2018 Superbowl Winner

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Demarates
Backup

2018 Superbowl Winner

Post by Demarates »

A month ago I was tempted to place an online bet on the Cowboys (the odds were 10/1 or something), given their O-line, Prescott, Elliot and whatever they will get in exchange for Romo.

But then the Patriots started doing their free agency thing, the Raiders were eyeing Lynch, the Giants got Brandon Marshall, the Broncos might actually start with a QB this season,... And I don't know which team I consider the favourite to win it all this year.

Who do you think will be holding the Lombardi trophee come February ?
Tene Quod Bene
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2018 Superbowl Winner

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demarates wrote:A month ago I was tempted to place an online bet on the Cowboys (the odds were 10/1 or something), given their O-line, Prescott, Elliot and whatever they will get in exchange for Romo.

But then the Patriots started doing their free agency thing, the Raiders were eyeing Lynch, the Giants got Brandon Marshall, the Broncos might actually start with a QB this season,... And I don't know which team I consider the favourite to win it all this year.

Who do you think will be holding the Lombardi trophee come February ?
I won't predict until after the draft. If the Vikings can stay healthy and their OL shows some competency through out the year, they could make a run. I don't see Mat Ryan having a similar year to what he did last year, but he certainly could. And of course, GB will be in the mix as well.
It's a tough question for sure.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The NFC east will be interesting eagles
and giants both got better imo.

Carolina who knows ?

Arizona or Seattle in the west

NFC south. Atlanta most likely outside shot
Tampa

North Detroit I'm thinking unless our OL
gets better

AFC east. Patriots /Miami wild card

AFC west Raiders

AFC north. Steelers

AFC north Tennessee steps up
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

If the odds are even I'd have to bet on New England. Taking them out of the equation, it becomes pretty wide open. Special attention has to be paid to any team with an elite QB, and then I'd be looking at teams that are so strong in one area that they can impose their will on the opposition. The Cowboys and the run game could fit in that tier. The Vikings could also fit in that tier if they can take another step defensively. That's why I would be aggressive in dealing with the 4 areas of weakenss on the defense going into this year, 3tech, WeaksideLB, S, Nickel. They may have answers onboard already but those positions need to be addressed in some way for this team to take the next step.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Would love to see us and the Raiders ..

Minnesota winning their first in our own house...

That would be awesome..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

Yeah, the Raidrs are starting to look like real contenders too.
Tene Quod Bene
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

cowboys Vrs Raiders. Finally Brady begins to decline
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

Raiders going to be second or third in their own division. Won 5 games by a total of 11 points. Not including their OT win. They go from having bottom 5 strength of schedule to top 5. The Chargers picked up one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and have studs on both sides of the ball.

NFC is too close to pick this year. Lets say Vikes vs. Steelers/Chargers..../Patriots
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.