View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 SLAF 
Career Elite Player

Post SLAF
First time I've heard about this.

http://slafootball.com/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/26/ ... -football/

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:03 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post Re: SLAF
808vikingsfan wrote:

I like the idea. I still think there would be a market for football under some older rules. You could market it as hyper masculine and full of UFC brutality to drum up more support, but it would, in fact, be a much more interesting and strategic game than current NFL rules or college rules allow for.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:34 am
Site Admin

I'd like to see players coming out of high school have the option to move into leagues like this instead of having colleges basically being developmental leagues. Keep college teams and let the players that also want an education continue to go and play for those teams. Just allow the players to have the choice of focusing solely on football if that's what they want (many of them will anyway). Not only that, but those people could actually get paid fairly for putting their bodies on the line. Heck, maybe colleges would even go back to trying to be the best academic institution rather than the best sports institution.

I know that's an unpopular opinion with how NCAA ball is entrenched but it seems like a good compromise to me.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Cliff wrote:
I'd like to see players coming out of high school have the option to move into leagues like this instead of having colleges basically being developmental leagues. Keep college teams and let the players that also want an education continue to go and play for those teams. Just allow the players to have the choice of focusing solely on football if that's what they want (many of them will anyway). Not only that, but those people could actually get paid fairly for putting their bodies on the line. Heck, maybe colleges would even go back to trying to be the best academic institution rather than the best sports institution.

I know that's an unpopular opinion with how NCAA ball is entrenched but it seems like a good compromise to me.

I'd be in favor, but I think the moneyed interests would not go for it!

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:01 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

In Lincoln, Nebraska it is often said that the 'N' on the stadium stands for 'knowledge.'
College football is quite the racket.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:12 am
Defensive Tackle

Nunin wrote:
In Lincoln, Nebraska it is often said that the 'N' on the stadium stands for 'knowledge.'

:lol:

Quote:
College football is quite the racket.

It sure is...

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]