2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Alaskan
Starter

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Post by Alaskan »

Mothman wrote: Are you sure that ship hasn't sailed? You seem a tad worked up. ;)

It's not as if the Vikes just missed out on the second coming of Anthony Muñoz. You've been insisting for months that Spielman and Zimmer know what they're doing. Why not give them a chance to put whatever plan they've formulated into action?
I agree. Let Zimmer and Spielman work there plan. The Blocking Schemes are going to be different than they have been for the past 3 years and they are going to look to add personal whom fit what they are trying to do in a cost effective manner. OL play league wide is an issue and A LOT of teams are going to be in play for these top teir guys......are they worth it....maybe.

There are several pieces to this puzzle of putting together a team. One being, they have a lot of money to hand out over the next few years to a lot of the young talent, if they want to keep them.....somewhere they need to get more out of less....cant pay everyone big money....doesn't work that way.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Mothman wrote: Are you sure that ship hasn't sailed? You seem a tad worked up. ;)

It's not as if the Vikes just missed out on the second coming of Anthony Muñoz. You've been insisting for months that Spielman and Zimmer know what they're doing. Why not give them a chance to put whatever plan they've formulated into action?
So let me get this straight.......PHP is attacking Rick and Jim is urging patience with the Vikings' FO with respect to OL?????

I gotta check to make sure someone didn't slip a roofie in my beer :ripple: :ripple: :ripple: :ripple:

:v):
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

VikingPaul73 wrote:So let me get this straight.......PHP is attacking Rick and Jim is urging patience with the Vikings' FO with respect to OL?????

I gotta check to make sure someone didn't slip a roofie in my beer :ripple: :ripple: :ripple: :ripple:

:v):
:lol:

Don't misunderstand me: I'm not implying there's a good plan or that I think this is all going to work out particularly well. I have very little confidence in Rick Spielman or Mike Zimmer when it comes to offense or the OL. I'm just saying PHP has been expressing such confidence so if he's truly confident these guys know what they're doing (as he's been saying for months), why not give them a chance to actually do it?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

:lol: Sorry guys I just really wanted Wagner. And it was rumored that we were looking at him and to see him fall in our own division really grinded my gears.

I do have a lot of confidence in Spielman and Zim. Maybe they are looking heavier in the draft. I have no clue.

Either way, I went against my own word and pulled my biggest no-no. And that was getting mad on the "First day of FA". So many fans do this every year and I always tell them to be patient and I clearly was not. I just really wanted Wagner. Durability, youth and protection is what we need on this line and Wagner was that IMO. There are other guys out there. Reiff is very durable. Just not the blocker Wagner is. Either way, I had a major freak out and I have now cooled down.

We can move on guys..... :lol: :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Looks like Kali is heading to the Panthers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... att-kalil/
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote::lol: Sorry guys I just really wanted Wagner. And it was rumored that we were looking at him and to see him fall in our own division really grinded my gears.

I do have a lot of confidence in Spielman and Zim. Maybe they are looking heavier in the draft. I have no clue.

Either way, I went against my own word and pulled my biggest no-no. And that was getting mad on the "First day of FA". So many fans do this every year and I always tell them to be patient and I clearly was not. I just really wanted Wagner. Durability, youth and protection is what we need on this line and Wagner was that IMO. There are other guys out there. Reiff is very durable. Just not the blocker Wagner is. Either way, I had a major freak out and I have now cooled down.

We can move on guys..... :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

halfgiz wrote:Looks like Kali is heading to the Panthers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... att-kalil/
They want all the Kalils!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Well it looks like we're down to Whitworth, Okung, Clady, Beachum and not sure after that. Let's hope we see some action
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

.....anddddd Whitworth is gone. Just signed with the Rams. It would be nice if we made something happen here soon before TJ Clemmings is manning the left side again
-Chazz Palminteri
Dakotavike
Starter

Post by Dakotavike »

At least Whitworth didn't end up in same division!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Dakotavike wrote:At least Whitworth didn't end up in same division!
Yeah we already had that happen once.....
-Chazz Palminteri
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

if we don't get a top FA Guard or tackle I'll consider Speilman a wasteoid. We're in serious need that Kalill is gone. We can't have a off line of cast off retreads which is what I think Speilman is thinking.
teddiem
Practice Squad

Post by teddiem »

Something has to give at this point - we re literally not in on anybody right now and we need OL help bad. We have some room let's please sign a legit T and can get a decent guard. After that fine roll with what we have.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

teddiem wrote:Something has to give at this point - we re literally not in on anybody right now and we need OL help bad. We have some room let's please sign a legit T and can get a decent guard. After that fine roll with what we have.
There are no legit tackles out there to sign. Couple legit guards but the way Spielman is, there isnt a chance in hell we sign any of them. Not too pleased about this. Not sure what he is saving all this precious money for
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

My guess is the Vikings are targeting Riley Reiff and perhaps a guard as well.