2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

5thWave
Backup

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by 5thWave »

Browns take Ostweiler and his contract for a 2nd from Texans....mind blown.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

5thWave wrote:Browns take Ostweiler and his contract for a 2nd from Texans....mind blown.
No the Browns got a 2nd too. Houston only received a 4th
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: No the Browns got a 2nd too. Houston only received a 4th
Right....sorry I wasn't so clear. In 2018.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Who does Houston have to replace Brock Osweiler?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Who does Houston have to replace Brock Osweiler?

Tom Savage. I am guessing they are in the hunt for Tony Romo as well
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:Who does Houston have to replace Brock Osweiler?

My guess is it's going to be Tony Romo
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Wow Chris Tomasson tweeted.... "For gaining 72 yards last season, Vikings RB Adrian Peterson in performance pay got an extra $1,316 plus 95 cents."

:lol: Suit me up. I'd go do that for a quick grand.... and 95 cents
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This is cool:

New Vikings RB Latavius Murray will no longer wear No. 28 out of respect for Adrian Peterson
New Minnesota Vikings running back Latavius Murray is giving up the jersey number he’s worn since he was a kid — not because someone who’s already on the team wears it, but because of someone who used to wear it for the Vikings.

Last week the Vikings declined to pick up their option on Adrian Peterson, the running back who has worn the No. 28 jersey for Minnesota the last 10 seasons. Early Thursday morning, the team announced it had signed Murray, who donned the same jersey number for the Oakland Raiders the previous four seasons.

“There wasn't a thought in my mind to try and wear or ask for the #28,” Murray wrote in an Instagram post later that morning. “I have too much respect for AP and so much respect for what he's done and what he means to this organization.”
FrenchVikes
Waterboy

Post by FrenchVikes »

Yes, really cool just because of this i already like him haha
You can see that the guy is humble and respectuous a mix that i like in a football player.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Jeremiah Sirles‏Verified account
@Sirles71_HSKR

Jeremiah Sirles Retweeted Latavius Murray
Excited to be blocking in front of this guy. Class act, and a great player. 2017 season can't come soon enough. #SKOL
Here's the link to Murray's instagram post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRtBDp0jdwH/
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Numbers change
@Vikings
30m
Alex Boone will wear #75 in 2017. @JayPrice04 will wear #24.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

FrenchVikes wrote: Yes, really cool just because of this i already like him haha
You can see that the guy is humble and respectuous a mix that i like in a football player.
Yeah he's a great kid. When we played against him he was one of those players that kept quiet and let his play do the talking. He was a stud of a high school player and was always very respectful
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:Numbers change
@Vikings
30m
Alex Boone will wear #75 in 2017. @JayPrice04 will wear #24.
Hopefully Boone isn't cursed by the #75. Notice nobody wears #7 anymore :lol:
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Former Vikings offensive tackle Matt Kalil was reunited with his brother, Panthers center Ryan, in free agency this offseason. But he arrived in his new destination without a Twitter account.

"After playing in Minnesota, I just got rid of my Twitter," Matt said Wednesday on The Rich Eisen Show. "I was harassed left and right."

Added Ryan: "This is not good intel for fans, but players read this stuff. Oh they read all of it. They try and act like they don't, but they read it all. Like, if I was a fan of an opposing team, I'd just be tweeting at a guy to get in his head all week. All week long."

....I had a feeling him leaving was partly in due to the fans. There are some fans that are just absolute idiots and psychotic on social media. I see it on instagram all the time too. I noticed Blair Walsh disabled commenting on every photo he has put up because if he didnt fans would be on there threatening his life. People gotta realize that these guys are real people too. No less 99.9% of these fans saying this stuff, would never say it to these guys in person. Instead they do it behind a computer screen so they feel tough.

This happened to Adam Thielen this past season as well. ADAM THIELEN. Arguably the nicest guy on earth/hometown hero and his wife came out and said before were threatening his life as well as his family's because he fumbled a punt vs. Dallas. I just dont understand what's wrong with people.

As much as I wasnt a fan of Kalil and Walsh, I feel for the guys. One minute, youre a hero to these fans and one mess up or many mess ups, and you're literally dead to them. It's gotta be tough on these guys and just drive them right out of Minneapolis. These freakin fans need to chill out. Hopefully nobody on this board is like that
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

What's Aaron Rogers twitter?

Asking for a friend...