2017 draft thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: 2017 draft thread

Post by S197 »

halfgiz wrote:I'm thinking # 48 could be a very interesting pick. Who do you pick?
Feeney, McDowell, Brantley , Mixon all are still there at 48...who does Rick pick?
It will be an interesting pick and really depends on how the board shakes out. Feeney may very well be the only viable O-line option at that pick (maybe Bolles). But it seems early for a Elflin or Pocic. At least from the mocks I've seen, one thing I've learned over the years is I don't know jack squat about linemen. Is Isaac Asiata related to Matt?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote: It will be an interesting pick and really depends on how the board shakes out. Feeney may very well be the only viable O-line option at that pick (maybe Bolles). But it seems early for a Elflin or Pocic. At least from the mocks I've seen, one thing I've learned over the years is I don't know jack squat about linemen. Is Isaac Asiata related to Matt?
I think the concussions will take Feeney off a lot of people's boards. Nobody wants to draft a player who is going to retire after a year or two. I'd probably go Brantley.

Mixon reminds me of Matt Forte, and that's a good thing, but I don't see the reason to draft a RB that early in this draft, being as deep as it is, and especially when he causes PR problems for you.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

How many concussions has he had?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote:How many concussions has he had?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
http://thevikingage.com/2017/02/15/viki ... an-feeney/
The elephant in the room and biggest weakness surrounding Feeney though is his high number of concussions. There is not an exact number of concussions he has suffered throughout his career, but he did miss six games in 2016.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

halfgiz wrote:I'm thinking # 48 could be a very interesting pick. Who do you pick?
Feeney, McDowell, Brantley , Mixon all are still there at 48...who does Rick pick?
How about a WR? :lol:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

He just got a 1st rd WR last year. You trust Rick to pick another? He used all his luck on Diggs.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:He just got a 1st rd WR last year. You trust Rick to pick another? He used all his luck on Diggs.
I'm not certain Treadwell is a fit in the current offense. The last time we had any continuity around here was with Dennis Green. :wallbang:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

From all the visits and rumors it sounds like
Floyds replacement (maybe) in the second round
and likely another running back in the third.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:He just got a 1st rd WR last year. You trust Rick to pick another? He used all his luck on Diggs.
Lol, that was tongue in cheek. I really am not trusting Rick to make many good picks.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

CbusVikesFan wrote: Lol, that was tongue in cheek. I really am not trusting Rick to make many good picks.
Rick on draft day:

Don't screw up, Rick.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: Rick on draft day:

Don't screw up, Rick.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Nobody still has any clue if Treadwell will be good or not yet.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:Image
It was just a joke.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Was Thielen luck as well?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote: Was Thielen luck as well?

It depends on how you look at it but quite honestly, the answer is probably yes. :) His initial presence on the Vikings arguably had more to do with geography than scouting. If he hadn't attended Minnesota State in Mankato and then, after going undrafted, participated in a 3 day rookie tryout to earn a chance at being a "camp body" and subsequently, practice squad player, would he even be a Viking? If he'd gone to school in California or Arkansas, probably not. The guy basically fought his own way onto the roster and up the depth chart.