Headed toward disaster?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Headed toward disaster?

Post by chicagopurple »

exactly! sadly the state of the NFL is such that QB quarterback talent pool is so thin that MOST teams dont have any good back ups. College ball just isnt creating good talent for the NFL game. They spit out a bunch of kids that can run around and scramble like Newton (but not as durable as him) and that just isnt real usefull in the NFL. We need pocket passers who are team leaders not QB/RB hybrids.......
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The reality is they have a lot invested at the QB position and only a journeyman vet would come here knowing Sam is the starter and there's potential they could be bumped to 3rd string in TB is ready to go. So I don't really think free agency is a great option unless you want another Shaun Hill type of guy. We really have no idea about Teddy, the reports vary from he may play sometime this season to he'll never play again. That being said, Sam and Heinicke are the only two healthy QB's on the roster so pretty safe to say they're going to bring in other guys. I think it will be in the draft but we'll see. Zimmer is rightfully holding his cards close to his vest, plus I don't think he truly knows when Teddy will be back. If he's giving that statement in September, I'm worried, in March, not so much.
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

I definitely agree with both of you guys. Personally, I thought the potential Foles signing made a lot of sense. Had experience with Shurrmer and knows his role as a backup. Who knows, maybe they'll bring in Manziel. Just kidding guys!!!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:The reality is they have a lot invested at the QB position and only a journeyman vet would come here knowing Sam is the starter and there's potential they could be bumped to 3rd string in TB is ready to go. So I don't really think free agency is a great option unless you want another Shaun Hill type of guy. We really have no idea about Teddy, the reports vary from he may play sometime this season to he'll never play again. That being said, Sam and Heinicke are the only two healthy QB's on the roster so pretty safe to say they're going to bring in other guys. I think it will be in the draft but we'll see. Zimmer is rightfully holding his cards close to his vest, plus I don't think he truly knows when Teddy will be back. If he's giving that statement in September, I'm worried, in March, not so much.
Zimmer has indicated the Vikings will be acquiring a veteran quarterback soon (see the link I posted up-thread).
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Dakotavike wrote:I definitely agree with both of you guys. Personally, I thought the potential Foles signing made a lot of sense. Had experience with Shurrmer and knows his role as a backup. Who knows, maybe they'll bring in Manziel. Just kidding guys!!!

Maybe it will be Cutler and we can watch Kapp's head explode. :twisted:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: Zimmer has indicated the Vikings will be acquiring a veteran quarterback soon (see the link I posted up-thread).
I took the 100% comment to mean they'll sign someone (FA or draft) but I could be wrong. Even if they do bring in a vet I'm hopeful they still draft a QB if nothing more than to push Heinicke for his spot.

Seems like slim pickings for vets who would want to come here to hold a clipboard. Maybe a guy like Fitzpatrick?
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Zimmer could also praising Teddy in public as sign of support. Per what SI97 said, it is March, August or the regular season.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:I took the 100% comment to mean they'll sign someone (FA or draft) but I could be wrong.

I was referring to a different quote from the article:
With Bridgewater’s steady but slow road back, Zimmer indicated the Vikings will be acquiring a veteran quarterback soon.
Even if they do bring in a vet I'm hopeful they still draft a QB if nothing more than to push Heinicke for his spot.
I hope so too.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Mothman wrote:
Are there going to be tickets for sale for this event? Lmao
wouldn't be something if it was he who shall not be named? My God, everyone's head will explode.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:

I was referring to a different quote from the article:
I hope so too.
Ah sorry I missed that. It will be interesting how they play this one, you could go with an older "safer" vet like a Fitzpatrick or maybe take a flier on a Kaepernick or RG3. There's also a few guys who have shown some promise but very inconsistently, guys like Keenum or Yates maybe who I assume would be cheaper options.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:
Why do you insist on tormenting me?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote:Ah sorry I missed that. It will be interesting how they play this one, you could go with an older "safer" vet like a Fitzpatrick or maybe take a flier on a Kaepernick or RG3. There's also a few guys who have shown some promise but very inconsistently, guys like Keenum or Yates maybe who I assume would be cheaper options.
Kaepernick?

Holy crap. First Cutler, now Dr. Knee Pad.

What did I ever do to you people?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:Ah sorry I missed that. It will be interesting how they play this one, you could go with an older "safer" vet like a Fitzpatrick or maybe take a flier on a Kaepernick or RG3. There's also a few guys who have shown some promise but very inconsistently, guys like Keenum or Yates maybe who I assume would be cheaper options.
It will definitely be interesting to see how they handle it and if they try to go with a one year contract or something longer.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Why do you insist on tormenting me?

:lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

If they go Cutler / Kaepernick I'll have to stop using PODKY.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi