Diggs on Bradford

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

Diggs on Bradford

Post by RFIP »

Great guests on Sirius all week in Houston, Vermiel was on yesterday and he was outstanding yoo!

Tonight Stephan Diggs was there and he hopped on MTC with Kirwan and Jim Miller. it was crazy because all the other guest players, Miller and PK would make them go through the Super Bowl predicitons, break down the game, etc..THEN talk about their teams but as soon as DIggs sat down Kiran said; "Tell us about Sam! Sam Bradford, he saved your season from where I sit but I want your thoughts.." And Diggs blew me away!

First off, Diggs is a VERY well spoken, intelligent young man.He said; "Wow man, Sam is truly a great, great QB in every facet. His mind is amazing...he sees everything before it happens and he has complete control of a huddle like no one I've every been around and I know I haven't been in the pros long but this man, whew...he speaks and EVERYBODY listens..." Miller asked him something about Sam, I forget what it was but Diggs said; "everybody knows how accurate he is but his arm strength is amazing and he LOVES to show it off...he LOVES throwing the deep ball and he...I tell you what, his accuracy on deep balls is crazy...I mean he is crazy accurate...you aren't supposed to be able to throw THAT accurate that far down field but I tell you what, he is outstanding at it. We just have to be able to protect him better, add a run game and I have no doubt we will be a bounce back team next year and make a run...and you know the SB next year is in Minnesota right? You two can come to my house if we make it!"

It was just a great, refreshing interview and he could not have been more "pro-Sam" even when they asked him about Teddy he said 'there are a lot of similarities between Sam and Teddy...and they have their differences too..." which is when he started talking about Sam's deep ball ability.

Kirwan said he firmly believes Minnesota will jump right back in to the playoffs next year and "be in the hunt" from there.
losperros
Commissioner

Re: Diggs on Bradford

Post by losperros »

I'm impressed with Bradford. But once again it all comes down to the offensive line, which affects all of the skill players. It simply must improve.

Another porous OL will mean bad things for the Vikings as a team - again.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

losperros wrote:I'm impressed with Bradford. But once again it all comes down to the offensive line, which affects all of the skill players. It simply must improve.

Another porous OL will mean bad things for the Vikings as a team - again.
I still worry about Bradford staying healthy. He took a pretty good pounding last season.
I'm excited to see how much we can improve as a team in the offseason.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

halfgiz wrote: I still worry about Bradford staying healthy. He took a pretty good pounding last season.
I'm excited to see how much we can improve as a team in the offseason.
The guy is tough as nails. It was the same ACL (twice) that did him in but the dude can and has taken hits.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

RFIP wrote: The guy is tough as nails. It was the same ACL (twice) that did him in but the dude can and has taken hits.
Halfgiz is right. Nobody can take a continual pounding. Again, the offensive line must get better.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

RFIP wrote:Great guests on Sirius all week in Houston, Vermiel was on yesterday and he was outstanding yoo!

Tonight Stephan Diggs was there and he hopped on MTC with Kirwan and Jim Miller. it was crazy because all the other guest players, Miller and PK would make them go through the Super Bowl predicitons, break down the game, etc..THEN talk about their teams but as soon as DIggs sat down Kiran said; "Tell us about Sam! Sam Bradford, he saved your season from where I sit but I want your thoughts.." And Diggs blew me away!

First off, Diggs is a VERY well spoken, intelligent young man.He said; "Wow man, Sam is truly a great, great QB in every facet. His mind is amazing...he sees everything before it happens and he has complete control of a huddle like no one I've every been around and I know I haven't been in the pros long but this man, whew...he speaks and EVERYBODY listens..." Miller asked him something about Sam, I forget what it was but Diggs said; "everybody knows how accurate he is but his arm strength is amazing and he LOVES to show it off...he LOVES throwing the deep ball and he...I tell you what, his accuracy on deep balls is crazy...I mean he is crazy accurate...you aren't supposed to be able to throw THAT accurate that far down field but I tell you what, he is outstanding at it. We just have to be able to protect him better, add a run game and I have no doubt we will be a bounce back team next year and make a run...and you know the SB next year is in Minnesota right? You two can come to my house if we make it!"

It was just a great, refreshing interview and he could not have been more "pro-Sam" even when they asked him about Teddy he said 'there are a lot of similarities between Sam and Teddy...and they have their differences too..." which is when he started talking about Sam's deep ball ability.

Kirwan said he firmly believes Minnesota will jump right back in to the playoffs next year and "be in the hunt" from there.

Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed reading it. I always like moments where we fans get an inside glimpse into the heads of our players. Diggs is a sharp cat and quite articulate. I like his energy in interviews--he's got a fire in him. Bradford was pretty special this year.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Texas Vike wrote:
Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed reading it. I always like moments where we fans get an inside glimpse into the heads of our players. Diggs is a sharp cat and quite articulate. I like his energy in interviews--he's got a fire in him. Bradford was pretty special this year.
Thanks for the kind words.

Diggs also said he took some time off to de-compress but is starting up his workout regime soon. He came across so sure that the Vikings WILL bounce back. Man he had me so excited! Is it August yet???
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Texas Vike wrote:
OMG did you see Diggs on NFLN tonight?? LOL he said; "we call Teddy, Teddy 2 gloves but we call Sam, Sammy 2 sleeves! My man got those big ol sleeves!" Tremendous
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RFIP wrote:Great guests on Sirius all week in Houston, Vermiel was on yesterday and he was outstanding yoo!

What a great post. Thanks for this.

I can say this ... watching Sam live this year against Arizona, I came away very impressed. He had every bit the arm Carson Palmer had, and Diggs is right ... he throws it right on the money.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

rounds 2-7 better be offensive linemen. Then get some undrafted free agent offensive linemen. Then run them through a #### gauntlet in training camp and the preseason until you get a line that sticks and is under 24 years old
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Boon wrote:rounds 2-7 better be offensive linemen. Then get some undrafted free agent offensive linemen. Then run them through a #### gauntlet in training camp and the preseason until you get a line that sticks and is under 24 years old
I hear what you're saying. Anything less than a herculean attempt by the Vikings to fix their stumbling offensive line will be a major disappointment.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I dont feel optimistic about that. Spielman doesnt seem to have the acumen or interest in investing deeply in the OL......I hope he has learned his lesson after these years.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Boon wrote:rounds 2-7 better be offensive linemen. Then get some undrafted free agent offensive linemen. Then run them through a #### gauntlet in training camp and the preseason until you get a line that sticks and is under 24 years old
Unless this is hyperbole, you're setting yourself up for major disappointment. I'm pretty sure no team has ever drafted only a single position. I think 3 lineman is likely + or - 1 depending on where in the draft they start accumulating.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

chicagopurple wrote:I dont feel optimistic about that. Spielman doesnt seem to have the acumen or interest in investing deeply in the OL......I hope he has learned his lesson after these years.
I highly doubt they go into this year not addressing the OL so I'm not all that worried. Last year we had a lot of question marks still under contract like Loadholt, Sullivan and Fusco. Two of them are now gone and Fusco could be gone. If they let him go they save 3.2 mill. So if they cut Fusco and you think they won't invest in OL then I would definitely question that. That would potentially leave us with no RT, no LT and no RG. I mean it's pretty obvious they are going to address that. They aren't just going to leave those holes open to Zac Kevin, TJ Clemmings and Jeremiah Sirles. So that's why I'm not really worried. The question is who they will get. I would imagine they would make a push at Wagner or Zeitler if they hit FA. Which it looks like that could happen. They made a push for Osemele last year but the Raiders paid him 60 mill. I would take Boone any day at 28 mill so that was a good move on our part
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

S197 wrote: Unless this is hyperbole, you're setting yourself up for major disappointment. I'm pretty sure no team has ever drafted only a single position. I think 3 lineman is likely + or - 1 depending on where in the draft they start accumulating.
The OL will be addressed first and foremost in FA, then in the draft.

Trying to fix a bad OL by drafting 3+ guys in what is by all accounts a mediocre draft for OL is recipe for disaster.