2017 Vikings Schedule!! Turkey Day AGAIN at Detroit!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

2017 Vikings Schedule!! Turkey Day AGAIN at Detroit!

Post by RFIP »

Vikings 2017 Schedule
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/2 ... 18cfb9856b
Week 1: Monday, Sept. 11 | New Orleans | ESPN | 6:10 p.m.

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 17 | at Pittsburgh | FOX | Noon

Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 24 | Tampa Bay | FOX | Noon

Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 1 | Detroit | FOX | Noon

Week 5: Monday, Oct. 9 | at Chicago | ESPN | 7:30 p.m.

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 15 | Green Bay | FOX | Noon*

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 22 | Baltimore | CBS | Noon*

Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 29 | at Cleveland (in London) | NFLN | 8:30 a.m.

Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 5 | BYE

Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 12 | at Washington | FOX | Noon*

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 19 | Los Angeles Rams | FOX | Noon*

Week 12: Thursday, Nov. 23 | at Detroit | FOX | 11:30 a.m.

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 3 | at Atlanta | FOX | Noon*

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 10 | at Carolina | CBS | Noon*

Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 17 | Cincinnati | CBS | Noon*

Week 16: Saturday, Dec. 23 | at Green Bay | NBC | 7:30 p.m.

Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 31 | Chicago | FOX | Noon*

(All times are Central; *Time subject to change due to flexible scheduling)
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2017 Vikings Schedule!! Turkey Day AGAIN at Detroit!

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why do we keep playing in GB at the end of the season? It seems like the schedule makers are in a rut lately.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Loving the home opener. Should be a good test for us
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I'm counting four prime time games? Not bad. It'll be an interesting season.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

December and the last game in November are going
to be a real test. Three road games in a row. Green Bay
on the road after one home game
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why do we keep playing in GB at the end of the season? It seems like the schedule makers are in a rut lately.
The last two weeks of the season focus on divisional match-ups. Plus, the schedule-makers are clearly hoping that late season game will have high stakes since it's on SNF.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Damn I was hoping they'd have a home game on the 8th since the following Monday is a federal holiday. Or a Thursday home game. Now I don't know which game to watch...
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Wow. This is a not an easy schedule.

A lot hinges on the early home games. The Saints, Bucs and Lions are all beatable -- but they're all capable of beating us. Pittsburgh is going to be really, really hard to beat on the road.

Glad to finally have a home opener after four straight years of opening on the road.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Going to hard to finish stong the end of this season, unless Rick actually does his job during the off-season.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

27th in sos, im not buying it. Afc north at pitt. Then at wash, at atlanta, at carolina , opening with the always dangerous saints, ravens, bengals, up and coming tampa. This will not be easy
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Wow. This is a not an easy schedule.

A lot hinges on the early home games. The Saints, Bucs and Lions are all beatable -- but they're all capable of beating us. Pittsburgh is going to be really, really hard to beat on the road.

Glad to finally have a home opener after four straight years of opening on the road.
I do like the fact that the Pittsburgh game is early in the season. There are plenty of winnable games for the Vikings to squander. :roll: :D
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Not delving into the sked completely yet but as usual there will be a Midwest bias against nfc north viewers. There will be a giants or Philly game instead of Vikings or a Lions game. I guarantee you that there more Vikings fans here in Cbus than giants or Philly fans. If not those games, the geniuses will flip the viewing to include the afc north on fox thus superseding any decent nfc north matchup.
May the parasites of a thousand camels fly up their noses.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

bleacherreport: 2017 NFL Schedule: W-L Predictions for Every Team

After starting off 2016 with a 5-0 record, the Minnesota Vikings totally plummeted, losing eight of their next 11 games.

What was the catalyst for the Vikings' failures? Offensive line woes.

Sure, Sam Bradford isn't the greatest quarterback in the league (though he did have an otherworldly completion percentage in 2016), but the Vikings offensive line was just awful—it seemed like they used 18 million different combinations and none of them were any good.

It's clear the Vikings brass noticed, as the team brought in two offensive tackles: Riley Reiff and Mike Remmers.

2016 was also the final season of the Adrian Peterson era.

As a result, the Vikings picked up former Oakland Raiders running back Latavius Murray to fill the void.

With additions, there are subtractions, of course, but for the Vikings, they didn't lose anyone all that important—all replaceable.

The Vikings are an average team in a pretty tough division headed by the Green Bay Packers with the Detroit Lions right there, too.

Fortunately, the Chicago Bears are in the same division.

Toughest game: at Atlanta Falcons (Week 13)

This was a tough call between the Atlanta Falcons and Pittsburgh Steelers, but the Falcons have just as good an offense (if not better) than the Steelers and their defense is better, too.

The defending NFC champs will give this Vikings new-look offensive line all it can handle while Matt Ryan and Julio Jones obliterate this Vikings defense.

Prove-it games: vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Week 3)

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers at home is a game the Minnesota Vikings can win, but the Bucs present an interesting challenge.

With a stout secondary, the Vikings should be able to create some issues for Bucs quarterback Jameis Winston.

However, the Bucs pass rush consisting of Gerald McCoy, Chris Baker, William Gholston and Robert Ayers (among others) will likely give the Vikings trouble—their offensive line is still far from perfect.

It's always big to beat a team that's of similar quality.

2017 record prediction: 7-9
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

From Ben Goessling:

2017 Minnesota Vikings game-by-game predictions

He has them going 2-4 in the division (sweeping the Bears, swept by GB and DET) and 8-8 overall.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

This schedule has the potential to be challenging or very soft. My opinion is that right now it has a slight bias towards soft. Most of this schedule is against teams that had between 6 and 9 wins last year, like us. Ultimately the question is who over achieved last year (My vote is Detroit) and who underachieved. Who continues to slide or stay the same and who turns it around?

As has been the debate all season: Are the Viking a team on the cusp of a run or is the window closed and are we on a downward spiral? If we are spiraling then why bother? If they are on the cusp of a run, then this schedule is very favorable.

Only six games against playoff teams and two of those are the Lions. The Pittsburgh game will be interesting. That is a good time to get them as their offense will not yet be in mid-season form, I expect a competitive game. The Atlanta game is an obvious test. Green Bay is Green Bay, nothing new there.

The only real "titan" on the schedule is Atlanta. Pittsburgh and GB are close seconds, but both are teams that got routed in their respective conference championship games. They are good teams, but not on par with Atlanta.

Also, we are not playing any of the other truly elite NFL defenses. Based on last year's stats the only top 5 scoring defense on the schedule is ours. PIT, CIN, BAL were in the top 10 for scoring defense. DET was #13. (Ironically Dallas was #4 and their defense was / is pathetic, more proof of scoring efficacy driving defensive stats, but I digress...)

The big question is who of the 6-9 win bunch takes a step this year if anyone. I think of all the teams in that category, the Vikings have the roster to make the biggest move, but I'm biased. Every year a team in the NFL turns it around. There is a good chance one of those teams in our schedule IMO.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi