Toxic Leadership

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Toxic Leadership

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote:Zimmer tried to call Riki Ellison. Riki did not return his call. :lol:

via Zimmer on PA's show.

I love Zimmer.

:lol: Yeah I just read that last night. I would have loved to hear that conversation
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Maybe Riki did lose that number... :P

(Plagiarized joke, but I couldn't pass it up!)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Just Me wrote:Maybe Riki did lose that number... :P

That's good.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Just Me wrote:Maybe Riki did lose that number... :P

Didn't happen to see that on yesterdays Facebook KFAN thread on Mr. Riki?

'Cuz if you did...
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: When would we have fired him? Because we lost two games in a row? Even the year before our offense wasn't great but we were still 11-5. We didn't necessarily need to fire him :confused:

Striving for mediocrity will bite you
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Boon wrote:

Striving for mediocrity will bite you
....because thats what I'm doing :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PsyDanny wrote:
Didn't happen to see that on yesterdays Facebook KFAN thread on Mr. Riki?

'Cuz if you did...
Actually saw it here: http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/3/21/ ... s-comments

(Hence, my disclaimer about the joke being "plagiarized" - Just thought it was funny)

Was it you that posted it originally?
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Just Me wrote: Actually saw it here: http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/3/21/ ... s-comments

(Hence, my disclaimer about the joke being "plagiarized" - Just thought it was funny)

Was it you that posted it originally?
I did not post to that page, but to a KFAN tread on Facebook.

While it is possible that someone saw my post then carried it on to that thread, it is just as likely that another Steely Dan fan had the same brilliant idea!
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

That was funny! (Good job on coming up with that!)
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: ....because thats what I'm doing :confused:
Not a personal attack by any means, but I get the feeling you just like arguing. Because saying they went 11-5 the year before, and still had the 29th ranked offense, then questioning why they would fire him after two losses, when the team was now ranked 32nd in offense at the time of his "leaving", is striving for mediocrity. Keeping him there after 27, 29, and 32nd (at the time) nfl offensive yardage rankings is striving for mediocrity. Keeping an offensive coordinator who has a bottom feeder offense despite having the third ranked yardage defense, 7th in turnovers, and 6th ranked scoring defense , is striving for mediocrity. why fire him? you ask that and then try to use sarcasm to deflect something you JUST STATED
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Boon wrote:
Not a personal attack by any means, but I get the feeling you just like arguing. Because saying they went 11-5 the year before, and still had the 29th ranked offense, then questioning why they would fire him after two losses, when the team was now ranked 32nd in offense at the time of his "leaving", is striving for mediocrity. Keeping him there after 27, 29, and 32nd (at the time) nfl offensive yardage rankings is striving for mediocrity. Keeping an offensive coordinator who has a bottom feeder offense despite having the third ranked yardage defense, 7th in turnovers, and 6th ranked scoring defense , is striving for mediocrity. why fire him? you ask that and then try to use sarcasm to deflect something you JUST STATED
No I don't like "just arguing". I don't come on here to argue. But when was the last time you saw a coach get fired shortly after starting a season 5-0?? I don't think that has ever happened to be honest. I never said the offense was doing good under him. But at the same time, you don't see a coach get fired when the team is doing well. And for our offense at that time, the running game was still terrible but the passing game was doing fairly well. When we were 5-0 Bradford was averaging 250 a game and had 6 TDs and 0 INTs in 4 games. Just because we have 2 bad games in a row offensively doesnt warrant any coach getting fired. Especially when you're 5-2. It just doesnt happen.
-Chazz Palminteri
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Not necessarily true, AND the hot start we got out to was 90% due to a great defensive effort carrying an anemic offense. We won those 5 games despite the poor offense, not because of a good offense. Eventually, our defense fatigued out and couldnt cover up the atrocious excuse for an offense that we had and the tailspin began. Not all of this is due to the OC, heck, very little of it was. No OC could win with the sad excuse for a OL he was given, or the RB by committee of back-ups, etc.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

chicagopurple wrote:Not necessarily true, AND the hot start we got out to was 90% due to a great defensive effort carrying an anemic offense. We won those 5 games despite the poor offense, not because of a good offense. Eventually, our defense fatigued out and couldnt cover up the atrocious excuse for an offense that we had and the tailspin began. Not all of this is due to the OC, heck, very little of it was. No OC could win with the sad excuse for a OL he was given, or the RB by committee of back-ups, etc.
Of course the D was playing great but the offense wasnt that bad at all during that stretch. Especially the passing game. Running game was bad. But to say the offense was anemic in the first five games I disagree with. I would say bad running game and solid pass game. That doesnt define anemic
-Chazz Palminteri
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Yes it does....because any quality team you face will shut you down if you are that unbalanced. Moreover, the passing game wasnt great....it was better then last year but still the deep game was not on track. You forget that the QB was constantly getting pressured and dumping off short passes because he got NO time to let a play develop.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Of course the D was playing great but the offense wasnt that bad at all during that stretch. Especially the passing game. Running game was bad. But to say the offense was anemic in the first five games I disagree with. I would say bad running game and solid pass game. That doesnt define anemic

I think you're forgetting how much the offense struggled to score in at least 3 of those first 5 games. They didn't score a TD in week 1, managing only 4 FGs. They scored 17 in week 2 against GB. They scored just one TD and 2 FGs @Carolina. They were productive against the Giants and Texans but those were really the only two games out of the first 5 (or 7, for that matter) in which the offense was very effective.