Retirement

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Retirement

Post by fiestavike »

The draft is usually my favorite time of the football year, and this year was no different. I really enjoyed binging on tape of all the players coming into the league this year, and yet, I no longer have the love for the game I once had. The game has changed, much for the worse in my view. Therefore, I'm going to be looking for new avenues and outlets for my skills and passions. This has been coming for a long time. So, I hereby announce my retirement as a football fan. Adios!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Retirement

Post by CbusVikesFan »

STOP IT!! You're appreciated around here. Give it some time. The intrigue of the season will draw you back in.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Just because you don't love the game like you once did, doesn't mean you have to abandon it altogether.

But I hear you. I was a huge NBA and MLB fan. Totally lost interest in both so I can see how that can happen.

Hope the spark comes back for you one day. Your contributions will be missed.

May I ask what was the last straw? Maybe a good rant may make you feel better.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Take a rest and come back refreshed. Enjoyed your input.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I can understand, the game has changed a lot in just the last few years, I took my son to the home opener against Green Bay last year and when the credit card bill came I about came unglued. I mean just a few years earlier I was able to take five of us to the game and spend about the same as I spent last year for two. Even tailgating has become expensive as you have to have a permit or pay a big parking fee . As we get older I guess priorities change and we develop other interests,I used to watch NBA and now I pay no attention at all,It is not just the NFL as NCAA college football has become about as expensive as NFL,many of my friends have given up their season tickets as they keep asking for more every year. Anyway I hope you still will comment some, as I enjoy reading what you have to say.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Damn.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I hope you find those new avenues and outlets satisfying and rewarding. Like a few other fans here, I used to follow the NBA and now I barely pay attention to it at all so I understand how interest in a sport can wane with time.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

I think fiesta just needs a good siesta. You will come back refreshed and I for one will appreciate your input.....even if I sometimes do not agree.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:I hope you find those new avenues and outlets satisfying and rewarding. Like a few other fans here, I used to follow the NBA and now I barely pay attention to it at all so I understand how interest in a sport can wane with time.
I'm getting the same way with the NBA. The shoddy officiating and diva attitudes have ruined the sport. I will say that so far the Wolves look like they have avoided the diva personalies, but I can't stand how the players aren't even allowed to defend in the paint because there is a foul on every play. Then they whine that the games are taking too long. Have you ever watched a game from the 80s? They practically rip each other's faces off and no fouls are called.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I'm getting the same way with the NBA. The shoddy officiating and diva attitudes have ruined the sport. I will say that so far the Wolves look like they have avoided the diva personalies, but I can't stand how the players aren't even allowed to defend in the paint because there is a foul on every play. Then they whine that the games are taking too long. Have you ever watched a game from the 80s? They practically rip each other's faces off and no fouls are called.
I watched a lot of them during the '80s! :lol:
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

April fools was exactly one month ago!

I hope this is just a Brett Favre style retirement where you ultimately return! :-)
:govikes:
:smilevike:
:v):
mike2mike
Starter

Post by mike2mike »

Your request to retire is declined
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Whatever it is you end up doing have fun and thanks for your contributions here. It's not as if we'll ban your account so perhaps we'll see you around.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I too left the NBA after the Glory of the Jordan years, the game just seemed to decline and I found the Girls College ball to be a better played game.

MLB is still keeps me riles up (Thank You Theo!!)

but the NFL is fading to me due to the weekly spate of career ending injuries. Players are just too big nowadays and unnaturally so. Plus, 40 years of being a disappointed Viking fan is just not much fun anymore. I am trying to stick with it, and I find myself watching the Pats games just to watch excellence on and off the field. Some day I hope people say that about MY team. WHile I am not senile........
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

You will be missed, Fiesta!

Please stop by now and again.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."