Offensive staff has almost completely turned over in a year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Offensive staff has almost completely turned over in a y

Post by IIsweet »

VikingPaul73 wrote:disappointed to hear they are bringing back Sparano. not impressed with anything he's done with the OL
:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Mothman wrote:Vikings officially confirm Shurmur's return, reveal new offensive staff

Kevin Stefanski will coach the quarterbacks.
Kennedy Polamalu will coach the running backs.
Clancy Barone will replace Shurmur as TE coach.
Keep in mind that Clancy Barone was the offensive line coach for the Bronco's. Are they putting pressure on Sparano saying you better perform because we got your replacement in the waiting.

It sounds like Barone was liked in Denver.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Jordysghost wrote: Atlanta didnt take anything to a 'New level', unless you mean for themselves, which I see now that you might.

You are in the same division as GB, you should realize a high powered WCO is not unheard of, or solely dink and dunk.

In fact, GB is far closer to a traditional San Fran style wco then Atlanta, and yet I would say they go vertical nearly as much, more during other seasons.
Dude, you lost. Don't take it out on me.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Dude, you lost. Don't take it out on me.
They sure did! :lol:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote: They sure did! :lol:
I've been telling people ... nobody's beating Atlanta. That includes New England.

Packers had no chance. Totally outclassed.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I've been telling people ... nobody's beating Atlanta. That includes New England.

Packers had no chance. Totally outclassed.
It really does look like it could be their year.

The Patriots have a way of taking away a team's strength and making them win another way so it will be interesting to see if they can slow down Atlanta's attack. I'm not a betting man but even if I were, I wouldn't put a dime on this game.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote:It really does look like it could be their year.

The Patriots have a way of taking away a team's strength and making them win another way so it will be interesting to see if they can slow down Atlanta's attack. I'm not a betting man but even if I were, I wouldn't put a dime on this game.
Here's the sad thing.

I like Atlanta this year. Really do. Their offense is dream-worthy, and their defense is really coming on. They made life miserable for Rodgers & Company yesterday (OK, let's tell it like it is ... EMBARRASSED Rodgers & Company) which certainly doesn't hurt their standing in my book.

But if they win, it will yet again add to the list of teams that have won the Super Bowl, while we still haven't.

And now I need booze.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Here's the sad thing.

I like Atlanta this year. Really do. Their offense is dream-worthy, and their defense is really coming on. They made life miserable for Rodgers & Company yesterday (OK, let's tell it like it is ... EMBARRASSED Rodgers & Company) which certainly doesn't hurt their standing in my book.

But if they win, it will yet again add to the list of teams that have won the Super Bowl, while we still haven't.

And now I need booze.
... and it's barely 9 AM! :)

I know what you mean, a friend asked me this morning, earnestly, "When was the last time the Falcons were in the Super Bowl?"

When I reminded her she felt a little guilty.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: ... and it's barely 9 AM! :)

I know what you mean, a friend asked me this morning, earnestly, "When was the last time the Falcons were in the Super Bowl?"

When I reminded her she felt a little guilty.
Did you smack her, Jim? :-P
I want NE to win because of the reason Kapp mentioned above. Soon the Vikings will be the only team to not have won a SB.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I'm all for Atlanta. I'm not going to root for New England just because of some "list". I'm all about new teams being there and winning. I really wanted to see a KC vs Atlanta SB. I hate everything about New England
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

halfgiz wrote: Keep in mind that Clancy Barone was the offensive line coach for the Bronco's. Are they putting pressure on Sparano saying you better perform because we got your replacement in the waiting.

It sounds like Barone was liked in Denver.

don't think so. what is sparano supposed to do, coach harder?
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

slapnut19 wrote:don't think so. what is sparano supposed to do, coach harder?
He has to be the coachiest coach coaching there. He has to coach so hard coaches coaching other coachables say "wow, coach is coaching like no coach has coached before."

coach looks wrong if you type it a dozen times in a paragraph.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

'Kind of refreshing': Mike Zimmer elaborates on Vikings' coaching changes on offense
The Vikings offense will undergo another makeover during Shurmur’s first offseason at the helm along with another influx of ideas Zimmer sought through experienced assistants in Barone, a former offensive line coach, and Polamalu.

Zimmer called the changes “kind of refreshing.”

“We’ve been doing a lot of things with the offense, sitting and going through the cutups in the mornings and I sit and go through the cutups with the defense in the afternoons,” Zimmer said. “And so we’re just starting at the beginning process, but you know it’s kind of refreshing to be with almost a new system now.”
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The fuse is burning now. If this doesn't work, and quick, Zimmer and Spielman will be out on their ####.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:The fuse is burning now. If this doesn't work, and quick, Zimmer and Spielman will be out on their ####.
"The fuse is burning now" is a great way to put it.