Chuck Foreman

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Chuck Foreman

Post by dkoby »

Just a note that I think Chuck Foreman should be re-evaluated for the hall of fame.
If the numbers that Terell Davis put up in his career are HOF worthy, than a very compelling case can be made for Foreman.
He had more total yards from scrimmage, more playoff games, very similar tds and played one year longer.
Honestly I'm not really convinced either are HOF worthy, but if the criteria fit than Foreman has an argument.
It's amazing that the guys who get gigs on TV can stay on people's minds and stay popular seem to have an advantage.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Chuck Foreman

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The criteria for HOF is absurd. Someone please explain to me why Gary Anderson is not in yet.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The criteria for HOF is absurd. Someone please explain to me why Gary Anderson is not in yet.

Same reason that Ray Guy didn't make the HoF until 2014.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

popularity contest. They let in too many Very very good Players who were not great.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Football and ESPECIALLY Baseball HOFs are so watered down by theis processs where every year there needs to be a group inducted to maintain press coverage, public interest , etc. Chuck was great and I loved watching him play, but that is a Vikings fans perspective. Is he a HOF member to someone living in LA, Miami, NY? I dont know. I DO no know that a lot of lesser players then him have gotten in so , yeah , I guess I do support him getting in.

On the other hand, it was a crime the way it took Cris Carter so long to get in....he is the Boss.

I want Chuck in and Fran to hand him the jacket......sigh.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The criteria for HOF is absurd. Someone please explain to me why Gary Anderson is not in yet.

"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

fiestavike wrote: 1998
Whatever.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Whatever.

I'm just saying, its the iconic moment of his career. Stinks to be a kicker, when making 40 in a row is overshadowed by one kick.

By the numbers he should be in.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Whatever.
He's a kicker. It's tough for kickers to get in at all.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: He's a kicker. It's tough for kickers to get in at all.
I know but 1998 is not going to prevent him from getting in.

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I know but 1998 is not going to prevent him from getting in.
I agree. My response was just intended as a reply to your question about why Gary Anderson is not in the HOF. :)
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I know but 1998 is not going to prevent him from getting in.

I think you asked why he's not in yet, and I think that's why.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

fiestavike wrote:
I think you asked why he's not in yet, and I think that's why.
Do you think he will get in?

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Do you think he will get in?

I think he's got a chance, but its tough as a kicker, and its tougher when your iconic moment (if you even have one) isn't a positive one. I think its kind of the situation with Jim "wrong way" Marshall. That's basically all an under 40 average NFL fan *might* even know/remember about him.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

So bit of a derailment but a funny story I just heard about kickers. We were in Arrowhead this past year (bro is a Chief's fan) and our tour guide was one of the players from the '69 Super Bowl team. He had some pretty awesome stories but one of the best was about a kicker they brought in from another country. He didn't know the rules so he asked one of the asst. coaches what he was supposed to do. The coach tells him, "You see those two goalposts? Kick the ball as far away from them as possible." So the guy starts shanking kicks left and right as far away from the goalposts as possible. Hank Stram walks over and is like, "What the hell are you doing? Kick another one." So the guy lines one up and blasts it FAR right into the bleachers. "That was good right?" Stram basically says, "get the hell off my field."

At this point someone tells Stram about the joke and the kicker has 1 ball left. Stram puts the ball on the 45 (can't remember exactly but far) and tells the kid to kick it THROUGH the goalposts. Bam. Nails it dead center and makes the team.