who will start at 3-technique?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

who will start at 3-technique next to Joseph?

1. Datone Jones
50%
2. Tom Johnson
21%
3. Will Sutton
7%
4. Jaleel Johnson
14%
5. Shamar Stephen
7%
6. Other
No votes

Total votes: 14

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

who will start at 3-technique?

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Joseph is the clear cut starter at NT. who will start next to him??

I know Jaleel and Stephen are also NT as well but still included them in the poll.

I went with Jones. As a former 1st rounder he has the pedigree and hopefully the stories about him being miscast in GB are true and he can realize his potential in a new position and environment. I'm also excited about Will Sutton for similar reasons.
S197
Fenrir

Re: who will start at 3-technique?

Post by S197 »

I think it will be Jones as well. There's going to be a battle at DT. Guys like Stephen and Sutton aren't locks to even make the team. Tom Johnson too, I think one of those 3 doesn't make final roster. Maybe 2 if they keep 4 DTs.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

So, is Flloyd done?
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

S197 wrote:I think it will be Jones as well. There's going to be a battle at DT. Guys like Stephen and Sutton aren't locks to even make the team. Tom Johnson too, I think one of those 3 doesn't make final roster. Maybe 2 if they keep 4 DTs.
I agree it's definitely a position to watch closely. Also I believe that 5 DT (Stephen, Tom Johnson, Sutton, jones and Floyd) are all on the last year of their deal.

I agree I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 of 3 of Stephen, Tom Johnson, and Sutton get cut with Floyd going to IR
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Nunin wrote:So, is Flloyd done?
My guess is he goes to IR this year but we will see. Nerve damage is tough and might never recover

Then after that who knows, since this is the last year of his contract
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote:I think it will be Jones as well. There's going to be a battle at DT. Guys like Stephen and Sutton aren't locks to even make the team. Tom Johnson too, I think one of those 3 doesn't make final roster. Maybe 2 if they keep 4 DTs.
I dont see Stephen getting cut. If anyone it will be Sutton or Johnson. If Johnson still has juice in the tank, Sutton it is
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Can any of them play another position? That's pretty deep group.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I dont see Stephen getting cut. If anyone it will be Sutton or Johnson. If Johnson still has juice in the tank, Sutton it is
You could be right, especially since Johnson's cap hit is $2.35M. Although at $1.8M Stephen's is a little steep too. I thought Stephen did pretty well in relief of Floyd but PFF had him ranked pretty poorly. Johnson has shown he can be productive but has been inconsistent. Age may be catching up with him.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote: You could be right, especially since Johnson's cap hit is $2.35M. Although at $1.8M Stephen's is a little steep too. I thought Stephen did pretty well in relief of Floyd but PFF had him ranked pretty poorly. Johnson has shown he can be productive but has been inconsistent. Age may be catching up with him.
I'm hoping Sutton can lose some weight and start showing his potential. Not sure if he's cheaper than Johnson, but he's a lot younger
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Will Sutton.