Peterson headed to free agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Peterson headed to free agency

Post by chicagopurple »

Joey Browner! Yeah, Baby! Back in the day when pass coverage meant knocking the snot out of the reciever! Browner, Fencik, Tatum....bring the pain......
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I sure hope Peterson goes to the Raiders, Denver, Chiefs, Somebody in the AFC besides the pats who can contend. Sure don't want him to go to Seattle UGHHHHHHHH
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Sounds like Peterson is looking for a lot of money and not getting it so far.
Benjamin Allbright @AllbrightNFL
Word is teams that would be interested in Adrian Peterson are put off by his asking price. Asking double what teams looking to pay.
Adam Caplan‏ @caplannfl
On #Raiders and Adrian Peterson: Source said interest level is more on his end to join team than theirs.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Crax wrote:Sounds like Peterson is looking for a lot of money and not getting it so far.

At his age, coming off an injury, the market will likely be soft for him at first so this isn't unexpected at this stage, before free agents can even be signed. It makes no sense for him to come out of the gate eager to accept a low offer and teams will likely be willing to wait for his price to go down. It's a bargaining dance we see every spring, especially with older free agents. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes unsigned for months.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:
At his age, coming off an injury, the market will likely be soft for him at first so this isn't unexpected at this stage, before free agents can even be signed. It makes no sense for him to come out of the gate eager to accept a low offer and teams will likely be willing to wait for his price to go down. It's a bargaining dance we see every spring, especially with older free agents. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes unsigned for months.

Housman comes to mind.

To an Athlete dying young

The time you won your town the race
We chaired you through the market-place;
Man and boy stood cheering by,
And home we brought you shoulder-high.

Today, the road all runners come,
Shoulder-high we bring you home,
And set you at your threshold down,
Townsman of a stiller town.

Smart lad, to slip betimes away
From fields where glory does not stay,
And early though the laurel grows
It withers quicker than the rose.

Eyes the shady night has shut
Cannot see the record cut,
And silence sounds no worse than cheers
After earth has stopped the ears.

Now you will not swell the rout
Of lads that wore their honours out,
Runners whom renown outran
And the name died before the man.

So set, before its echoes fade,
The fleet foot on the sill of shade,
And hold to the low lintel up
The still-defended challenge-cup.

And round that early-laurelled head
Will flock to gaze the strengthless dead,
And find unwithered on its curls
The garland briefer than a girl’s.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

NFL.com wrote:Peterson has value if he adjusts his expectations. Perhaps teams like the Bucs and Raiders would be willing to take a chance if he embraced being a role player and the salary that comes with it: $5 million or less? If not, a return to Minnesota makes the most sense. Even if he's not a perfect fit for coordinator Pat Shurmur's system, he has sentimental value to the Vikings that could show up in his paycheck.
Please no. Although I did like the highlight video they included at the top of the article, I'm not interested in having Peterson back. In addition to him not being a fit in the new scheme, he's not what he was, he's old, lost a step, and there are durability concerns. Hard pass.
PurpleTears
Practice Squad

Post by PurpleTears »

Anyone else see a situation playing out where by Thompson takes advantage of APs tendency to let his hurt feelings feed his ego and uses this to full advantage to get AP in the door at a pauper's price....sure the NFL would be willing to chip in a finders fee for the deal as well to be able to hype and market those two games!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleTears wrote:Anyone else see a situation playing out where by Thompson takes advantage of APs tendency to let his hurt feelings feed his ego and uses this to full advantage to get AP in the door at a pauper's price....sure the NFL would be willing to chip in a finders fee for the deal as well to be able to hype and market those two games!

I think you nailed it. That's how I see it going down too.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Someone posted on Facebook how they could see AD signing with GB and then helping them win the Super Bowl in our stadium [ANGRY FACE][CRYING FACE]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Texas Vike wrote:
I think you nailed it. That's how I see it going down too.
You're not the only one. Found this in another forum:

[–]vita10gy 5 points 4 hours ago
I'm afraid he's going to go to the packers for $1 over vet min, rush for 2800 yards, and be Superbowl MVP in USBank stadium.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I hope he goes to the Packers. He'll get Rodgers killed by midseason. If he even stays healthy that long.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Someone posted on Facebook how they could see AD signing with GB and then helping them win the Super Bowl in our stadium [ANGRY FACE][CRYING FACE]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
There are very few things that would make me stop watching football. This would be one of them. If this happens I'm moving to Canada to live as a hermit and take up curling.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: There are very few things that would make me stop watching football. This would be one of them. If this happens I'm moving to Canada to live as a hermit and take up curling.
I would be right there with you.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote: There are very few things that would make me stop watching football. This would be one of them. If this happens I'm moving to Canada to live as a hermit and take up curling.
:lol: I'll move to Canada with you. We can be neighbors and come out of our house once a year to say how much we hate our lives and then go crawl back in our holes
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Not gonna happen.

Green Bay is notoriously stingy when it comes to free agents. There is no way they overpay for Adrian Peterson. The fact that they signed Martellus Bennett is a minor miracle in their world.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.