2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

vatusay
Starter

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

Post by vatusay »

Yeah, Carolina Vikings?

Really don't mind seeing them pay guys that were weaknesses.

I'm not sure what cap's PFF numbers were or anything, but just the eye test he seemed to give up those drive extending down plays.

I hope they go after mangold still. I think he would be a nice fit on the line.

Address WR/RB/DB via draft. Would have liked Brandon Marshall in a Vikings uniform but he's been scooped up.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Really like the Mangold idea...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I've modified the first sentence of the original post in this thread to appear in bold and it's repeated below:

This thread is meant to offer board members a concise page to keep track of all 2017 offseason moves.

What that means is it's a thread where we can check to learn about 2017 free agent signings by the Vikings and it's a place to discuss those signings after they've occurred. It's not a place to bicker to with Packer fans about potential signings, to discuss potential draft picks, etc.. Please, let's all respect HardcoreVikesfan's intentions when starting the thread and stay on topic from this point forward.

Thank you.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Mothman wrote:I've modified the first sentence of the original post in this thread to appear in bold and it's repeated below:

This thread is meant to offer board members a concise page to keep track of all 2017 offseason moves.

What that means is it's a thread where we can check to learn about 2017 free agent signings by the Vikings and it's a place to discuss those signings after they've occurred. It's not a place to bicker to with Packer fans about potential signings, to discuss potential draft picks, etc.. Please, let's all respect HardcoreVikesfan's intentions when starting the thread and stay on topic from this point forward.

Thank you.
Thank you Jim :beerock:
Could maybe clean up the other free agency topic too :whistle:

Lacy is supposed to visiting Winter Park this weekend.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Rhodes Closed wrote:As much as I love watching people arguing over petty statistics, I wanna know who we lose and who we sign. So if you guys could stop arguing in this thread (preferably stop entirely), that would be nice.

I heard we lost Cap. Can someone actually prove it? It would be pretty sad if we did.
From the sound of things I think Captain wanted to go back to Panthers.

ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk
4h
Jaguars expected to sign Audie Cole,

@mattvensel
1h
So CP84 visited Bears and Redskins with one to Oakland planned, too. twitter.com/adamschefter/s…
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, FA

FA WR Cordarrelle Patterson met with the Chicago Bears today - leaving without a contract.

Patterson met with Washington yesterday. Patterson will meet with the Oakland Raiders tomorrow.

Meanwhile, KTSP's Darren Wolfson is speculating that the Minnesota Vikings have low-to-no interest in retaining the All Pro KR.

Source(s): Adam Schefter, Darren Wolfson - Twitter
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, FA

FA WR Cordarrelle Patterson met with the Chicago Bears today - leaving without a contract.

Patterson met with Washington yesterday. Patterson will meet with the Oakland Raiders tomorrow.

Meanwhile, KTSP's Darren Wolfson is speculating that the Minnesota Vikings have low-to-no interest in retaining the All Pro KR.

Source(s): Adam Schefter, Darren Wolfson - Twitter
Why would they not try to keep CP84? He is one of the few players we have who can make plays.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Why would they not try to keep CP84? He is one of the few players we have who can make plays.
Free agents nearly always get payed at the very least, a little more then they deserve, and the Vikings probably would rather find a guy who can actually play WR well then resign him.

I think you can only put so much value on kickoff returns and stuff.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Free agents nearly always get payed at the very least, a little more then they deserve, and the Vikings probably would rather find a guy who can actually play WR well then resign him.

I think you can only put so much value on kickoff returns and stuff.

True but Patterson did more this year; however, he also admitted to poor effort for several
seasons and he basically ignored the help Zimmer was trying to give him for a few seasons.

I am guessing that figures in heavy with Zimmer and the powers that be.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Patterson has came out and said he wants to return and said "so what are we going to do Rick?" This will be interesting
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I think maybe that McKinnon can do the KR duties. The PR has been Sherels. So in reality, we would be losing a WR that has been inconsistent but a KR that can be special. Can McKinnon be special back there ?
Being as we lost CJ, CP84 is looking to leave, maybe they are fine with going in with Treadwell, Wright, Diggs, Thielen
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Patterson has came out and said he wants to return and said "so what are we going to do Rick?" This will be interesting
Nice.... But do we have other options ?
Up to Spielman now...
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote:I think maybe that McKinnon can do the KR duties. The PR has been Sherels. So in reality, we would be losing a WR that has been inconsistent but a KR that can be special. Can McKinnon be special back there ?
Being as we lost CJ, CP84 is looking to leave, maybe they are fine with going in with Treadwell, Wright, Diggs, Thielen
Yeah I've suggested before getting Jet back there
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote: Nice.... But do we have other options ?
Up to Spielman now...
I'd much rather have CP than Michael fricken Floyd who we were rumored to be interested in. My guess is, CP wants more money than he's worth. He's been on 3 visits and hasn't signed. Maybe he'll take a hometown discount
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I'd much rather have CP than Michael fricken Floyd who we were rumored to be interested in. My guess is, CP wants more money than he's worth. He's been on 3 visits and hasn't signed. Maybe he'll take a hometown discount
Again, he is the only offensive player who consistently made plays last year (well Thielen I guess). McKinnon was hurt, Diggs was hurt, and I think he is an important piece to the Vikings puzzle.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018