Peterson headed to free agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Peterson headed to free agency

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Revenge for giving him so much money, and hoping the the stick holds together. Try and make Moss look like Wright?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Revenge for giving him so much money, and hoping the the stick holds together. Try and make Moss look like Wright?
Every article I saw about the interview made it clear he was joking when he made that comment about revenge.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: Every article I saw about the interview made it clear he was joking when he made that comment about revenge.

You know, I couldn't tell in the article I read until a little after the comments. He definitely said this stuff just goofing around.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:
You know, I couldn't tell in the article I read until a little after the comments. He definitely said this stuff just goofing around.
Yes, which is as it should be. :) I hope he and his former teammates on the Vikings keep any rivalry between them before, during and after the season opener in the spirit of fun. It shouldn't get ugly and hopefully, it won't.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:
Yes, which is as it should be. :) I hope he and his former teammates on the Vikings keep any rivalry between them before, during and after the season opener in the spirit of fun. It shouldn't get ugly and hopefully, it won't.
Exactly.

This article illustrated to me just how easily it is to be misled by an written article based on a face-to-face interview. So much contextual information can be lost when it's put down on the page, like tone, humor, etc. Just another communication challenge for a generation that already struggles with processing and articulating information clearly and accurately. Sigh.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

@Tex lol
Do you even meme...bro?
-
I feel ya there.
Written/syntax language is a sophisticated construct...much like music theory, IMO.
It becomes a cunningly subtle prison for most, concreting superficial indentities based on 'style' rather than substance.
-
The old testament story about the tower of Babel suggests we once had a common language. I feel it exsits and that it's based on tenor and tones....adherence to universal harmonics and such.
I believe we will rediscover it outta necessity.
-
uuumm....how bout them cowboys?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Exactly.

This article illustrated to me just how easily it is to be misled by an written article based on a face-to-face interview. So much contextual information can be lost when it's put down on the page, like tone, humor, etc. Just another communication challenge for a generation that already struggles with processing and articulating information clearly and accurately. Sigh.
I understand that sigh!
Nunin wrote:@Tex lol
Do you even meme...bro?
-
I feel ya there.
Written/syntax language is a sophisticated construct...much like music theory, IMO.
It becomes a cunningly subtle prison for most, concreting superficial indentities based on 'style' rather than substance.
-
The old testament story about the tower of Babel suggests we once had a common language. I feel it exsits and that it's based on tenor and tones....adherence to universal harmonics and such.
-

:lol:

It's the offseason. A brief diversion into the limitations of communicating exclusively by the written word seems permissible, especially on a board where I imagine many of us feel the pain of those limitations all too often. A little inflection and body language can go a long way!
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

@Jim
Offseason? pfft.....watchu talkin bout..Willis?
-
I hear there is an article coming out today about Spielman's morning coffee ritual.
Rumor has it that he is going to switch to puehr tea soon. That could be huge!
-
Seriously...maybe
I find, over the years, that communication and understanding throuh the online medium requires specific senstivities to be developed. I have to get a feel for people in a different way. Which is why I relate it to music theory.
It actually helps me be more tuned in during face to face encounters.
-
Mostly I find alot of dispassionate communication taking place online. People not really wishing or seeking understanding but rather sounding off, venting or spouting opinions....which is cool IMO....all part of the bigger song.
-
This board is unique in that way, to me, at least for football fanatics. Several skilled communicators spend time here... and that helps me connect to the deeper significance of why I enjoy sports in the first place. One group of brothers coming together in the most intellgent, cunning way possible to artfully stomp the crap out of the other group ;)
Poetry in motion?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Nunin wrote:@Tex lol
Do you even meme...bro?
-
I feel ya there.
-
-

I swear, Nunin, you remind me of Breeze. Are you his reincarnation?

I do, indeed, sound like a curmudgeon. There's a reason for that. :lol:

The tower of babel is a great myth, but I am suspicious of theories of any sort of universal language in a literal sense. Maybe on a spiritual level. Maybe music theory or pythagoras' ideas regarding maths as universal language... but even native speakers of one single language nowadays can't even understand one another.

The Cowboys suck balls, by the way, just because they are the Cowboys. 8)
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

That's going to be a very interesting game with a lot of mixed emotions. I'm hoping I don't see too many obnoxious Saints fans in Peterson jerseys. I dislike the Packers more but honestly their fan base is really cool. I can imagine that not being the case with the Saints. Hope they prove me wrong.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:That's going to be a very interesting game with a lot of mixed emotions. I'm hoping I don't see too many obnoxious Saints fans in Peterson jerseys. I dislike the Packers more but honestly their fan base is really cool. I can imagine that not being the case with the Saints. Hope they prove me wrong.
Every fan base seems to have it's bad characters. My experiences with Saints fans have all been positive. I'm sure there are some obnoxious Saints fans too but hopefully, you wont run into them.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mothman wrote: Every article I saw about the interview made it clear he was joking when he made that comment about revenge.
Joking compared to what? There are plenty of players who don't even mention their former teams. Or avoid questions even when they are asked. He does neither.And then expounds on it, joking of course!

How can anyone who's followed this guy for a DECADE honestly give him the benefit of the doubt in this situation? He isn't savvy enough to handle an interviewer like that.

And revenge for what? The team not pushing harder after the NFL stepped in when he whipped his son and public opinion went against him. And then not making up for any losses he suffered when he returned. The entire time he played the victim, and expected the team to react like he was the victim.

hashtag:joking?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote:Joking compared to what?
Just joking... you know, that thing normal human beings with a sense if humor do all the time? That.

It was literally characterized that way in the press by those who heard him speak.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mothman wrote: Just joking... you know, that thing normal human beings with a sense if humor do all the time? That.

It was literally characterized that way in the press by those who heard him speak.
I wonder how many of them listened to him speak for the last ten years.
I think he's being given too much credit...
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Demi wrote: I wonder how many of them listened to him speak for the last ten years.
I think he's being given too much credit...
I get it, Adrian is anything but subtle. But Jim's point is spot on: the tone of the interview was in jest.

Do I think AD is half joking, half serious? Possibly. Do I think he'll come out and play extra hard because it is against us? Definitely. Not because he's felt slighted by the MN Vikings, just because of ego, and the whole world will be watching. At least, those that give a rip about this silly sport we follow.