View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 pm



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 who will be our C/RG combo next year? 

who will be our starting C/RG combo next year?
1. Berger/Sirles 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
2. Berger/Elflein 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
3. Elflein/Berger 64%  64%  [ 14 ]
4. Elflein/Sirles 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 22

 who will be our C/RG combo next year? 
Author Message
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:07 pm
Posts: 2916
Post who will be our C/RG combo next year?
I'm going with:

2. Berger/Elflein


maybe Elflein can slide over to C in 2018?


Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11370
Location: California
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
I took the rookie/Cirles combo but who knows

_________________
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!


Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Posts: 1385
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
Elflien and Berger will line up with each other, C & G with Sirles backing up Berger. Easton backs up Elflien.

_________________
Image
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter


Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:34 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17668
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
What else does Berger play well? Can he return kicks?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4536
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:19 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23453
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one


Unless he retires. But yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer that he'll "beat out" pretty much anyone else on the roster at RG.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed May 03, 2017 5:58 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1590
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
Zimmer said he was going to try Elflein at center. Guard spot is pretty much open. I would think as long as Berger stays healthy he is guaranteed one of the spots.
Who would we have backing up Boone? He missed a couple games last year.


Wed May 03, 2017 8:03 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23453
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
halfgiz wrote:
Who would we have backing up Boone? He missed a couple games last year.


Sirles, Isiorda or Easton most likely. Or Berger moves over and one of those other guys slides to RG.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed May 03, 2017 11:28 am
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:08 am
Posts: 176
Location: Portland, OR
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
dead_poet wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one


Unless he retires. But yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer that he'll "beat out" pretty much anyone else on the roster at RG.


I've heard this mentioned a couple of times. Is there talk that he is thinking of retiring? I really hope that is not the case or that could spell trouble......


Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4536
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
MikethePurple wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not sure why anyone would think that Berger wouldnt start somewhere. He was a top center in the league last year and the previous one


Unless he retires. But yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer that he'll "beat out" pretty much anyone else on the roster at RG.


I've heard this mentioned a couple of times. Is there talk that he is thinking of retiring? I really hope that is not the case or that could spell trouble......


If he was going to retire, I would imagine he would've done it by now.

_________________
Image


Wed May 03, 2017 12:13 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:08 am
Posts: 176
Location: Portland, OR
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.


Wed May 03, 2017 12:20 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23453
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
MikethePurple wrote:
One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.


It's been a few months since there's been an update. Oddly, I can't find the article that mentioned it originally right now.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed May 03, 2017 12:27 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
MikethePurple wrote:
One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.


There have been rumblings (though not many) and Berger was contemplating retirement a couple of years ago. He'll turn 35 this month and he suffered a concussion last season so retirement seems like a possibility.


Wed May 03, 2017 12:30 pm
Profile
Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:08 am
Posts: 176
Location: Portland, OR
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
Mothman wrote:
MikethePurple wrote:
One would hope but we didn't have any word about Loadholt or Sullivan at this time last year either. Granted Loadholt had a workout set back but I guess I wouldn't take it as a given. I was more wondering about whether there had been credible rumblings/reports around the subject or not.


There have been rumblings (though not many) and Berger was contemplating retirement a couple of years ago. He'll turn 35 this month and he suffered a concussion last season so retirement seems like a possibility.


I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed because that would definitely be a setback for a thin and unproven group already.....


Wed May 03, 2017 12:37 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4536
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: who will be our C/RG combo next year?
MikethePurple wrote:

I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed because that would definitely be a setback for a thin and unproven group already.....


I think he will play this year. I mean if he retired out of nowhere, it hurts yeah but I still don't think Easton and Elflein are a bad combo either. I'm kind of an Easton fan for whatever reason. I like his toughness and physicality.

_________________
Image


Wed May 03, 2017 11:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 808vikingsfan and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.