View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 who will start at 3-technique? 

who will start at 3-technique next to Joseph?
1. Datone Jones 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
2. Tom Johnson 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
3. Will Sutton 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
4. Jaleel Johnson 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
5. Shamar Stephen 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
6. Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

who will start at 3-technique? 
Career Elite Player

Post who will start at 3-technique?
Joseph is the clear cut starter at NT. who will start next to him??

I know Jaleel and Stephen are also NT as well but still included them in the poll.

I went with Jones. As a former 1st rounder he has the pedigree and hopefully the stories about him being miscast in GB are true and he can realize his potential in a new position and environment. I'm also excited about Will Sutton for similar reasons.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:18 pm
Fenrir

Post Re: who will start at 3-technique?
I think it will be Jones as well. There's going to be a battle at DT. Guys like Stephen and Sutton aren't locks to even make the team. Tom Johnson too, I think one of those 3 doesn't make final roster. Maybe 2 if they keep 4 DTs.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:19 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

So, is Flloyd done?

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:42 am
Career Elite Player

S197 wrote:
I think it will be Jones as well. There's going to be a battle at DT. Guys like Stephen and Sutton aren't locks to even make the team. Tom Johnson too, I think one of those 3 doesn't make final roster. Maybe 2 if they keep 4 DTs.

I agree it's definitely a position to watch closely. Also I believe that 5 DT (Stephen, Tom Johnson, Sutton, jones and Floyd) are all on the last year of their deal.

I agree I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 of 3 of Stephen, Tom Johnson, and Sutton get cut with Floyd going to IR

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:11 pm
Career Elite Player

Nunin wrote:
So, is Flloyd done?

My guess is he goes to IR this year but we will see. Nerve damage is tough and might never recover

Then after that who knows, since this is the last year of his contract

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:15 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

S197 wrote:

I dont see Stephen getting cut. If anyone it will be Sutton or Johnson. If Johnson still has juice in the tank, Sutton it is

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:30 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Can any of them play another position? That's pretty deep group.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
S197 wrote:

I dont see Stephen getting cut. If anyone it will be Sutton or Johnson. If Johnson still has juice in the tank, Sutton it is

You could be right, especially since Johnson's cap hit is $2.35M. Although at $1.8M Stephen's is a little steep too. I thought Stephen did pretty well in relief of Floyd but PFF had him ranked pretty poorly. Johnson has shown he can be productive but has been inconsistent. Age may be catching up with him.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:48 pm
Career Elite Player

S197 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
S197 wrote:

You could be right, especially since Johnson's cap hit is $2.35M. Although at $1.8M Stephen's is a little steep too. I thought Stephen did pretty well in relief of Floyd but PFF had him ranked pretty poorly. Johnson has shown he can be productive but has been inconsistent. Age may be catching up with him.

I'm hoping Sutton can lose some weight and start showing his potential. Not sure if he's cheaper than Johnson, but he's a lot younger

Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:53 pm
Career Elite Player

Will Sutton.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]