Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

VikingPaul73 wrote:I totally understand why AJ wouldn't come to the vikes. Why would an explosive big play deep threat come to a dink and dunk team with a 99% completion % as long as you get open within 3 yards and 0.3 seconds?????????

And why would the vikes want to sign AJ? I don't know but smart $$$ says internally they know Rick missed on yet another WR and they already know treadwell is a bust
You can't "already know Treadwell is a bust" when he barely gets any snaps and hasnt had a full offseason. That's ridiculous if they think like that.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote: And is a pretty obvious argument to make. Why did the Vikings go after a receiver? Because they needed a receiver. They have a bunch of mid level guys at the position.
"But they produced!". Yeah, and Jeffery would have produced more....
And where is the logic behind that?? He's played 1 full season in 5 years, been nailed with substance abuse and has had 2 1,000 yard seasons in 5 years. "Mid level guys" wouldnt be practically at 1000 yards each by seasons end. Not sure why 903 yards and 967 yards all of the sudden count as "mid-level". Why? Because it's a 3 digit and not a 4 digit number? They were a combined 130 yards away from both being 1000 yard WRs. How many teams had 2 1,000 yard WRs last year?? But yeah, we have mid-level guys :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

CbusVikesFan wrote:If the Vikings did try to sign AJ he would have immediately been the best threat on the Vikings. Not necessarily the best receiver, but the best threat. Who gives a crap about Treadwell, if he woulda, coulda, shoulda been on the field the Vikings would have had him out there. Who else drafts wr's in the first round that don't produce for whatever reason?
Bradford throwing to Jeffrey, Diggs, Rudy, and Thielen? Not a bad idea. Beefing up the line and finding a decent RB? Vikings could be very dangerous on offense with some smart moves.
So Jeffrey signed in Philly. Don't let the screen door hit ya. Either way, Vikings are moving forward.
Uh I care about Treadwell since we took him in the first round. Guys ahead of him produced. What are we going to do?? Bench Adam Thielen just so we can play a first round pick?? My goodness. Are guys just oblivious to this?? It's not like there was no production at the position and he still couldn't get on the field. I've said this time and time again, guys whined and cried about Waynes last year for the same reasons. WR is one of the hardest positions to learn. No less our OC was gone mid season. Cut the guy a break and give him a shot.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: How many teams had 2 1,000 yard WRs last year?? But yeah, we have mid-level guys :roll:
How many didn't have any?
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Bench Adam Thielen just so we can play a first round pick?? quote]

Of course not, Adam Thielen was the number two WR, Laqoun Treadwell, had one catch, I can only imagine that he was lower on the depth chart then third. :lol:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Jordysghost wrote:
How many didn't have any?
Dude it was 40 fricken yards for Thielen. And 97 for Diggs who was out 3 games. And still caught 84 balls. Would've probably hit 100 catches too.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Dude it was 40 fricken yards for Thielen. And 97 for Diggs who was out 3 games. And still caught 84 balls. Would've probably hit 100 catches too.
Your team had the 17th most receiving yards in the NFL.

You could do well to add another downfield receiver, I wouldn't fret on Alshon, there are other options, but calling it a day on your WRs would be not the brightest, especially with Patterson leaving.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Jordysghost wrote: Your team had the 17th most receiving yards in the NFL.

You could do well to add another downfield receiver, I wouldn't fret on Alshon, there are other options, but calling it a day on your WRs would be not the brightest, especially with Patterson leaving.
I never said we needed to call it a day. But we also don't need to pay a guy that hasnt produced in two years $15 mill a year. Clearly we need to add depth at the position but we don't need to break the bank for a guy. And that stat you provided also means nothing when I'm talking about our TWO WR's. A team receiving stat factors in all receiving when it comes to WR's, TE's, RB's. There are teams out there that had very good receiving RBs that boost that stat up. But thanks there Stevie Stats for providing that unnecessary information.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I never said we needed to call it a day. But we also don't need to pay a guy that hasnt produced in two years $15 mill a year. Clearly we need to add depth at the position but we don't need to break the bank for a guy.
He has produced, rather well I might add.

He had 800+ yards last season in 12 games, and 800+ yards the season prior in 9 games. I understand being weary of his injuries of course, but production wise he has still been rather good, even in his worst year last year.

I think the Vikes probably offered him a reasonable priced 3 year contract, maybe a bit much but probably not full on "Break the bank" stratosphere.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I never said we needed to call it a day. But we also don't need to pay a guy that hasnt produced in two years $15 mill a year. Clearly we need to add depth at the position but we don't need to break the bank for a guy. And that stat you provided also means nothing when I'm talking about our TWO WR's. A team receiving stat factors in all receiving when it comes to WR's, TE's, RB's. There are teams out there that had very good receiving RBs that boost that stat up. But thanks there Stevie Stats for providing that unnecessary information.
Yea, stats are always unnecessary information to you, especially when they don't align with your angle. :thumbsup:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Jordysghost wrote: He has produced, rather well I might add.

He had 800+ yards last season in 12 games, and 800+ yards the season prior in 9 games. I understand being weary of his injuries of course, but production wise he has still been rather good, even in his worst year last year.

I think the Vikes probably offered him a reasonable priced 3 year contract, maybe a bit much but probably not full on "Break the bank" stratosphere.
You're hooked on this game by game stat. How about playing a whole season and producing?? Something neither guy you have talked about tonight has done in two years. Joe Blow could put up good 10 game statistics but that doesnt help us get to the next level. No less is a waste of money if you're paying them $15 million a year for ~10 games. Neither player you have talked about tonight have been relevant since 2014. I want durable guys that don't have recurrent injuries, get nabbed by the NFL for substance abuse, etc. Which is why I have said, neither are worth big contracts. I've seen enough injuries in the past year.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Like really, in regards to the merits of your WR core, you call receiving yards "Unnessecary information".

This is incredible.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: You're hooked on this game by game stat. How about playing a whole season and producing?? Something neither guy you have talked about tonight has done in two years. Joe Blow could put up good 10 game statistics but that doesnt help us get to the next level. No less is a waste of money if you're paying them $15 million a year for ~10 games. Neither player you have talked about tonight have been relevant since 2014. I want durable guys that don't have recurrent injuries, get nabbed by the NFL for substance abuse, etc. Which is why I have said, neither are worth big contracts. I've seen enough injuries in the past year.
I misunderstood you PHP in my previous post here, my bad.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Jordysghost wrote: What "Game by game" stat did I refer to? I only brought up his season yardage totals and the amount of games he played in, which are quite impressive.
You're referring to statistics in a smaller sample size. Yeah sweet, Jeffery had 800 yards in 12 games.....how about playing a whole season the past two years. That would be nice....and helpful. If I'm in a front office I'm not signing a guy that can give me 9-12 games. And thats what these guys have done the past two seasons.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: You're referring to statistics in a smaller sample size. Yeah sweet, Jeffery had 800 yards in 12 games.....how about playing a whole season the past two years. That would be nice....and helpful. If I'm in a front office I'm not signing a guy that can give me 9-12 games. And thats what these guys have done the past two seasons.
With Jeffrey, I think that may be a valid concern, but you cant just look at any guy who had an injury of some sort the prior season and write them off as injury prone.