2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Post by halfgiz »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:One guy still out there that I would really like to get is DT Bennie Logan from the Eagles. Surprised he's still out there

Also if Newman retires, I would like to make a run at Morris Claiborne
Just wonder what kind of money Claiborne is going to want. Agree with Capt gone and if Newman retires. We will need some help.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

We have Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, Price, Sherels, Roberson
Roberson and Price are good size also.
We could probably use another. The draft class seems to be loaded at CB
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

With Greenway retired and Cole to the Jags LB becomes a need at least for depth. Really liked Cole and would have liked to see a full season (starting) out of him. Good on special teams and did well when asked to start. Good luck to ya kid.
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Well the Lions at least get it. They signed TJ Lang from Green Bay. Vikings of course sign the leftover scraps from the Lions. Dang this is frustrating. There better be a Mangold signing or at last one more lineman.
Last edited by Bigwehrm on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Bigwehrm wrote:Well the Lions at least get it. They signed TJ Lang from Green Bay. Vikings of course sign the leftover scraps from the Lions. Dang this is frustrating.

Fluker signs with the Giants......frustration is right
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I am happy with the 2 tackles. We have Boone at LG. Maybe they like what they have at RG or think that this draft has one that they will target. Maybe even Berger and Easton in the middle? Or Beavers?
Not being in on TJ Lang might have been a mistake?
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

IIsweet wrote:I am happy with the 2 tackles. We have Boone at LG. Maybe they like what they have at RG or think that this draft has one that they will target. Maybe even Berger and Easton in the middle? Or Beavers?
Not being in on TJ Lang might have been a mistake?
I am happy with the signings for the tackles too. TJ Lang is coming off hip sugery and an ankle issue (i think)...I didn't watch much Bengal games but Zeitler seemed to be the prize this offseason for olineman.

I want Patterson back, of course at a reasonable price, he seems to be underrated as an all around special teamer...I think he started to play gunner about the 4th or 5th game in and his impact was apparent. Considering defense is going to be the strong side of the ball controlling field position will be important. On offense he seemed to make strides toward the end of the season.

Any thoughts on adding Mangold and moving Berger to G ?
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

If Mangold is healthy, I would be in favor of signing him, would give us a lot of flexibility .
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Lacy left without a contract

Lacy told reporters the meeting was "cool," then made his way onto a plane to fly back to Green Bay, where he will meet with Packers brass on Monday. Lacy also visited the Seahawks. He is likely getting incentive-laden offers.

......good. Go sign with GB so you can get benched again
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Lacy left without a contract

Lacy told reporters the meeting was "cool," then made his way onto a plane to fly back to Green Bay, where he will meet with Packers brass on Monday. Lacy also visited the Seahawks. He is likely getting incentive-laden offers.

I am indifferent on Lacy playing for the Vikes. He seemed to be in the dog house for the past two seasons in GB ...odd that he would consider returning and they would still want him. I would rather have 32-year old AD.

If Mixon is available at 48 he will have to be considered
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Lacy left without a contract

I hope they don't waste money on this over-weight under achiever.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

ocampo82 wrote:
I am indifferent on Lacy playing for the Vikes. He seemed to be in the dog house for the past two seasons in GB ...odd that he would consider returning and they would still want him. I would rather have 32-year old AD.

If Mixon is available at 48 he will have to be considered
I hope they draft a RB either way. But I'd take Lacy over a lot of the other options.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote: I hope they draft a RB either way. But I'd take Lacy over a lot of the other options.
Yeah we need to draft one either way no matter who we sign
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

Datone Jones is supposedly coming in for a visit. Not sure where he would fit on our team. Wouldnt he be more of a DE in a 4-3? Any opinions on him?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

beerfan wrote:Datone Jones is supposedly coming in for a visit. Not sure where he would fit on our team. Wouldnt he be more of a DE in a 4-3? Any opinions on him?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Goodbye Emmanuel Lamur?

Hunter and Jones would be a pretty good reason not to run R against the vikings in base defense.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins