2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Megatron
Rookie

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Post by Megatron »

This thread seems more active so I'll re-post this here..

Lions fan here. Congrats on signing Reiff, I know you guys were really in need of a tackle.

Reiff is about as average as a tackle can possibly be. He can play either LT or RT, being perfectly average at both. He will have a few games that are slightly above average, and a few that are below average that might have some of you pulling your hair out. Where Reiff really struggles is with speed rushers. He isn't especially good in the run game.

Congrats again, and hopefully you guys didn't pay too much
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Free agent RB Eddie Lacy to visit Vikings
The Minnesota Vikings have their eyes on the running back market.

Former Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy will visit the Vikings within the next several days, according to his agency.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Megatron wrote:This thread seems more active so I'll re-post this here..

Lions fan here. Congrats on signing Reiff, I know you guys were really in need of a tackle.

Reiff is about as average as a tackle can possibly be. He can play either LT or RT, being perfectly average at both. He will have a few games that are slightly above average, and a few that are below average that might have some of you pulling your hair out. Where Reiff really struggles is with speed rushers. He isn't especially good in the run game.

Congrats again, and hopefully you guys didn't pay too much

Thanks. Your perspective is appreciated.

I had a feeling Reiff was the tackle the Vikes would target. They've seen enough of him over the years to have a clear idea of his game and as an average tackle, he's an upgrade for them!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Riley Reiff isnt too bad of a signing, hopefully he has the ability to improve. I dont know Ricks plans, but he lied. The OL is no priority at all. One year closer to Rick being out of the Vikings organization, and 1 more wasted year (at least thats what Im afraid of).

Has Boone ever played tackle for any time at all? Siriles? We are going to see a ton of that utterly worthless tackle, Clemens.

Is the Oline zone blocking this year?

Hopefully Rick has some good RB plans that DONT include AD, McKinnon, or Asista.

I will literally cry is the draft is as bad as last year, with no first rounder.

At least Rick got us a good QB. Not great, but good, with an arm that will still hold the safeties back a little. I expect Diggs and Theilen to have another big year.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I cant believe im saying this, but the ex Packer Lacy wouldnt be too bad of a guy to have to go along with our draft pick. Hes a decent pound the ball and make defenses pay. Too bad he played for the frigging Packers. Hes better then Asista and MCkinnon combined.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Russell Okung, OT, Los Angles Chargers

Josina Anderson of ESPN is reporting the Los Angles Chargers are signing OT Russell Okung to 4 year, $53 million deal.

Source: ESPN
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I know we are not linked to him in any way, shape, or form, but I would love to see Minnesota trade for Mychal Kendricks.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Vikings28
Starter

Post by Vikings28 »

Pretty disappointing day so far. Still a lot of work needed to be done on the OL. Whitworth would have been the perfect addition at that price.

As for the AD discussion, it says something when all of the reports out there are saying there's currently no market for him. All of those teams him and his dad have been openly flirting with? They're all saying, "no, thank you" right now. Jamaal Charles coming off multiple surgeries is reportedly getting more interest. AD is likely in for a rude awakening in the next few days. His dad says he hasn't felt appreciated by the Vikings but I doubt many teams are going to be lining up to pay an aging RB, who can't play on third down.
kyvikingsfan
Waterboy

Post by kyvikingsfan »

We better be using all that cap space for a couple good players. I would rather have Charles over Lacy, but at this point I'll take what I can get. It seems like we just don't want to spend big money, but unfortunately that's how works for anybody in the NFL not named the Patriots.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

kyvikingsfan wrote:We better be using all that cap space for a couple good players. I would rather have Charles over Lacy, but at this point I'll take what I can get. It seems like we just don't want to spend big money, but unfortunately that's how works for anybody in the NFL not named the Patriots.
Like I said, what is the point of not paying AD if we are not going to do anything. I get that $18 million is way too much, but what have we done with the extra money?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
James
Rookie

Post by James »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Like I said, what is the point of not paying AD if we are not going to do anything. I get that $18 million is way too much, but what have we done with the extra money?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It's not like they haven't been trying. Alshon Jeffery turned down a Multi year deal from us just to take a 1 year, 14 mill with Philly. We don't know how much the Vikings offered anyone but money isn't the only deciding factor for every free agent. A lot goes into a FA wanting to be with a team. They may feel they don't fit with the Vikings current scheme. Others may feel like those teams are in better position to win a championship. Some may not like the weather up here. A lot of factors play into it, so I wouldn't be so quick to say that the Vikings aren't trying to spend big money to get someone good. Look how much money the Browns have. They have enough money to get several top tier players but I bet they wont join just because it's Cleveland. Same with the Vikings. They probably just don't want to play here, no matter how much we throw at them.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

What does everyone think about Lacy visiting the Vikings? Seems crazy to me, and Packer fans are gonna be all over it "Vikings always take Packers scraps" blah blah
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Gee Kalil gone, Locke gone...who we going to b itch about now?? :lol:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

halfgiz wrote:Gee Kalil gone, Locke gone...who we going to b itch about now?? :lol:

Hello. It's me.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote: Image

Hello. It's me.
:lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri