Rest of the season playoff thread.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.

Post by Texas Vike »

:lol:

Honestly, don't let the bitterness get you too bad tonight, Jordy. You're fortunate Erin didn't sustain a serious injury tonight the way he exposed himself to hits. As long as you have him, your team has a fighting chance to at least compete in the North.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote::lol:

Honestly, don't let the bitterness get you too bad tonight, Jordy. You're fortunate Erin didn't sustain a serious injury tonight the way he exposed himself to hits. As long as you have him, your team has a fighting chance to at least compete in the North.
As long as we have him the North is practically ours you mean. And thats not trying to troll, but that is essentially the truth isn't it?

Still waiting on those calls if you ever want to back up your confirmation bias rationalization whining, I know you wont though.

Here ill even spot you one, Hail mary, ok two more. Chop chop.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote: If we were healthy, didnt have the flu, plane doesnt get delayed 3 hours, we win easily.

Our medical staff is the sole reason we arent a dynasty.
:lol: That's the funniest comment I've read here in a long time.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

If it wasn't for global warming, alien abductions at Roswell, Russian hackers, and mad cow disease the Packers definitely would have won today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:If it wasn't for global warming, alien abductions at Roswell, Russian hackers, and mad cow disease the Packers definitely would have won today.
:lol:
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Now Tom Bardy... THERES an ELITE QB. You put ANYTHING around him and he'll take it to the Superbowl. He is probably the ONLY QB in the league that can own a season or follow through on a promise to make it to the Bowl. Literally cant think of anyother footballer who comes close to dominating the game like Brady does.

Yessir, only QB in the Playoffs this year that doesnt need an elite team around him to elevate his play. Truly one of a kind.
Last edited by IrishViking on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

IrishViking wrote:Now Tom Bardy... THERES an ELITE QB. You put ANYTHING around him and he'll take it to the Superbowl. He is probably the ONLY QB in the league that can own a season or follow through on a promise to make it to the Bowl. Literally cant think of anyother footballer who comes close to dominate the game like Brady does.

Yessir, only QB in the Playoffs this year that doesnt need an elite team around him to elevate his play. Truly one of a kind.
Other way around. You put any competent smart QB in place of Brady and they win. New England is the total team package.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Raptorman wrote: Other way around. You put any competent smart QB in place of Brady and they win. New England is the total team package.

They're a complete team but I don't think just "any competent QB" is a substitute for Brady. The guy is a great QB.

I also think the subtext of IrishViking's post was to give Jordy a hard time about Rodgers and the Packers being eliminated today.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Jordysghost wrote:You can thank our medical staff for us not being a dynasty already.
If you truly believe that, you have a severe misunderstanding about the role of the sports medicine staff for a football team.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: If you truly believe that, you have a severe misunderstanding about the role of the sports medicine staff for a football team.

Pretty sure he was self medicating when he posted.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

That was the most satisfying game of the whole season. In an NFL which is set up to give every advantage to teams with top QBs, the better team won decisively. Its really embarassing that in 25 consecutive years with elite QB play the Packers have only managed 2 superbowls. They've probably been one of 5-8 teams with a legit chance to win for 25 years in a row and finished 2 for 25!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

Mothman wrote:
They're a complete team but I don't think just "any competent QB" is a substitute for Brady. The guy is a great QB.

I also think the subtext of IrishViking's post was to give Jordy a hard time about Rodgers and the Packers being eliminated today.

Yeah, that was all about Rodgers, who is a great QB but just wanted to ineffectually lash out at a currently better rival to make myself feel better for the season we had.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

On a more serious Note, If Jordy sees this, I saw A LOT of posts on the Packer forums that want Ted Thompson gone. As a team that hasn't made it deep in the playoffs since 09 and only a couple times in 20 years its seems INSANE to me to want to fire a GM that regularly gets you to within a game of the Superbowl. You agree?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'm firmly in the Brady over Rodgers camp now :whistle:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Texas Vike wrote:
Pretty sure he was self medicating when he posted.
Does cheese ferment into alcohol when it gets spoiled?