Chuck Foreman

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Chuck Foreman

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:So bit of a derailment but a funny story I just heard about kickers. We were in Arrowhead this past year (bro is a Chief's fan) and our tour guide was one of the players from the '69 Super Bowl team. He had some pretty awesome stories but one of the best was about a kicker they brought in from another country. He didn't know the rules so he asked one of the asst. coaches what he was supposed to do. The coach tells him, "You see those two goalposts? Kick the ball as far away from them as possible." So the guy starts shanking kicks left and right as far away from the goalposts as possible. Hank Stram walks over and is like, "What the hell are you doing? Kick another one." So the guy lines one up and blasts it FAR right into the bleachers. "That was good right?" Stram basically says, "get the hell off my field."

At this point someone tells Stram about the joke and the kicker has 1 ball left. Stram puts the ball on the 45 (can't remember exactly but far) and tells the kid to kick it THROUGH the goalposts. Bam. Nails it dead center and makes the team.
:lol: Great story.

I'm guessing it's a story about Hall of Fame kicker Jan Stenerud (who was from Norway). I think he joined the Chiefs in '67.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Chuck Foreman

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Stram used to say that he liked holding for kickers who were trying out for the team.

That way, he could FEEL their kicking power.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.