Floyd tests positive for alcohol

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Floyd tests positive for alcohol

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Fox Sports wrote:The Minnesota Vikings gave hometown receiver Michael Floyd a second chance this offseason by signing him in free agency after a DUI arrest in December, but he’s once again found himself in trouble off the field.

According to TMZ, Floyd tested positive for alcohol during his house arrest this week, violating the terms of his sentence. This latest alleged slip-up could result in jail time, and possibly the end of his brief tenure with the Vikings.
More at the link.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Re: Floyd tests positive for alcohol

Post by Grashopa »

he has flat out denied this, hopefully there will be more information soon.

Unfortunately i know 3 people in similar situations to his and they are still lying/failing and ending up back in jail no matter how many chances they get. So i wont be surprised either way.
Formerly AADPFan
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ohol-tests

The amount of detail in these reports casts a huge shadow of doubt that the story is false.
Each test took place between 5:30 a.m. and 6:33 a.m. on June 11, per Rapoport. The highest blood alcohol level recorded was .055, Rapoport added, the lowest was .044. Floyd then missed the final test at 6:33 a.m. local time.
But then there is this ???
Floyd stated he had drank Kombucha tea, which explains why the sample contained alcohol.
Formerly AADPFan
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Grashopa wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ohol-tests

The amount of detail in these reports casts a huge shadow of doubt that the story is false. But then there is this ???
Looking at this chart:

http://www.olin.msu.edu/pdfs/BACMale.pdf

it would seem like that BAC range is something a 220 lb man would get with 6 drinks in a three to four hour range.

Although it does look like some Kombucha can contain up to 3% alcohol, it would seem that one would have to be pounding it pretty well to reach that range. However, it does look like Kombucha can be problemmatic for alcoholics at times, according to this article:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/31353-y ... -only-ones
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I don't care any more. Cut him and sign Decker.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Adam Schefter - Michael Floyd Statement:
Adam Schefter
20 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·
Michael Floyd Statement:
Michael Floyd started his 96-day home monitoring on March 13, 2017. During this time period, Michael was tested a minimum of six times per day. For the first 90 days, Michael’s blood alcohol content was 0.0 for all of his 500 plus tests.

On June 10, 2017, Michael watched movies at his place of residence until 3:00 a.m. During that time, he drank several bottles of kombucha tea drinks, unaware that the drinks contain alcohol.

On June 11, 2017 at 5:30 a.m., Michael was tested and his blood alcohol content was .055. Michael was tested again at 5:54 a.m. and his blood alcohol content was down to .045. Michael was tested again at 6:23 a.m. and his blood alcohol content was .044. He then went back to sleep and missed a test at 6:33 a.m.

Michael was five days away from the end of his home monitoring. Prior to and after this incident, Michael has not had any alcohol whatsoever since the start of his home monitoring. Unfortunately, the kombucha teas that Michael did drink resulted in a positive blood alcohol content reading. As a result, the Court wishes to hear from Michael on June 26. At that time, Michael will have an opportunity to explain how this unfortunate test result happened.

Never heard of Kambucha tea before but did a quick google and it seems to be general knowledge that it does contain alcohol. I've also read home brewed can contain a lot more alcohol so I think there still a chance his story may be truthful. Curious to hear Rudolph's story. Maybe a friend of the family brewed some tea for a family get together and left it in the fridge.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@DailyNorseman
1h
.#Vikings Wouldn’t Take A Financial Hit If They Cut Michael Floyd #NFL (h/t @mattvensel) dailynorseman.com/2017/6/16/1582…

:popcorn: :popcorn:

I'm afraid the NFL will give him a lot more than a 2 game suspension.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

But could someone get drunk off kombucha?
"No, no," Rothbauer said, laughing. "I don't know if you've tasted kombucha, but it's not something that you drink bottle after bottle. You know, this is something that's fermented. It would be like trying to drink vinegar bottle after bottle. And you would have to drink eight bottles (of kombucha) just to get the buzz of one beer."
What a load of BS. Watching a movie and hammering what tastes like fuzzy watered down apple cider vinegar that has barely any alcohol in it at 3 AM is how he ended up failing? Give me a break. Cut him and good riddance.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

It is always SOMETHING with this franchise. Literally cannot go a year without something astronomically embarrassing happening.

He needs help. I hope Minnesota can help get him the resources he needs. However, he doesn't deserve a spot on this roster - cut him.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Decker is looking better already. In fack he looked better before the Vikings signed Floyd. Rick sure has problems with some of his FA WRs.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote: What a load of BS. Watching a movie and hammering what tastes like fuzzy watered down apple cider vinegar that has barely any alcohol in it at 3 AM is how he ended up failing? Give me a break. Cut him and good riddance.
I agree. Even if it is true that this is what he did, when you are under house arrest for something, intelligent people would make damn sure what they were drinking was safe. It angers me that they haven't cut him yet. What a complete moron.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I know a few friends who struggle and most of them slip up
a few times in finding away. I hope he gets better but I think
the Vikings would be better moving on now.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I've tried kombucha. Hard to describe but it has a strong acidic flavor but not as harsh as vinegar. It would be pretty difficult to chug it due to the fermentation, it would be like chugging a harsh bottle of soda. Maybe the home made stuff has more alcohol but the stuff from the store, I imagine you could drink a lot of it and be alright. Definitely sounds fishy.

What's odd is why wait until the very last day of your house arrest to drink? He was literally hours away from being done right? I think that's the part that's hard for me to understand and maybe gives some credence to his story. Also how fast his BAC level dropped. If you drink one bottle of kombucha and then do the test, I wonder if it would read abnormally high as it would if you just used mouth wash. That effect should go away quickly though.
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

S197 wrote:What's odd is why wait until the very last day of your house arrest to drink? He was literally hours away from being done right? I think that's the part that's hard for me to understand and maybe gives some credence to his story. Also how fast his BAC level dropped. If you drink one bottle of kombucha and then do the test, I wonder if it would read abnormally high as it would if you just used mouth wash. That effect should go away quickly though.
If I remember correctly he failed the alcohol test on day 90 out of 96 court mandated days of no alcohol.
His house arrest was for 120 days, but I do not know if the house arrest started earlier than the alcohol probation(wrong word?).
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I don't know about anyone else, but if I was 5 days away from my house arrest/testing to end I would drink nothing but water. What a moron! After 500 some tests of registering 0.000 why would you even risk it.

Also, you would have to drink a LOT of Kambucha to get a .044 .055 test. He is lying IMO