View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Headed toward disaster? 
Author Message
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 pm
Posts: 501
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
How can anyone say with confidence that Bridgewater is a better leader than Bradford (or vice versa)? Unless you are in the locker room and on the sideline how does anyone know that?


Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Mothman wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
It would be untenable to you regardless of any and all evidence to the contrary.


That's not true at all. I have nothing personal against Bridgewater. The only problem I've ever had with him is that he isn't actually a "damn good quarterback".

Please stop trying to make this personal.


For the record, I don't mean to imply that you don't like Bridgewater because you have something personal against him. That's not what I was saying.


Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:59 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
fiestavike wrote:
For the record, I don't mean to imply that you don't like Bridgewater because you have something personal against him. That's not what I was saying.


Duly noted.


Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:06 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7956
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
As a human it's hard to not like Teddy. He really is a class act. There's plenty to "hate" about his game though lol

Of course, as is known, I'm a pretty big Teddy fan from his UofL days so I'm hoping for a strong comeback and I really think he could be "the guy" had he kept improving. It's honestly kind of moot at this point. When/if Teddy comes back it's impossible to know what kind of player he'll be. I can only imagine the mental toll that an injury like that - without even being hit - takes on a person. Can you really still feel comfortable dropping back and planting that leg? That's rough.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Cliff wrote:
As a human it's hard to not like Teddy. He really is a class act. There's plenty to "hate" about his game though lol

Of course, as is known, I'm a pretty big Teddy fan from his UofL days so I'm hoping for a strong comeback and I really think he could be "the guy" had he kept improving. It's honestly kind of moot at this point. When/if Teddy comes back it's impossible to know what kind of player he'll be. I can only imagine the mental toll that an injury like that - without even being hit - takes on a person. Can you really still feel comfortable dropping back and planting that leg? That's rough.


I've never suffered an injury like that but I have to believe it's as difficult to return from mentally as physically.

He seems like a genuinely good person so I sincerely hope this injury didn't end his career.


Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:25 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17458
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Who hates Teddy? Who said they hated him? I didn't see it. Some have been critical of his play, maybe, and justifiably I might add, but no one has even said they don't like him.


That criticism is the "hate", Josh. :(

I know, but it is stupid.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 2287
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
720pete wrote:
How can anyone say with confidence that Bridgewater is a better leader than Bradford (or vice versa)? Unless you are in the locker room and on the sideline how does anyone know that?


What about comments from teammates? Comments from the qb themselves?

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:15 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 212
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Today's Teddy video already going viral just throwing at OTA's today.

The 2017 Vikings...Team divided.

Bank it.


Tue May 23, 2017 5:57 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17458
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
RFIP wrote:
Today's Teddy video already going viral just throwing at OTA's today.

The 2017 Vikings...Team divided.

Bank it.

Which is another reason the Vikings should not only extend Sam but also stop dicking around with Teddy. OTAs, mini camps, etc mean nothing. Has he even sprinted yet?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Tue May 23, 2017 7:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 11:34 am
Posts: 62
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Post QB Controversy?! Teddy is Back! Kind of.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/teddy ... ee-injury/

Sorry if I missed it. But I didn't see this news on here yet.

He was out there for OTAs!

I personally think Sammy is a better QB, but I really hope Teddy can get back on track and have a great career too.

Just hope the QB controversy doesn't get blown out of proportion by mainstream media.

We don't want the drama, and it wouldn't be cool to rush Teddy into a dangerous position too soon.

_________________
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.


Tue May 23, 2017 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:
As a human it's hard to not like Teddy. He really is a class act. There's plenty to "hate" about his game though lol

Of course, as is known, I'm a pretty big Teddy fan from his UofL days so I'm hoping for a strong comeback and I really think he could be "the guy" had he kept improving. It's honestly kind of moot at this point. When/if Teddy comes back it's impossible to know what kind of player he'll be. I can only imagine the mental toll that an injury like that - without even being hit - takes on a person. Can you really still feel comfortable dropping back and planting that leg? That's rough.


I've never suffered an injury like that but I have to believe it's as difficult to return from mentally as physically.

He seems like a genuinely good person so I sincerely hope this injury didn't end his career.


I tore my ACL, medial and lateral menisci, LCL and MCL just five weeks ago covering a drop shot in tennis. Full sprint, plant foot to stop before hitting net, knee hyperextends and twists and buckles.

Teddy's injury is worse- a dislocation. My road back, now that I've had surgery, is a long one: likely 7-9 months before I can play tennis again (I play high level rec tennis; mostly ex-college players). It's early in my recovery, but it is a serious amount of work and pain. Numerous guys on my USTA team have been through the drill; but they are no long the fast ones on the team. Speed had been my biggest weapon, so that weighs on a guy's mind. I've been on crutches for 5 weeks and will be for a few more; it's astounding how fast your muscles atrophy when you go from averaging 14K steps a day to zero.

TB's return is unlikely, IMO, but it would be amazing if he could do it. He's young and obviously a top notch athlete, but even still... it's a long road, fraught with lots of potential pitfalls.


Wed May 24, 2017 3:31 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Texas Vike wrote:
I tore my ACL, medial and lateral menisci, LCL and MCL just five weeks ago covering a drop shot in tennis. Full sprint, plant foot to stop before hitting net, knee hyperextends and twists and buckles.

Teddy's injury is worse- a dislocation. My road back, now that I've had surgery, is a long one: likely 7-9 months before I can play tennis again (I play high level rec tennis; mostly ex-college players). It's early in my recovery, but it is a serious amount of work and pain. Numerous guys on my USTA team have been through the drill; but they are no long the fast ones on the team. Speed had been my biggest weapon, so that weighs on a guy's mind. I've been on crutches for 5 weeks and will be for a few more; it's astounding how fast your muscles atrophy when you go from averaging 14K steps a day to zero.

TB's return is unlikely, IMO, but it would be amazing if he could do it. He's young and obviously a top notch athlete, but even still... it's a long road, fraught with lots of potential pitfalls.


Thank you very much for that perspective but wow, I'm sorry to hear about your injury! I hope your recovery goes exceptionally well and you get enough of your speed back for it continue being an effective weapon.


Wed May 24, 2017 7:49 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Mothman wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
I tore my ACL, medial and lateral menisci, LCL and MCL just five weeks ago covering a drop shot in tennis. Full sprint, plant foot to stop before hitting net, knee hyperextends and twists and buckles.

Teddy's injury is worse- a dislocation. My road back, now that I've had surgery, is a long one: likely 7-9 months before I can play tennis again (I play high level rec tennis; mostly ex-college players). It's early in my recovery, but it is a serious amount of work and pain. Numerous guys on my USTA team have been through the drill; but they are no long the fast ones on the team. Speed had been my biggest weapon, so that weighs on a guy's mind. I've been on crutches for 5 weeks and will be for a few more; it's astounding how fast your muscles atrophy when you go from averaging 14K steps a day to zero.

TB's return is unlikely, IMO, but it would be amazing if he could do it. He's young and obviously a top notch athlete, but even still... it's a long road, fraught with lots of potential pitfalls.


Thank you very much for that perspective but wow, I'm sorry to hear about your injury! I hope your recovery goes exceptionally well and you get enough of your speed back for it continue being an effective weapon.


I appreciate it, Jim. ACL ruptures are an inherent risk to many sports; 70% of ACL injuries are non-contact, just the individual planting his/her foot and twisting wrong. Not everyone can do what AD did, coming back so fast and so decisively. Now that I'm dealing with it, I realize how little about the recovery I'd known previously. I truly think at least 50% of the recovery is psychological. The rehabilitation is so involved and life interrupting that you fear hurting yourself again. You question whether your sport is even worth it, etc. Obviously that's different for a professional athlete, but I think the doubts are the major obstacle.


Wed May 24, 2017 8:06 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Texas Vike wrote:
I appreciate it, Jim. ACL ruptures are an inherent risk to many sports; 70% of ACL injuries are non-contact, just the individual planting his/her foot and twisting wrong. Not everyone can do what AD did, coming back so fast and so decisively. Now that I'm dealing with it, I realize how little about the recovery I'd known previously. I truly think at least 50% of the recovery is psychological. The rehabilitation is so involved and life interrupting that you fear hurting yourself again. You question whether your sport is even worth it, etc. Obviously that's different for a professional athlete, but I think the doubts are the major obstacle.



I can only imagine. I've been dealing with some physical issues myself and while they are considerably less severe than the ligament damage you suffered, they are definitely as difficult to deal with on a psychological level as they are on a physical level so I'm getting just a little glimpse into what you're experiencing. I can't say I like it.


Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 am
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10501
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Texas Vike wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
I tore my ACL, medial and lateral menisci, LCL and MCL just five weeks ago covering a drop shot in tennis. Full sprint, plant foot to stop before hitting net, knee hyperextends and twists and buckles.

Teddy's injury is worse- a dislocation. My road back, now that I've had surgery, is a long one: likely 7-9 months before I can play tennis again (I play high level rec tennis; mostly ex-college players). It's early in my recovery, but it is a serious amount of work and pain. Numerous guys on my USTA team have been through the drill; but they are no long the fast ones on the team. Speed had been my biggest weapon, so that weighs on a guy's mind. I've been on crutches for 5 weeks and will be for a few more; it's astounding how fast your muscles atrophy when you go from averaging 14K steps a day to zero.

TB's return is unlikely, IMO, but it would be amazing if he could do it. He's young and obviously a top notch athlete, but even still... it's a long road, fraught with lots of potential pitfalls.


Thank you very much for that perspective but wow, I'm sorry to hear about your injury! I hope your recovery goes exceptionally well and you get enough of your speed back for it continue being an effective weapon.


I appreciate it, Jim. ACL ruptures are an inherent risk to many sports; 70% of ACL injuries are non-contact, just the individual planting his/her foot and twisting wrong. Not everyone can do what AD did, coming back so fast and so decisively. Now that I'm dealing with it, I realize how little about the recovery I'd known previously. I truly think at least 50% of the recovery is psychological. The rehabilitation is so involved and life interrupting that you fear hurting yourself again. You question whether your sport is even worth it, etc. Obviously that's different for a professional athlete, but I think the doubts are the major obstacle.


Is part of it due to the surface of the court? I feel like there's a lot of grip. I don't play tennis a lot but when I used to play every so often I would wear out my shoes really fast. Much faster than running on a basketball court or turf. Seems like with less "give" there would be a higher propensity to hyperextend.


Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
S197 wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
Mothman wrote:

I appreciate it, Jim. ACL ruptures are an inherent risk to many sports; 70% of ACL injuries are non-contact, just the individual planting his/her foot and twisting wrong. Not everyone can do what AD did, coming back so fast and so decisively. Now that I'm dealing with it, I realize how little about the recovery I'd known previously. I truly think at least 50% of the recovery is psychological. The rehabilitation is so involved and life interrupting that you fear hurting yourself again. You question whether your sport is even worth it, etc. Obviously that's different for a professional athlete, but I think the doubts are the major obstacle.


Is part of it due to the surface of the court? I feel like there's a lot of grip. I don't play tennis a lot but when I used to play every so often I would wear out my shoes really fast. Much faster than running on a basketball court or turf. Seems like with less "give" there would be a higher propensity to hyperextend.


Undoubtedly. If I had been playing on clay, the injury would not have happened. Most courts in the US are "hard courts," which are quite hard on the body. I have to replace my shoes every 6 months because the soles wear through.

Jim, sorry to hear you're dealing with something too. Speedy recovery!


Wed May 24, 2017 3:12 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Texas Vike wrote:
Undoubtedly. If I had been playing on clay, the injury would not have happened. Most courts in the US are "hard courts," which are quite hard on the body. I have to replace my shoes every 6 months because the soles wear through.

Jim, sorry to hear you're dealing with something too. Speedy recovery!


Thanks. I appreciate that.


Wed May 24, 2017 3:51 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Texas Vike wrote:
Undoubtedly. If I had been playing on clay, the injury would not have happened. Most courts in the US are "hard courts," which are quite hard on the body. I have to replace my shoes every 6 months because the soles wear through.


Well, you did say you were walking 14K steps a day. ;)

Quote:
Jim, sorry to hear you're dealing with something too. Speedy recovery!


Thanks. I appreciate that.


Wed May 24, 2017 3:52 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Mothman wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
Undoubtedly. If I had been playing on clay, the injury would not have happened. Most courts in the US are "hard courts," which are quite hard on the body. I have to replace my shoes every 6 months because the soles wear through.


Well, you did say you were walking 14K steps a day. ;)


But those are shoes I only wear for playing tennis and I only play 2 to 3 times a week! The surface is abrasive and Nadal is my model--i.e. go hard for every single ball. It caught up to me, I guess.

Some things I hadn't realized previous to this injury and surgery: ACL reconstruction involves one of two autografts (or an allograft--a donation from the morgue). That is, the surgeon either cuts out one third of your patellar tendon to make your new ACL or (in my case) 3-4 different sections of hamstring to weave into a kind of "sausage". Much of the recovery and pain is due to the graft site. I also had no idea that if you suffer the "terrible triad" (MCL, ACL and Meniscus) you are especially unlucky. If it's just ACL you can bear weight within days; if they sew up your meniscus (or both in my case) you have to use crutches and not bear weight for at least 4 weeks to let them heal. Oxygen has a hard time getting to the menisci, which is why it takes so long to heal.

If I'm not mistaken, AD tore a meniscus once and his ACL on a separate occasion. Teddy's injury involves more because it was a dislocation. They haven't revealed whether he also suffered nerve damage, from what I've read.


Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Texas Vike wrote:
But those are shoes I only wear for playing tennis and I only play 2 to 3 times a week! The surface is abrasive and Nadal is my model--i.e. go hard for every single ball. It caught up to me, I guess.


Unfortunately, with a vengeance. :(

Quote:
Some things I hadn't realized previous to this injury and surgery: ACL reconstruction involves one of two autografts (or an allograft--a donation from the morgue). That is, the surgeon either cuts out one third of your patellar tendon to make your new ACL or (in my case) 3-4 different sections of hamstring to weave into a kind of "sausage". Much of the recovery and pain is due to the graft site. I also had no idea that if you suffer the "terrible triad" (MCL, ACL and Meniscus) you are especially unlucky. If it's just ACL you can bear weight within days; if they sew up your meniscus (or both in my case) you have to use crutches and not bear weight for at least 4 weeks to let them heal. Oxygen has a hard time getting to the menisci, which is why it takes so long to heal.


I think Culpepper might have suffered that "terrible triad". He at least suffered a terrible triad of sorts anyway. He tore his ACL, MCL and PCL but I don't recall if he tore his meniscus. I actually remember reading about the allograft at some point, probably in connection to a football injury.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, AD tore a meniscus once and his ACL on a separate occasion.


Correct. the former was what knocked him out last season and the latter was the injury he suffered in 2011 and came back from in 2012.

Quote:
Teddy's injury involves more because it was a dislocation. They haven't revealed whether he also suffered nerve damage, from what I've read.


It's been reported that he was able to avoid nerve damage and hopefully that's true because I have to imagine that gives him a much better chance of playing again. I feel bad for all of you and anybody else who suffers such a severe injury!


Wed May 24, 2017 6:11 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Mothman wrote:

I think Culpepper might have suffered that "terrible triad". He at least suffered a terrible triad of sorts anyway. He tore his ACL, MCL and PCL but I don't recall if he tore his meniscus. I actually remember reading about the allograft at some point, probably in connection to a football injury.


I'd forgotten that Culpepper injured his knee that way. I think having the PCL involved makes things worse. Like the ACL, that's a major ligament. The MCL and LCL are not nearly as important from my understanding and they often can heal on their own. I might be wrong there, if anyone is an MD speak up.


Thu May 25, 2017 3:54 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10501
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
An ACL can also heal on it's own, most athletes elect surgery to speed up recovery time. "Heal" may not be the proper word but I know you can have an ACL tear and elect not to have surgery. Unsure about the other ligaments, I know we have a few people here who are in the sports medicine field.


Thu May 25, 2017 7:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
S197 wrote:
An ACL can also heal on it's own, most athletes elect surgery to speed up recovery time. "Heal" may not be the proper word but I know you can have an ACL tear and elect not to have surgery. Unsure about the other ligaments, I know we have a few people here who are in the sports medicine field.


It is not just a question of speeding up recovery time. If you have a complete rupture of the ACL and you want to return to any sport that requires cutting/ aggressive planting of the foot, you need to have surgery.


Thu May 25, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Posts: 2229
Location: Seattle, Wa
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Texas Vike wrote:
S197 wrote:
An ACL can also heal on it's own, most athletes elect surgery to speed up recovery time. "Heal" may not be the proper word but I know you can have an ACL tear and elect not to have surgery. Unsure about the other ligaments, I know we have a few people here who are in the sports medicine field.


It is not just a question of speeding up recovery time. If you have a complete rupture of the ACL and you want to return to any sport that requires cutting/ aggressive planting of the foot, you need to have surgery.


You mean to say that my unlimited return to gardening after an ACL tear a few months ago doesn't compare to playing twinkle toes in an NFL pocket?

Yeah, okaaayyy. :roll:


Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
S197 wrote:
An ACL can also heal on it's own, most athletes elect surgery to speed up recovery time. "Heal" may not be the proper word but I know you can have an ACL tear and elect not to have surgery. Unsure about the other ligaments, I know we have a few people here who are in the sports medicine field.


It is not just a question of speeding up recovery time. If you have a complete rupture of the ACL and you want to return to any sport that requires cutting/ aggressive planting of the foot, you need to have surgery.


You mean to say that my unlimited return to gardening after an ACL tear a few months ago doesn't compare to playing twinkle toes in an NFL pocket?

Yeah, okaaayyy. :roll:



By cutting and planting, I wasn't referring to gardening, if that's what you're asking.


Sat May 27, 2017 1:13 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 11:34 am
Posts: 62
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
This shouldn't be an issue. But, the media is really going to try to turn it into one. This will come down to how management deals with the situation behind closed doors. That being said, I'm nervous that they will sit on the fence too long; leading to them getting hosed by Bradford's agent or not having a rostered QB in 2018.

_________________
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.


Sun May 28, 2017 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Texas Vike wrote:
By cutting and planting, I wasn't referring to gardening, if that's what you're asking.


:lol:

Well done.


Sun May 28, 2017 6:08 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 212
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Anyone else see the NBCSN video today? "If Teddy keeps progressing Vikings may get rid of Bradford.."

Yep, that will help moral.

And then someone asked Sam today how he felt being in the same situation he was in Philly (looking over his shoulder at the guy drafted by the team to play) and he just laughed it off in a way that said "wtf can I do?"


Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:18 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
RFIP wrote:
Anyone else see the NBCSN video today? "If Teddy keeps progressing Vikings may get rid of Bradford.."

Yep, that will help moral.

And then someone asked Sam today how he felt being in the same situation he was in Philly (looking over his shoulder at the guy drafted by the team to play) and he just laughed it off in a way that said "wtf can I do?"

I think it's much ado...honestly.

Sam has to play well either way. If this team meets a majority of it's potential this season with him as QB, I see no reason why there would be any problem on the inside. Winning fixes everything. 'Just win baby'


Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:37 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 212
Post Re: Headed toward disaster?
Nunin wrote:
RFIP wrote:
Anyone else see the NBCSN video today? "If Teddy keeps progressing Vikings may get rid of Bradford.."

Yep, that will help moral.

And then someone asked Sam today how he felt being in the same situation he was in Philly (looking over his shoulder at the guy drafted by the team to play) and he just laughed it off in a way that said "wtf can I do?"

I think it's much ado...honestly.

Sam has to play well either way. If this team meets a majority of it's potential this season with him as QB, I see no reason why there would be any problem on the inside. Winning fixes everything. 'Just win baby'


If Teddy even "appears" healthy his agent, doing his job, WILL force the Vikings to activate him and not put him on PUP. THAT ends all talk of his deal being "nulled" and the Vikings lose their option of having until next March to pick up his 5th (then 6th) year option so....if that happens the Vikings may need to play Bridgewater sooner rather than later to see if he can play. Even if he's just dressed it will be a MAJOR distraction to this team not to mention divide the players as they will constantly be asked what they think about each guy.

Will not be an atmosphere conducive to winning, period.


Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:43 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.