2017 Draft

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

2017 Draft

Post by Mothman »

Let's use this thread to talk about possibilities for the upcoming draft. Here's a place to start:

Top offensive tackle options slim in 'mediocre' draft class, says Mel Kiper Jr.
If the Vikings stand pat and don’t jump back into the first round, which is doable with five picks between rounds two and four, Kiper pinpointed a few potential second-round and third-round picks along the offensive line in Temple’s Dion Dawkins, Western Michigan’s Taylor Moton and Troy’s Antonio Garcia.

Moton started at both right tackle and right guard for Western Michigan under newly-hired Gophers head coach P.J. Fleck.

“I think those three Dawkins, Moton and Garcia would be in that second and third round area who could be really nice players,” Kiper said. “I think Moton’s versatility really is a plus and I thought Dawkins and Garcia graded out well.”
S197
Fenrir

Re: 2017 Draft

Post by S197 »

I didn't realize we have 5 picks. I knew we had 2 in the third but we also have 2 4ths?
cmoss84
Veteran

Re: 2017 Draft

Post by cmoss84 »

It seems pretty expensive to move into the 1st round...I can't say I would mind it, but I would rather have us trade up in the 2nd round and keep some of our other picks. I like the 35-45 range.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.