Vikings Grades: Quarterback

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RFIP wrote: The only mistake will be picking up Bridgewater's 5th year. He isn't half the QB Sam is. And yes, there are reasons 2 teams moved on. 1) The Rams ONLY moved on after 2 consecutive ACL's, had ZERO to do with ability. And the only reason Philly moved on is because Kelly got canned and Pederson wanted "his guy"

I will remind you he was replaced in effect by the #1 and #2 picks in last years draft, neither of which are a pimple on Bradford's azz.

Your a TB guy I get it but friend facts are facts, if TB and SB came out the same year there would have been zero people who would have taken Teddy, ZERO. And that gap has only widened.
Very good point. Bradford is a good QB that got caught up in bad situations/injuries.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

RFIP wrote:
The only mistake will be picking up Bridgewater's 5th year. He isn't half the QB Sam is. And yes, there are reasons 2 teams moved on. 1) The Rams ONLY moved on after 2 consecutive ACL's, had ZERO to do with ability. And the only reason Philly moved on is because Kelly got canned and Pederson wanted "his guy"

I will remind you he was replaced in effect by the #1 and #2 picks in last years draft, neither of which are a pimple on Bradford's azz.

Your a TB guy I get it but friend facts are facts, if TB and SB came out the same year there would have been zero people who would have taken Teddy, ZERO. And that gap has only widened.
I think you are right.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Sam Bradford has thrown an interception on only 0.9% of his attempts this last two years.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
hypothetically, if the Vikings were to put Bradford on the trade block, what do you think they could get for him?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

fiestavike wrote: hypothetically, if the Vikings were to put Bradford on the trade block, what do you think they could get for him?
I would say he easily warrants a first round pick. He had his best season ever, almost 4000 yards, 20 TDs and 5 INTs with no OL support or running support. Thats pretty darn good if you ask me and very worthy of a first round pick plus some
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I would say he easily warrants a first round pick. He had his best season ever, almost 4000 yards, 20 TDs and 5 INTs with no OL support or running support. Thats pretty darn good if you ask me and very worthy of a first round pick plus some
Do you think there is a team that would give a first round pick, and if so, who?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

fiestavike wrote: Do you think there is a team that would give a first round pick, and if so, who?
Oh I think Cleveland would in a heartbeat. Especially have 2 first rounders. Clearly they wouldnt give us 1 overall but I could see them giving us 12. I could see Houston doing it also.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Oh I think Cleveland would in a heartbeat. Especially have 2 first rounders. Clearly they wouldnt give us 1 overall but I could see them giving us 12. I could see Houston doing it also.
Would you trade Bradford for the 12th overall pick?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

fiestavike wrote:
Would you trade Bradford for the 12th overall pick?
No not at this point. We'd be searching for a QB again.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: No not at this point. We'd be searching for a QB again.
It's actually a fair question though. But 8 hope they don't do it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

fiestavike wrote: Do you think there is a team that would give a first round pick, and if so, who?
I think 2018 would be a huge year for Sam to pick his team. Houston, Denver, Arizona all will need QB's. Problem for this year is Houston got burned last year with Brock and Elway is still playing hard-azz games so I'd say those two would be out and Arizona is taking one last swing with Palmer.

Add in the aging QB's in Pittsburgh, NY, NO and you just never know which will be interested in Sam next year which is why he's not signing ANY long term deal in Mn unless it truly IS a long term deal and not a 1 year and we can dump you thereafter deal.

Yep, in 9-10 months he will be in HIGH demand if he's on the open market.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

RFIP wrote: I think 2018 would be a huge year for Sam to pick his team. Houston, Denver, Arizona all will need QB's. Problem for this year is Houston got burned last year with Brock and Elway is still playing hard-azz games so I'd say those two would be out and Arizona is taking one last swing with Palmer.

Add in the aging QB's in Pittsburgh, NY, NO and you just never know which will be interested in Sam next year which is why he's not signing ANY long term deal in Mn unless it truly IS a long term deal and not a 1 year and we can dump you thereafter deal.

Yep, in 9-10 months he will be in HIGH demand if he's on the open market.
Agreed. I honestly can't see him having a bad year given that we are in the process of improving the OL, he's got good WRs, hopefully improving the OL improves the running game which it should just with Reiff and Remmers alone, etc. He's been pretty flawless at the end of 2015 and all of last year. He's always been a very good pocket passer. The key is, giving him a pocket to pass in. But what he did, given what he had at RB and the OL this year, it was pretty impressive.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Didn't Houston trade Brock because they thought they would get Romo?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Have there been any rumblings about extending Sam?

RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

fiestavike wrote: I would say he easily warrants a first round pick. He had his best season ever, almost 4000 yards, 20 TDs and 5 INTs with no OL support or running support. Thats pretty darn good if you ask me and very worthy of a first round pick plus some
Do you think there is a team that would give a first round pick, and if so, who?[/quote]

Oh I think Cleveland would in a heartbeat. Especially have 2 first rounders. Clearly they wouldnt give us 1 overall but I could see them giving us 12. I could see Houston doing it also.[/quote]

Would you trade Bradford for the 12th overall pick?[/quote]

No chance Cleveland CAN make the trade of #12 for Sam because, as I have said over and over Sam is NEVER signing a long term deal with a team he does not want to play for. Therefore Bradford is holding ALL the cards in any potential trade. Add in the fact that Zimmer knows he needs to win this year and minus 8 he has less than no chance.

It's a fun exercise but the facts are this; Sam either signs a long term deal in Minny, Vikings tag him in 18', he walks as a FA or they trade him to the team of HIS choosing where he signs a long term deal PRE-trade.