Draft Targets

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Draft Targets

Post by fiestavike »

Got a favorite prospect in the upcoming draft? If you have info, knowledge, opinion about a favorite player, or just want to post tidbits from whatever research you do pre-draft, share them here and enlighten us all!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Draft Targets

Post by IIsweet »

Haven't done a lot of research yet, but I really like Gallman from Clemson.
I also really like DT Carlos Watkins from Clemson. Just really want a disruptive, quick DT !!!
Really , I am a Iowa Hawkeyes fan, but Gallman could be a Robert Smith type.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Used to work for Iowa. Obviously, I am biased. Hope the Hawks are drafted high. There are a few players I have seen in the Big Ten I wouldn't mind on this team: Dan Feeny, Hardy Nickerson, Duane Smoot, James Conner (not Big Ten, but he played well against us), Anthony Walker, Jourdan Lewis, etc.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Used to work for Iowa. Obviously, I am biased. Hope the Hawks are drafted high. There are a few players I have seen in the Big Ten I wouldn't mind on this team: Dan Feeny, Hardy Nickerson, Duane Smoot, James Conner (not Big Ten, but he played well against us), Anthony Walker, Jourdan Lewis, etc.
I've been interested in learning more about Hardy Nickerson jr. I think Bryan Cox Jr. is also in this draft class, which is interesting.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

fiestavike wrote: I've been interested in learning more about Hardy Nickerson jr. I think Bryan Cox Jr. is also in this draft class, which is interesting.

As far as I have seen and heard, Nickerson is a tad undersized, but he would be a perfect Will backer for our team.

Hoping Desmond falls to us - I would pass up any offensive lineman for him. He is severely under-rated in this draft and it is sad.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

In following mock drafts I am starting to become more confident that we will get someone with our first pick that can start for us on the oline next year even if it means trading up a little bit to get the guy we like. I am really hoping Ryan Ramzcyk slides because of his hip injury and he is the guy. He played the whole year through the injury last year and was an absolute stud. If we can slot him in at LT sign one more starting olineman and stay healthy next year our oline will be light years better.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I am starting to think we will take a DT with our first pick to replace Floyd

I am hoping we take two or three OL before the end of the fourth round and shore up
our interior but we will see.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
LondonViking
Backup

Post by LondonViking »

My mini draft crushes this year....

Caleb Brantley DT (Florida) - Quick, Strong and very disruptive 3-tech. Could be a fit Floyd 2.0 as also has the short arm concern :whistle: here come the short arm pics :lol:

Samaje Perine RB (Oklahoma) - Everyone knows why but I am a historic Oklahoma RB fanboy :shock:

Blake Jarwin TE (Oklahoma St.) - Now this is a very late pick (7th) for me but I cannot help to like the guy. Great blocker and runs a good route also. Will need to get stronger for the NFL when blocking but has the potential to be a great rotational TE and solid roster player down the line. Might not ever set the world alight but will do his job well and be a consistent performer.

Other mentions Pat Elflein (C), Jarron Jones (DT as a late pick project player)
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

fiestavike wrote:Got a favorite prospect in the upcoming draft? If you have info, knowledge, opinion about a favorite player, or just want to post tidbits from whatever research you do pre-draft, share them here and enlighten us all!
I like the DT from Stanford, name escapes me right now. Jordan Allen? Reminds me a bit of KW. Pat Elflien as well. Throw in DeDe Westbrook and any other O-line prospect.
No way in Hades that we could land the DT unless they're mortgaging the future.
My apologies to Solomon Thomas, whose name I totally botched. And his position, I thought he was a DT not DE.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter