Headed toward disaster?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Headed toward disaster?

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote: It will definitely be interesting to see how they handle it and if they try to go with a one year contract or something longer.
I'd actually love Ryan Fitzpatrick as a backup.

He's one of those tweener guys. Not quite good enough to be a franchise guy, but definitely capable of keeping your team above water for a few weeks while your starter heals.

Last year, I always felt like the season was over if Bradford got hurt. Shaun Hill looked like he was throwing a medicine ball.

Of course, Fitzpatrick is likely going to cost nearly starter's money.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Shaun Hill looked like he was throwing a medicine ball.
:rofl:
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I think your assessment of Fitzpatrick is fair. However, I think his well documented carelessness with the football would likely be a major hurdle for the current Vikings coaching staff. My sense is they'd prefer a guy who doesn't give it up, even if that means he throws for 150.

This might change under Schurmer, but count me in that camp that thinks such a deviation would be a surprise.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Keenum is a good pick up. The guy is tough and is a great team guy. He'll work well with Sam. What he lacks in talent he makes up for in heart. Fans will love the guy.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

RFIP wrote:Keenum is a good pick up. The guy is tough and is a great team guy. He'll work well with Sam. What he lacks in talent he makes up for in heart. Fans will love the guy.
I like him better thabn most of the backups we've had in the last 10+ years.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Healthy Bradford > healthy Bridgewater
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

720pete wrote:Healthy Bradford > healthy Bridgewater
And it's not even close. I really wish they'd extend Bradford.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Demarates wrote: Yeah, I don't see TB getting truly healthy again. And I wasn't 100% happy with him to begin with.
Exactly !!! OF TB comes back what do you have really? A inexperienced injured QB who still reads Defenses slow, has no accurate Mid or Deep passing ability who is two years behind in his development. If he Can't return to playing status this season it's over for him.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Laserman wrote: Exactly !!! OF TB comes back what do you have really? A inexperienced injured QB who still reads Defenses slow, has no accurate Mid or Deep passing ability who is two years behind in his development. If he Can't return to playing status this season it's over for him.
It would be incredibly exciting to see him return to playing status this year!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Jesus Christ. Is it really that hard for Zimmer to see that Bradford is way better than Teddy probably ever will be?
That's What I was thinking when I read Zimmer's comments. I thought to myself that TB will be lucky if he can get as good as Bradford is now. I myself don't believe that's even possible. Either you are accurate at throwing the Long Ball or you are not. Teddy is not. If you can't stretch the field via fear of the long pass you ain't going anywhere in todays NFL. The 49ers Dink and Dunk days are long gone.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote: And it's not even close. I really wish they'd extend Bradford.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Maybe as far as passing goes, but I think BW is/was a better overall package (passing, scrambling, extending plays, playmaker, leadership). Remember, he bulked up last year, improved his velocity, and from what I remember, improved his deep ball.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote: Maybe as far as passing goes, but I think BW is/was a better overall package (passing, scrambling, extending plays, playmaker, leadership). Remember, he bulked up last year, improved his velocity, and from what I remember, improved his deep ball.
We never saw him beyond the preseason so none of that supposed improvement was ever evident in a meaningful game.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: We never saw him beyond the preseason so none of that supposed improvement was ever evident in a meaningful game.
Velocity and arm strength dont require a meaningful game to be evident. Other than that, he showed all those traits repeatedly in meaningful games. Its willfully obtuse to deny that he was throwing a better ball before his leg fell off.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: Velocity and arm strength dont require a meaningful game to be evident. Other than that, he showed all those traits repeatedly in meaningful games. Its willfully obtuse to deny that he was throwing a better ball before his leg fell off.
My point was about improvement last year, which we really never had a chance to see. I'm not being willfully obtuse, I just thought some fans filtered his preseason performance and the annual training camp hype about how much better everyone and everything was going to be through hopeful eyes and they saw a QB who was ready to break out. It happens with fans and players every year. I know I've done it.

I think the Vikes had a better QB the moment Bradford walked through the door.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:
I think the Vikes had a better QB the moment Bradford walked through the door.
Oh I know! :lol:

I think you thought the Vikings had a better QB the moment Bridgewater went down.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins