Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles

Post by Jordysghost »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Adam Thielen will be every bit the receiver your precious Jordy Nelson is.
Lmao yea, and Ty Montgomery is going to make Adrian Peterson and afterthought, you'll see!
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Jordysghost wrote: Lmao yea, and Ty Montgomery is going to make Adrian Peterson and afterthought, you'll see!
God, you're just like every Puker fan -- an arrogant tool.

Laugh all you want. But Adam Thielen IS Jordy Nelson five or six years ago. He's the same type of receiver -- fast, tall, tough matchup, good route runner.

But why do I have to defend my position to you? Answer: I don't.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: God, you're just like every Puker fan -- an arrogant tool.

Laugh all you want. But Adam Thielen IS Jordy Nelson five or six years ago. He's the same type of receiver -- fast, tall, tough matchup, good route runner.

But why do I have to defend my position to you? Answer: I don't.
And Montgomery really is the next AD, no really! Strong, fast, good burst, elusive, you'll see! You'll all see!
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I totally understand why AJ wouldn't come to the vikes. Why would an explosive big play deep threat come to a dink and dunk team with a 99% completion % as long as you get open within 3 yards and 0.3 seconds?????????

And why would the vikes want to sign AJ? I don't know but smart $$$ says internally they know Rick missed on yet another WR and they already know treadwell is a bust
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

My jordy posts are blocked but I can see that he's been posting feverishly

To those responding to and encouraging the troll ....... Just foe him, trust me you will be happy you did..
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

JESUS CHRIST STOP CLOGGING UP THE BOARD WITH YOUR IDIOTIC ARGUMENTS. :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote:JESUS CHRIST STOP CLOGGING UP THE BOARD WITH YOUR IDIOTIC ARGUMENTS. :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:
I mean, the argument had everything to do with the thread subject though.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Jordysghost wrote: I mean, the argument had everything to do with the thread subject though.
And is a pretty obvious argument to make. Why did the Vikings go after a receiver? Because they needed a receiver. They have a bunch of mid level guys at the position.
"But they produced!". Yeah, and Jeffery would have produced more....
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Viking offense is no where near what the Green Bay offense is, the routes they run are much farther downfield , Rodgers has at least two seconds more or better protection on average. other than the quick slant, Rodgers will look off receivers where as Bradford is lucky to wait for his first read to clear, Alshon does not fit what the Vikings O line can deliver.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Husker Vike wrote:Viking offense is no where near what the Green Bay offense is, the routes they run are much farther downfield , Rodgers has at least two seconds more or better protection on average. other than the quick slant, Rodgers will look off receivers where as Bradford is lucky to wait for his first read to clear, Alshon does not fit what the Vikings O line can deliver.
But the hope is to improve the O line, right?

At any rate, I don't agree, Alshon is a good WR in addition to a down field threat, he would fit just about any team, imo.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I will agree that Alshon is a big body ,win the jump ball WR, and would be an asset, also needs time to run routes as not really a fast twitch type of route runner and with the money he recieved, I think the price was too high.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I still think the vikings are making o-line top priority but maybe the vikings tried to get him cheap and Ashton was like "hellz naw despite my injuries Im worth more! I'm goin to the eagles how bout dah?"

Once they build up the line Vikings will own jordy's wack packers with that lame Martellus Bennet pickup.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Jordysghost wrote:And Montgomery really is the next AD, no really! Strong, fast, good burst, elusive, you'll see! You'll all see!
3-2-1 welcome to the foe list.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: 3-2-1 welcome to the foe list.
Lol, gosh I was just ribbing you bruh. You made a definitive statement that seemed a bit lofty so I wanted to make one too. I think Theilen is a great young talent, just so you know.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

If the Vikings did try to sign AJ he would have immediately been the best threat on the Vikings. Not necessarily the best receiver, but the best threat. Who gives a crap about Treadwell, if he woulda, coulda, shoulda been on the field the Vikings would have had him out there. Who else drafts wr's in the first round that don't produce for whatever reason?
Bradford throwing to Jeffrey, Diggs, Rudy, and Thielen? Not a bad idea. Beefing up the line and finding a decent RB? Vikings could be very dangerous on offense with some smart moves.
So Jeffrey signed in Philly. Don't let the screen door hit ya. Either way, Vikings are moving forward.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter