How much would you pay for AP to come back for 1 year?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

How much would you pay AP in GUARANTEED money for 1-year contract to return to the Vikings?

I would not resign him at all
36%
Veteran minimum $1 million
5%
$2 million
14%
$3 million
14%
$4 million
14%
$5 million
9%
$6 million
9%
$7 million+
No votes

Total votes: 44

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: How much would you pay for AP to come back for 1 year?

Post by IrishViking »

fiestavike wrote: With the right team I could see him having a great season or left in the tank.

Hes not the runner that time forgot. He is effing old by RB standards, he has ALWAYS been fragile (only played 70% of games since drafted) and now he is worn down and fragile to boot. Yes he will probably have a couple of highlight worthy games, maybe even close in on 200 yards in a game once but the "AP carries team to playoffs" days are gone. He is 32, he'll be half way to 33 by the time the season starts. He'll be lining up against folks that are a DECADE younger than him in some cases. Its not about how much is left in his tank, its about how big his tank is now.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

IrishViking wrote: Hes not the runner that time forgot. He is effing old by RB standards, he has ALWAYS been fragile (only played 70% of games since drafted) and now he is worn down and fragile to boot. Yes he will probably have a couple of highlight worthy games, maybe even close in on 200 yards in a game once but the "AP carries team to playoffs" days are gone. He is 32, he'll be half way to 33 by the time the season starts. He'll be lining up against folks that are a DECADE younger than him in some cases. Its not about how much is left in his tank, its about how big his tank is now.
I think I have tank envy...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!