Rest of the season playoff thread.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote: Does cheese ferment into alcohol when it gets spoiled?
:lol:

I believe so!

Moonshine; the type that makes you whine about inconsequential things (like medical staff). Lunacy follows.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Poor Falcons wait almost twenty years
to set records for biggest comeback loss
in NFL and first over time loss
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

jackal wrote:Poor Falcons wait almost twenty years
to set records for biggest comeback loss
in NFL and first over time loss
I can't believe they dropped back to pass on the opponents 20 with an 8 point lead and 3 minutes left. They could have been up 11 with a little over 2 minutes left if they had run, run, run and kicked. What a bonehead play.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

IrishViking wrote:On a more serious Note, If Jordy sees this, I saw A LOT of posts on the Packer forums that want Ted Thompson gone. As a team that hasn't made it deep in the playoffs since 09 and only a couple times in 20 years its seems INSANE to me to want to fire a GM that regularly gets you to within a game of the Superbowl. You agree?
Hasn't made it deep since 09? (Facepalm)

Yes, anyone who doesn't recognize and appreciate what TT has accomplished knows extremely little about talent acquisition, cap space and the workings of building a consistently competitive NFL team.

There is a reason everyone wants to poach the Packers scouting.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote:That was the most satisfying game of the whole season. In an NFL which is set up to give every advantage to teams with top QBs, the better team won decisively. Its really embarassing that in 25 consecutive years with elite QB play the Packers have only managed 2 superbowls. They've probably been one of 5-8 teams with a legit chance to win for 25 years in a row and finished 2 for 25!
Favre was only elite for a small portion of his career.

Lol, you just said the Packers two SB wins in the last 20 seasons is embarrassing. Just lol. aside from the Pats, they have been easily the best team in the league over that span of time.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote:That was the most satisfying game of the whole season. In an NFL which is set up to give every advantage to teams with top QBs, the better team won decisively. Its really embarassing that in 25 consecutive years with elite QB play the Packers have only managed 2 superbowls. They've probably been one of 5-8 teams with a legit chance to win for 25 years in a row and finished 2 for 25!
You constantly complain about refs favoring the Packers, I constantly post a bevy of obvious incidents that proves this to be untrue, you reply to none of it and go complain in a different thread, what is the point Fiesta, you don't actually expect anyone to believe this is anything more then bitterness.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote:I'm firmly in the Brady over Rodgers camp now :whistle:
Which also puts you in the Bradshaw over Marino camp.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote: Which also puts you in the Bradshaw over Marino camp.
I couldn't say. I haven't watched them both play a significant amount of games ... maybe I would be in the Bradshaw camp. I've seen Rodgers and Brady play many, many games and I came to my conclusion based on that.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: I've seen Rodgers and Brady play many, many games and I came to my conclusion based on that.
That's hilarious.

The only thing that could possibly influence you to hold that decision is SB wins, everything else, the plays they make, are capable of making, raw ability, and most important, actual on field production, indicate that Rodgers is on a level that Brady simply isn't.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to be number 1 in history (Efficiency wise he is already is) in nearly every single passing statistic, he simply throws more TDs, significantly less ints, more yards, has a better completion pct, better passer rating, his TD to INT ratio is so far ahead of Brady its mind boggling.

He does all this while being significantly more mobile, making throws Brady or nearly any QB in history couldn't or hasnt made, and does it with a lesser team around him, and no cheating scandals.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing on the field that could make someone think Brady is even equal to Rodgers, nothing. He has SB wins, that is the beginning and the end to his argument. (Don't get me wrong, that is a pretty good argument) But in reality, he isn't that close to being on Rodgers level. (Everything I said about Rodgers in direct comparison to Brady can also be said about Marino and Bradshaw)

He is a great QB on a great team, Rodgers is the greatest to ever play the game though and that is the difference.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote:That's hilarious.

The only thing that could possibly influence you to hold that decision is SB wins, everything else, the plays they make, are capable of making, raw ability, and most important, actual on field production, indicate that Rodgers is on a level that Brady simply isn't.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to be number 1 in history (Efficiency wise he is already is) in nearly every single passing statistic, he simply throws more TDs, significantly less ints, more yards, has a better completion pct, better passer rating, his TD to INT ratio is so far ahead of Brady its mind boggling.

He does all this while being significantly more mobile, making throws Brady or nearly any QB in history couldn't or hasnt made, and does it with a lesser team around him, and no cheating scandals.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing on the field that could make someone think Brady is even equal to Rodgers, nothing. He has SB wins, that is the beginning and the end to his argument. (Don't get me wrong, that is a pretty good argument) But in reality, he isn't that close to being on Rodgers level. (Everything I said about Rodgers in direct comparison to Brady can also be said about Marino and Bradshaw)

He is a great QB on a great team, Rodgers is the greatest to ever play the game though and that is the difference.
Nope, Brady is better.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: Nope, Brady is better.
Being worse then someone at every facet and being better are mutually exclusive.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote:Being worse then someone at every facet and being better are mutually exclusive.
If he worse at every facet though?
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: If he worse at every facet though?
Brady? Yes. There not a single on field facet that Brady is better then Rodgers at, not statistically, physically, or otherwise.

If Bellichek had a button that could trade Rodgers for Brady, he would push it without a moments thought, he is to good of a coach not to. Even with age notwithstanding.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Jordysghost wrote: Brady? Yes. There not a single on field facet that Brady is better then Rodgers at, not statistically, physically, or otherwise.

If Bellichek had a button that could trade Rodgers for Brady, he would push it without a moments thought, he is to good of a coach not to. Even with age notwithstanding.

What about playoff wins and superbowl wins.