Spielman losing his marbles?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Spielman losing his marbles?

Post by chicagopurple »

WTF is Spielman doing, signing a player cast off from the Raiders and trying to play it as building up the team? Cordarelle Patterson leaves and THIS is what he considers an upgrade? Latavius Murray?! Really??

A team that has been fading (and we are) cannot have on offseason characterized by overpayingg for mediocre talent.

The Vikes are going to prove to be yet another failed tenure for Spielman who has Never created a winner......the guy is just not sucessful and the Vikes deserve a far better GM then this .
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Spielman losing his marbles?

Post by fiestavike »

chicagopurple wrote:WTF is Spielman doing, signing a player cast off from the Raiders and trying to play it as building up the team? Cordarelle Patterson leaves and THIS is what he considers an upgrade? Latavius Murray?! Really??

A team that has been fading (and we are) cannot have on offseason characterized by overpayingg for mediocre talent.

The Vikes are going to prove to be yet another failed tenure for Spielman who has Never created a winner......the guy is just not sucessful and the Vikes deserve a far better GM then this .
He's just lowering expectations. :whistle:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Murray hasn't been signed yet, so I suggest you stop freaking out before you blow a gasket.

Not only that, Patterson was nothing more than an okay WR that just happened to be good at special teams. Returning will not matter within a couple years, and being okay at receiving can only get you so far. NOBODY but the Raiders were looking at Patterson. THAT should tell you how the league feels about him.

No, Spielman hasn't lost his mind, you're just overreacting.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

:roll: I think I might have to stay away from this thread. Also, given the fact that we are talking about the same thing in 8 other threads.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This doesn't need a thread of it's own, especially since Murray hasn't even been signed at this point. I'm locking it. IF Murray signs, discuss the signing in the 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread).