who will be our C/RG combo next year?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

who will be our starting C/RG combo next year?

1. Berger/Sirles
9%
2. Berger/Elflein
23%
3. Elflein/Berger
64%
4. Elflein/Sirles
5%

Total votes: 22

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

who will be our C/RG combo next year?

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I'm going with:

2. Berger/Elflein

maybe Elflein can slide over to C in 2018?
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?

Post by jackal »

I took the rookie/Cirles combo but who knows
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Elflien and Berger will line up with each other, C & G with Sirles backing up Berger. Easton backs up Elflien.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

What else does Berger play well? Can he return kicks?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one
Unless he retires. But yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer that he'll "beat out" pretty much anyone else on the roster at RG.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Zimmer said he was going to try Elflein at center. Guard spot is pretty much open. I would think as long as Berger stays healthy he is guaranteed one of the spots.
Who would we have backing up Boone? He missed a couple games last year.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote:Who would we have backing up Boone? He missed a couple games last year.
Sirles, Isiorda or Easton most likely. Or Berger moves over and one of those other guys slides to RG.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

dead_poet wrote: Unless he retires. But yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer that he'll "beat out" pretty much anyone else on the roster at RG.
I've heard this mentioned a couple of times. Is there talk that he is thinking of retiring? I really hope that is not the case or that could spell trouble......
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

MikethePurple wrote: I've heard this mentioned a couple of times. Is there talk that he is thinking of retiring? I really hope that is not the case or that could spell trouble......
If he was going to retire, I would imagine he would've done it by now.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

MikethePurple wrote:One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.
It's been a few months since there's been an update. Oddly, I can't find the article that mentioned it originally right now.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

MikethePurple wrote:One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.
There have been rumblings (though not many) and Berger was contemplating retirement a couple of years ago. He'll turn 35 this month and he suffered a concussion last season so retirement seems like a possibility.
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

Mothman wrote: There have been rumblings (though not many) and Berger was contemplating retirement a couple of years ago. He'll turn 35 this month and he suffered a concussion last season so retirement seems like a possibility.
I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed because that would definitely be a setback for a thin and unproven group already.....
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

MikethePurple wrote:
I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed because that would definitely be a setback for a thin and unproven group already.....
I think he will play this year. I mean if he retired out of nowhere, it hurts yeah but I still don't think Easton and Elflein are a bad combo either. I'm kind of an Easton fan for whatever reason. I like his toughness and physicality.
-Chazz Palminteri