Headed toward disaster?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Headed toward disaster?

Post by 720pete »

How can anyone say with confidence that Bridgewater is a better leader than Bradford (or vice versa)? Unless you are in the locker room and on the sideline how does anyone know that?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: That's not true at all. I have nothing personal against Bridgewater. The only problem I've ever had with him is that he isn't actually a "damn good quarterback".

Please stop trying to make this personal.
For the record, I don't mean to imply that you don't like Bridgewater because you have something personal against him. That's not what I was saying.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:For the record, I don't mean to imply that you don't like Bridgewater because you have something personal against him. That's not what I was saying.
Duly noted.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

As a human it's hard to not like Teddy. He really is a class act. There's plenty to "hate" about his game though lol

Of course, as is known, I'm a pretty big Teddy fan from his UofL days so I'm hoping for a strong comeback and I really think he could be "the guy" had he kept improving. It's honestly kind of moot at this point. When/if Teddy comes back it's impossible to know what kind of player he'll be. I can only imagine the mental toll that an injury like that - without even being hit - takes on a person. Can you really still feel comfortable dropping back and planting that leg? That's rough.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:As a human it's hard to not like Teddy. He really is a class act. There's plenty to "hate" about his game though lol

Of course, as is known, I'm a pretty big Teddy fan from his UofL days so I'm hoping for a strong comeback and I really think he could be "the guy" had he kept improving. It's honestly kind of moot at this point. When/if Teddy comes back it's impossible to know what kind of player he'll be. I can only imagine the mental toll that an injury like that - without even being hit - takes on a person. Can you really still feel comfortable dropping back and planting that leg? That's rough.
I've never suffered an injury like that but I have to believe it's as difficult to return from mentally as physically.

He seems like a genuinely good person so I sincerely hope this injury didn't end his career.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: That criticism is the "hate", Josh. :(
I know, but it is stupid.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

720pete wrote:How can anyone say with confidence that Bridgewater is a better leader than Bradford (or vice versa)? Unless you are in the locker room and on the sideline how does anyone know that?
What about comments from teammates? Comments from the qb themselves?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Today's Teddy video already going viral just throwing at OTA's today.

The 2017 Vikings...Team divided.

Bank it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

RFIP wrote:Today's Teddy video already going viral just throwing at OTA's today.

The 2017 Vikings...Team divided.

Bank it.
Which is another reason the Vikings should not only extend Sam but also stop dicking around with Teddy. OTAs, mini camps, etc mean nothing. Has he even sprinted yet?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

QB Controversy?! Teddy is Back! Kind of.

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/teddy ... ee-injury/

Sorry if I missed it. But I didn't see this news on here yet.

He was out there for OTAs!

I personally think Sammy is a better QB, but I really hope Teddy can get back on track and have a great career too.

Just hope the QB controversy doesn't get blown out of proportion by mainstream media.

We don't want the drama, and it wouldn't be cool to rush Teddy into a dangerous position too soon.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: I've never suffered an injury like that but I have to believe it's as difficult to return from mentally as physically.

He seems like a genuinely good person so I sincerely hope this injury didn't end his career.
I tore my ACL, medial and lateral menisci, LCL and MCL just five weeks ago covering a drop shot in tennis. Full sprint, plant foot to stop before hitting net, knee hyperextends and twists and buckles.

Teddy's injury is worse- a dislocation. My road back, now that I've had surgery, is a long one: likely 7-9 months before I can play tennis again (I play high level rec tennis; mostly ex-college players). It's early in my recovery, but it is a serious amount of work and pain. Numerous guys on my USTA team have been through the drill; but they are no long the fast ones on the team. Speed had been my biggest weapon, so that weighs on a guy's mind. I've been on crutches for 5 weeks and will be for a few more; it's astounding how fast your muscles atrophy when you go from averaging 14K steps a day to zero.

TB's return is unlikely, IMO, but it would be amazing if he could do it. He's young and obviously a top notch athlete, but even still... it's a long road, fraught with lots of potential pitfalls.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:I tore my ACL, medial and lateral menisci, LCL and MCL just five weeks ago covering a drop shot in tennis. Full sprint, plant foot to stop before hitting net, knee hyperextends and twists and buckles.

Teddy's injury is worse- a dislocation. My road back, now that I've had surgery, is a long one: likely 7-9 months before I can play tennis again (I play high level rec tennis; mostly ex-college players). It's early in my recovery, but it is a serious amount of work and pain. Numerous guys on my USTA team have been through the drill; but they are no long the fast ones on the team. Speed had been my biggest weapon, so that weighs on a guy's mind. I've been on crutches for 5 weeks and will be for a few more; it's astounding how fast your muscles atrophy when you go from averaging 14K steps a day to zero.

TB's return is unlikely, IMO, but it would be amazing if he could do it. He's young and obviously a top notch athlete, but even still... it's a long road, fraught with lots of potential pitfalls.
Thank you very much for that perspective but wow, I'm sorry to hear about your injury! I hope your recovery goes exceptionally well and you get enough of your speed back for it continue being an effective weapon.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: Thank you very much for that perspective but wow, I'm sorry to hear about your injury! I hope your recovery goes exceptionally well and you get enough of your speed back for it continue being an effective weapon.
I appreciate it, Jim. ACL ruptures are an inherent risk to many sports; 70% of ACL injuries are non-contact, just the individual planting his/her foot and twisting wrong. Not everyone can do what AD did, coming back so fast and so decisively. Now that I'm dealing with it, I realize how little about the recovery I'd known previously. I truly think at least 50% of the recovery is psychological. The rehabilitation is so involved and life interrupting that you fear hurting yourself again. You question whether your sport is even worth it, etc. Obviously that's different for a professional athlete, but I think the doubts are the major obstacle.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:I appreciate it, Jim. ACL ruptures are an inherent risk to many sports; 70% of ACL injuries are non-contact, just the individual planting his/her foot and twisting wrong. Not everyone can do what AD did, coming back so fast and so decisively. Now that I'm dealing with it, I realize how little about the recovery I'd known previously. I truly think at least 50% of the recovery is psychological. The rehabilitation is so involved and life interrupting that you fear hurting yourself again. You question whether your sport is even worth it, etc. Obviously that's different for a professional athlete, but I think the doubts are the major obstacle.

I can only imagine. I've been dealing with some physical issues myself and while they are considerably less severe than the ligament damage you suffered, they are definitely as difficult to deal with on a psychological level as they are on a physical level so I'm getting just a little glimpse into what you're experiencing. I can't say I like it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Texas Vike wrote: I appreciate it, Jim. ACL ruptures are an inherent risk to many sports; 70% of ACL injuries are non-contact, just the individual planting his/her foot and twisting wrong. Not everyone can do what AD did, coming back so fast and so decisively. Now that I'm dealing with it, I realize how little about the recovery I'd known previously. I truly think at least 50% of the recovery is psychological. The rehabilitation is so involved and life interrupting that you fear hurting yourself again. You question whether your sport is even worth it, etc. Obviously that's different for a professional athlete, but I think the doubts are the major obstacle.
Is part of it due to the surface of the court? I feel like there's a lot of grip. I don't play tennis a lot but when I used to play every so often I would wear out my shoes really fast. Much faster than running on a basketball court or turf. Seems like with less "give" there would be a higher propensity to hyperextend.