2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

Post by halfgiz »

@DailyNorseman
5m
Wasn't that long ago that Remmers was on the Vikings' practice squad. Curious to see the numbers on this one. twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/s…

@MikeGarafolo

Vikings wrapping up a deal with OT Mike Remmers, source says. Expectation is it's done today.
1:08 PM - 10 Mar 2017
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

halfgiz wrote:@DailyNorseman
5m
Wasn't that long ago that Remmers was on the Vikings' practice squad. Curious to see the numbers on this one. twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/s…

@MikeGarafolo

Vikings wrapping up a deal with OT Mike Remmers, source says. Expectation is it's done today.
1:08 PM - 10 Mar 2017

$30 million????
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingPaul73 wrote:http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/03/1 ... -contract/

5 years $30 million
Did you ever hear what Reiff signed for?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Jordysghost wrote: You call him fat because he had one season where he was overweight? His average was 4.1 ypc that season regardless.

Lol, at comparing him to Asiata, he is closer to being Adrian Peterson then he is to being Matt Asiata.

That said, I understand wanting to test the RB draft class, that is probably the only reason a guy like him isn't signed yet.
I didn't compare him to Asiata, I said he was an upgrade. Would he not fill the role that Asiata presently has? It should be pretty clear why I'm trying to put the two together.

And lol @ you for comparing him to Adrian. AD will be in the hall of fame one day, Lacy will be there too, but with a box of donuts and paying general admission.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote: I didn't compare him to Asiata, I said he was an upgrade. Would he not fill the role that Asiata presently has? It should be pretty clear why I'm trying to put the two together.

And lol @ you for comparing him to Adrian. AD will be in the hall of fame one day, Lacy will be there too, but with a box of donuts and paying general admission.
Your right, I had no business comparing the two.

Ads 1.9 ypc last year was pathetic, truly not worthy of being mentioned with a monster like Lacy. :whistle:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

VikingPaul73 wrote:
$30 million????
The G money will be about half of that. $30 mil is just agent speak.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

As much as I love watching people arguing over petty statistics, I wanna know who we lose and who we sign. So if you guys could stop arguing in this thread (preferably stop entirely), that would be nice.

I heard we lost Cap. Can someone actually prove it? It would be pretty sad if we did.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Rhodes Closed wrote:As much as I love watching people arguing over petty statistics, I wanna know who we lose and who we sign. So if you guys could stop arguing in this thread (preferably stop entirely), that would be nice.

I heard we lost Cap. Can someone actually prove it? It would be pretty sad if we did.
He's gone. Went back to Carolina.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: :roll: find yourself a pillow and go to bed dude. You'll do everyone a favor
Yea, Maker forbid I post stats that cause issues for your rhetoric.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Thanks for derailing this thread. I wanted this thread to simply be about FREE AGENCY. Not juvenile debates about Joe Mixon and Eddie Lacy. Mods, please get this debate out of this thread.

Anyway, OP thread has been updated with the following transactions:

Mike Remmers, OT, Vikings
Mike Remmers has agreed to terms with the Vikings on a five year, 30 million deal. At least 10 million will be gaurenteed.
Source: NFLN

Riley Reiff, OT, Vikings
Riley Reiff officially signed with the Vikings on a five year, 58 million dollar deal. At least 26 million will be guaranteed.
Source: NFLN

Charles Johnson, WR, Panthers
Charles Johnson, formerly of the Vikings, has signed with the Carolina Panthers on a one year, 2.2 million dollar deal.

Captain Munnerlynn, CB, Panthers
Captain Munnerlynn, formerly of the Vikings, has signed with the Carolina Panthers on a four year, 21 miillion dollar deal. Eight million will be guaranteed
Source: ESPN
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

halfgiz wrote: Did you ever hear what Reiff signed for?
5 years $58million !!!

what are your thoughts on Reiff vs. Kalil??
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

VikingPaul73 wrote: what are your thoughts on Reiff vs. Kalil??
It can't be that hard to effectively replace an immobile trash can.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingPaul73 wrote: 5 years $58million !!!

what are your thoughts on Reiff vs. Kalil??
It's only $3 more mill total. Tackle contracts are insane right now. Reiff is the better tackle and more durable. I would love to see what this board would look like if we gave Kalil the contract Carolina did
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordy and PHP: knock off. Stop antagonizing each other before you both get temporarily banned. Trolling and name calling are off limits and you're both well aware of it.
I have to get to the post office before it closes. I'll delete the mess when I get back.

Edit: Okay, a bunch of posts have been deleted and frankly, I'm not pleased at having to waste my time doing it.