2017 draft thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2017 draft thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote:
I think trading up into the 1st for Ramczyk would have been too costly but Lamp/Elflein/Perine looks pretty good on paper. The only issue being there's some debate on whether Lamp can play tackle in the NFL.
Only thing with that is we would've been into the 5th round looking for a DT. I'm not so sure how much longer we could've waited with that one
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Breakdown of Jaleel Johnson with gifs

IScouting Jaleel Johnson: A Student of the Game

a more in depth breakdown

Last edited by 808vikingsfan on Fri May 05, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Only thing with that is we would've been into the 5th round looking for a DT. I'm not so sure how much longer we could've waited with that one
Maybe...

They went into the draft with 5 picks in rounds 2-4. They drafted 4 players in those rounds and that's after trading one of their 4th round picks to move up in R2. It's impossible to run through all of the scenarios but it seems quite possible to me that they could have come away with one of either Ramczyk, Robinson or Lamp plus Elflein, Johnson and Perine (or at least a DT and an RB) all by the end of R4 and almost certainly by the end of R5.

By the way, for anybody who lost count (I know I did), the Vikings made a total of seven trades in this draft, 4 on Day 2 alone! The Daily Norseman summed them up here:

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/4/30/ ... ngs-trades
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:Breakdown of Jaleel Johnson with gifs

IScouting Jaleel Johnson: A Student of the Game

a more in depth breakdown

Thanks for sharing, that was a good breakdown and makes me feel a little better about passing on Westbrook.