Vikings sign OT Riley Reiff, formerly of the Detroit Lions

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Vikings sign OT Riley Reiff, formerly of the Detroit Lio

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Oh yeah I mean that's where you started to see a little bit of a drop off after that game but it had nothing to do with the Eagles game. It's still hard to say this D was "exposed" with the numbers they put up on the year. There was a little drop off but I wouldn't considered it exposed.
someone had posted stats at the end of the season that said the Vikings defense was like 15th (or worse) in the league after week 5. It was a baffling and disturbing stat. They had some good games like against Dallas, but they had some really bad games like Indy and at GB too.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Vikings sign OT Riley Reiff, formerly of the Detroit Lio

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: someone had posted stats at the end of the season that said the Vikings defense was like 15th (or worse) in the league after week 5. It was a baffling and disturbing stat. They had some good games like against Dallas, but they had some really bad games like Indy and at GB too.
I think those stats were posted by that friend of yours who joined the board this year (and whose name I'm forgetting at the moment).

Overall, there was a considerable drop in the quality of the defensive performance after the bye week. They had some good games but for the most part, they didn't play like the dominant defense we saw in the first 5 games.