavius Murray 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Dalvin Cook 53%  53%  [ 10 ]
Even Split 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
3-Headed Monster w/ Mckinnon getting a good share of the carries 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 19

Murray vs. Cook 
Franchise Player

Post Murray vs. Cook
I feel like this would be an interesting topic for discussion this summer, up until week 1.

Who is going to be the #1 RB / Starter week 1? Latavius Murray or Dalvin Cook?

Here is what Murray has to say about it.
Quote:
"If I'm looking at it from my perspective, here I am, already behind in a sense, going into a new offense, new situation, but I'm injured, coming off an injury," Murray said of undergoing ankle surgery this offseason. "Dalvin's already been through the [organized team activities], he's already been through the offseason. So, he has that up on me. But also, looking at it as, hey, I'm the vet, I have time in this league, I've done some good things in this league. So I have a lot to bring to the table.

"You're looking at it from his aspect, 'Look this older vet is coming off this injury, it's time for him to step aside. I want this, and I should be the guy.'"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ts-my-time

Right now i am leaning towards Dalvin Cook, mostly because it seems like he is better all around and from the sounds of it he has the potential to be the better back over his career. Depends on how quickly Murray can get back to form, he has real NFL experience....

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:47 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post Re: Murray vs. Cook
I suspect his time on the field at least in the near term will be directly correlated to ball security concerns, which was an issue on his scouting report. If he drops the rock Murray will see the field. If he shows explosiveness right from the start to the point of being a legit offensive scoring threat then he'll have more latitude.

McKinnon IMO is the odd guy out.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:18 am
Starter

Cook and he will be a stud.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:18 pm
Career Elite Player

I don't know. I find this to be kind of frivolous. It won't necessarily be Murray versus Cook as much as it is Murray in tandem with Cook (and McKinnon).

To answer the question though, I think if Cook proves to be explosive on the NFL level, you probably want him on the field to start every series.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:02 am
Hall of Famer

I voted committee. Murray/Cook/McKinnon in that order. Murray is mode reliable but the others will be the gimmick and gadget stuff and have the bigger individual plays. They will be the "home run hitters."

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]