View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 OT may be getting shorter 
Transition Player

Post OT may be getting shorter
It sounds lke the NFL owners may be shortening the OT from 15 to 10 minutes. Unless they change more OT rules, I agree with the article that it's going to create more ties. I hate that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2710141-nfl-owners-reportedly-to-vote-on-changes-to-regular-season-ot-time-and-ir-rule

Wed May 17, 2017 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: OT may be getting shorter
Related but unrelated; I wonder how the NFL and advertisers/stations handle overtime. I imagine the NFL has to compensate them if they eat into another show's time or eat up advertising time. I wonder if that compensation factors into this decision.

Wed May 17, 2017 9:05 am
Site Admin

Also; I don't see it creating that many more ties. I think it'll just make teams play with a little more urgency in the OT period more quickly. I wonder how many overtime games went over ten minutes last year.

Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Cliff wrote:
Also; I don't see it creating that many more ties. I think it'll just make teams play with a little more urgency in the OT period more quickly. I wonder how many overtime games went over ten minutes last year.

I think quite a few more than you think. It seems like many of them go down to the wire more often than not. I would rather see them eliminate ties somehow, like maybe a FG kicking contest or something...

Wed May 17, 2017 6:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Cliff wrote:

I think quite a few more than you think. It seems like many of them go down to the wire more often than not. I would rather see them eliminate ties somehow, like maybe a FG kicking contest or something...

Glutton for punishment I see :twisted:

Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 pm
Site Admin

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Cliff wrote:

If they go down to the wire anyway what's the difference if the wire is closer?

Thu May 18, 2017 7:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]