Trade Sharif Floyd?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Trade Sharif Floyd?

Post by DK Sweets »

Keep him.

I don't want him next year, but something tells me he plays really well in a contract year. Let somebody else overpay him next year and get the compensatory pick.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

halfgiz wrote:@mattvensel
As a deadline nears, it looks like Sharrif Floyd will be sticking around in 2017. strib.mn/2lcpq0S
6:49 AM - 1 Mar 2017
As deadline nears, it looks like Sharrif Floyd will be sticking with Vikings
According to a league source, if Floyd can’t pass a physical by March 9, then his contract's injury guarantee comes into play, locking him in at $6.8 million for 2017.
Star Tribune @StarTribune

Obviously we don't know the truth.....but on the surface it seems like Floyd has a good lawyer/agent and really knows how to milk the system. Wouldn't be shocked if he spends next year on IR and just collects his $6.8M
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

autobon7 wrote: Personally I would cut him if we couldn't find a trade partner. Would like to see more of Stephen anyway.
I disagree. We saw a lot of Stephen this year and he was pretty average. Floyd is a much better player.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I think I would still like to give him another shot this year but thats just me
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

VikingPaul73 wrote:
Obviously we don't know the truth.....but on the surface it seems like Floyd has a good lawyer/agent and really knows how to milk the system. Wouldn't be shocked if he spends next year on IR and just collects his $6.8M
He obviously has something more going on with his knee, that he is rehabbing. And I agree it sounds like he is working the system.