2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

nightowl
Career Elite Player

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

Post by nightowl »

jackal wrote: True but Patterson did more this year; however, he also admitted to poor effort for several
seasons and he basically ignored the help Zimmer was trying to give him for a few seasons.

I am guessing that figures in heavy with Zimmer and the powers that be.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. Maybe given his past actions they're concerned he'd revert to that once he get's paid.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

CP doesn't run routes the way they need to in our system which dictates getting the ball out fast, he is though one of the most valuable guys we have on special teams.I watched him improve tremendously in the last two years on kickoff coverage, and we all know his value as a returner, he doesn't go down on first contact and still has elite speed.His agent is probably pricing him higher than what teams are willing to pay for his skill set and I hope we can retain him.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Ben Leber
@nacholeber
1h
After looking at contract details, I'm even more excited about #Vikings OL pickups. Reiff really a 3yr deal and Remmers yr to yr.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

halfgiz wrote:Ben Leber
@nacholeber
1h
After looking at contract details, I'm even more excited about #Vikings OL pickups. Reiff really a 3yr deal and Remmers yr to yr.
... and the prospect of short term solutions to big problems gets Ben Leber excited? ;)
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: ... and the prospect of short term solutions to big problems gets Ben Leber excited? ;)
I think I get what he's saying though...but I feel like they paid too much for Reiff.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: ... and the prospect of short term solutions to big problems gets Ben Leber excited? ;)
Sounds like at least with Remmers they have him locked in but won't face a big cap hit if they need to let him go down the road.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote: Sounds like at least with Remmers they have him locked in but won't face a big cap hit if they need to let him go down the road.
Yeah I like how they set those contracts up
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Again, he is the only offensive player who consistently made plays last year (well Thielen I guess). McKinnon was hurt, Diggs was hurt, and I think he is an important piece to the Vikings puzzle.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Patterson is now a Raider. I wish CP the best.

Way to go, Vikings. An All Pro returner who can catch passes, run out of the backfield, even be an outstanding punt gunner, plus he's a playmaker any time he touches the ball, but Rick and the gang pass on him. :evil:
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

losperros wrote: Patterson is now a Raider. I wish CP the best.

Way to go, Vikings. An All Pro returner who can catch passes, run out of the backfield, even be an outstanding punt gunner, plus he's a playmaker any time he touches the ball, but Rick and the gang pass on him. :evil:
We are the dumbest team in the league. We have a checkdown QB and the only player on the team that can actually turn a 3rd and 9, 2 yard checkdown in to a first down, we let go.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

YikesVikes wrote: We are the dumbest team in the league. We have a checkdown QB and the only player on the team that can actually turn a 3rd and 9, 2 yard checkdown in to a first down, we let go.
I'd like to be more colorful with my language regarding how I feel about this insipid move by the Vikings, but I'll resist the urge.

I'll just say it pisses me off.

They sure as heck better get Thielen re-signed.
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

losperros wrote: I'd like to be more colorful with my language regarding how I feel about this insipid move by the Vikings, but I'll resist the urge.

I've been wondering too about the lack of Thielen news. I guess its good that no one has swooped in to pick him up yet as he is a restricted free agent if I'm correct? What round tender did they give him? Second?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

losperros wrote: I'd like to be more colorful with my language regarding how I feel about this insipid move by the Vikings, but I'll resist the urge.

Patterson could not have been expensive. This whole off-season has been really disappointing. I wonder what it will take for Wilf to realize what Spielman is doing.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Patterson could not have been expensive. This whole off-season has been really disappointing. I wonder what it will take for Wilf to realize what Spielman is doing.

My question is, what's so disappointing?? Guys complain we don't address OL and we did. And we lose a #4 WR and a nickel back and everyone wants to pull there hair out :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

Agree. Replace CP with Dede Westbrook...explosive playmaker and returner. Will come cheap because of absurd off-field shenanigans, but a good kid. Heisman contender quality. 4.3 speed.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:And we lose a #4 WR and a nickel back and everyone wants to pull there hair out :confused:
This is the key point IMO. The Vikings actually have a good enough core of young talent that they could potentially run into cap problems for the first time in years trying to keep them all. You lose those guys when you spend 10 million combined a season on your KR/WR4 and your Nickel. Its not that they are bad players who couldn't contribute, but those positions need to be manned by young guys on rookie deals or else teams start to see their foundational players become too expensive to retain AND they haven't develpoed any young talent behind them to come in and play.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins