Vikings Grades: Quarterback

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback

Post by RFIP »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I would say he easily warrants a first round pick. He had his best season ever, almost 4000 yards, 20 TDs and 5 INTs with no OL support or running support. Thats pretty darn good if you ask me and very worthy of a first round pick plus some
Do you think there is a team that would give a first round pick, and if so, who?[/quote]

I think 2018 would be a huge year for Sam to pick his team. Houston, Denver, Arizona all will need QB's. Problem for this year is Houston got burned last year with Brock and Elway is still playing hard-azz games so I'd say those two would be out and Arizona is taking one last swing with Palmer.

Add in the aging QB's in Pittsburgh, NY, NO and you just never know which will be interested in Sam next year which is why he's not signing ANY long term deal in Mn unless it truly IS a long term deal and not a 1 year and we can dump you thereafter deal.

Yep, in 9-10 months he will be in HIGH demand if he's on the open market.[/quote]

Agreed. I honestly can't see him having a bad year given that we are in the process of improving the OL, he's got good WRs, hopefully improving the OL improves the running game which it should just with Reiff and Remmers alone, etc. He's been pretty flawless at the end of 2015 and all of last year. He's always been a very good pocket passer. The key is, giving him a pocket to pass in. But what he did, given what he had at RB and the OL this year, it was pretty impressive.[/quote]

One only needs to go back to the beginning of 2013' the final 6.5 games he played as a Ram, with garbage weapons and a suspect OL he was at 14 td's and 4 ints with a 90.9 rating before his first ACL happened. Which is why the Eagles were tickled to give Foles and their #2 for Sam and why Kelly proclaimed "Sam Bradford would NEVER be available if not for injuries, lets not kid ourselves.."

From the beginning of 2013 till now Bradford has grown in to the elite QB he is today, elite in arm talent, mind, competitiveness and leadership on and off the field. Yes he needed the first half or 15' to adjust to playing football again after 18 months away, forgive him for that but since then he's been money.

Only a fool in the Vikings situation trades that away now.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

RFIP wrote: It's a fun exercise but the facts are this; Sam either signs a long term deal in Minny, Vikings tag him in 18', he walks as a FA or they trade him to the team of HIS choosing where he signs a long term deal PRE-trade.
Which of those option would you choose?
a) long term deal
b)tag him for another season after this one
c)let him walk after season
d)tag/trade him to a team of his choosing
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

fiestavike wrote: Which of those option would you choose?
a) long term deal
I would go A......long term deal depending upon $$$ and terms. As long as it is somewhat reasonable and not outlandish.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I think Sam might want to stick around, one thing to remember is he's had a proverbial revolving door of OC''s throughout his career. Reuniting him with Shurmur provides stability he hasn't really ever had. Fixing the line will be a big part of it but I don't see the Vikings as a bad option for him compared to what will be available in 2018.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:I think Sam might want to stick around, one thing to remember is he's had a proverbial revolving door of OC''s throughout his career. Reuniting him with Shurmur provides stability he hasn't really ever had. Fixing the line will be a big part of it but I don't see the Vikings as a bad option for him compared to what will be available in 2018.

I think it's going to depend on what occurs over the remainder of 2017. I doubt the Vikings will extend Bradford until they see more from him and see how Bridgewater's continued efforts to recover go this year. If Bradford plays well and things work out well for the team this season, I'd say there's a good chance he'll be signed to continue starting in 2018. If things go poorly, he may want to move on and/or the Vikes may want to go in a different direction... who knows?

If Bradford has a good year and Bridgewater's recovery goes really well, all bets are off because the Vikes clearly love him.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:
I think it's going to depend on what occurs over the remainder of 2017. I doubt the Vikings will extend Bradford until they see more from him and see how Bridgewater's continued efforts to recover go this year. If Bradford plays well and things work out well for the team this season, I'd say there's a good chance he'll be signed to continue starting in 2018. If things go poorly, he may want to move on and/or the Vikes may want to go in a different direction... who knows?

If Bradford has a good year and Bridgewater's recovery goes really well, all bets are off because the Vikes clearly love him.
They can extend him any time during the season right?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:They can extend him any time during the season right?
Yes, as long as he's amenable to it.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

I just don't see TB playing again. Stranger things have happened but I just get the feeling that he is done. Shame he seems like such a nice guy.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Mothman wrote:

I love Teddy and I know I am far from the only fan who thinks he is our QB of the future.

Let's use the extreme: Sam Bradford helps the Vikings win the Super Bowl in 2017. He is the unquestioned QB of the franchise. There is no debate.

Any other scenario will be murky. If we miss the playoffs again, Sam's gone.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

fiestavike wrote: Which of those option would you choose?
a) long term deal
Long term deal is the easy answer.

His talent alone warrants this plus he is an outstanding human being i.e. he will never embarrass the organization. Plus winning means everything to him, he knows he's been dealt crap hands (drafted by a team that was 4-43 the prior 3 seasons! Think about that for 1 second, and had the worst roster I can ever recall in 40+ years of watching football) and he wants nothing more than to win and win big.

He will only get more and more comfortable playing in MN and it's close enough to home (Oklahoma).

In short, I think it's a match made in heaven.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Mothman wrote: Yes, as long as he's amenable to it.

You sir, are one of the few here who seems to understand the FACTS of this matter. Touche~
Rock45
Rookie

Post by Rock45 »

I would say he easily warrants a first round pick. He had his best season ever, almost 4000 yards, 20 TDs and 5 INTs with no OL support or running support. Thats pretty darn good if you ask me and very worthy of a first round pick plus some

No doubt about it. He just had the most accurate season of all time. Of All Time.