View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Rest of the season playoff thread. 
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
:lol:

Honestly, don't let the bitterness get you too bad tonight, Jordy. You're fortunate Erin didn't sustain a serious injury tonight the way he exposed himself to hits. As long as you have him, your team has a fighting chance to at least compete in the North.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:28 pm
Packers Suck

Texas Vike wrote:

Honestly, don't let the bitterness get you too bad tonight, Jordy. You're fortunate Erin didn't sustain a serious injury tonight the way he exposed himself to hits. As long as you have him, your team has a fighting chance to at least compete in the North.

As long as we have him the North is practically ours you mean. And thats not trying to troll, but that is essentially the truth isn't it?

Still waiting on those calls if you ever want to back up your confirmation bias rationalization whining, I know you wont though.

Here ill even spot you one, Hail mary, ok two more. Chop chop.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:32 pm
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
IrishViking wrote:
Rough outing by the Packers.

If we were healthy, didnt have the flu, plane doesnt get delayed 3 hours, we win easily.

Our medical staff is the sole reason we arent a dynasty.

:lol: That's the funniest comment I've read here in a long time.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:40 pm
Fenrir

If it wasn't for global warming, alien abductions at Roswell, Russian hackers, and mad cow disease the Packers definitely would have won today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:48 pm
Defensive Tackle

S197 wrote:
If it wasn't for global warming, alien abductions at Roswell, Russian hackers, and mad cow disease the Packers definitely would have won today.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:57 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Now Tom Bardy... THERES an ELITE QB. You put ANYTHING around him and he'll take it to the Superbowl. He is probably the ONLY QB in the league that can own a season or follow through on a promise to make it to the Bowl. Literally cant think of anyother footballer who comes close to dominating the game like Brady does.

Yessir, only QB in the Playoffs this year that doesnt need an elite team around him to elevate his play. Truly one of a kind.

Last edited by IrishViking on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:10 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

IrishViking wrote:
Now Tom Bardy... THERES an ELITE QB. You put ANYTHING around him and he'll take it to the Superbowl. He is probably the ONLY QB in the league that can own a season or follow through on a promise to make it to the Bowl. Literally cant think of anyother footballer who comes close to dominate the game like Brady does.

Yessir, only QB in the Playoffs this year that doesnt need an elite team around him to elevate his play. Truly one of a kind.

Other way around. You put any competent smart QB in place of Brady and they win. New England is the total team package.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:30 am
Defensive Tackle

Raptorman wrote:
IrishViking wrote:
Now Tom Bardy... THERES an ELITE QB. You put ANYTHING around him and he'll take it to the Superbowl. He is probably the ONLY QB in the league that can own a season or follow through on a promise to make it to the Bowl. Literally cant think of anyother footballer who comes close to dominate the game like Brady does.

Other way around. You put any competent smart QB in place of Brady and they win. New England is the total team package.

They're a complete team but I don't think just "any competent QB" is a substitute for Brady. The guy is a great QB.

I also think the subtext of IrishViking's post was to give Jordy a hard time about Rodgers and the Packers being eliminated today.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:32 am
Hall of Famer

Jordysghost wrote:
You can thank our medical staff for us not being a dynasty already.

If you truly believe that, you have a severe misunderstanding about the role of the sports medicine staff for a football team.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:56 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

If you truly believe that, you have a severe misunderstanding about the role of the sports medicine staff for a football team.

Pretty sure he was self medicating when he posted.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:36 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

That was the most satisfying game of the whole season. In an NFL which is set up to give every advantage to teams with top QBs, the better team won decisively. Its really embarassing that in 25 consecutive years with elite QB play the Packers have only managed 2 superbowls. They've probably been one of 5-8 teams with a legit chance to win for 25 years in a row and finished 2 for 25!

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:14 am
All Pro Elite Player

Mothman wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
IrishViking wrote:

They're a complete team but I don't think just "any competent QB" is a substitute for Brady. The guy is a great QB.

I also think the subtext of IrishViking's post was to give Jordy a hard time about Rodgers and the Packers being eliminated today.

Yeah, that was all about Rodgers, who is a great QB but just wanted to ineffectually lash out at a currently better rival to make myself feel better for the season we had.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:28 am
All Pro Elite Player

On a more serious Note, If Jordy sees this, I saw A LOT of posts on the Packer forums that want Ted Thompson gone. As a team that hasn't made it deep in the playoffs since 09 and only a couple times in 20 years its seems INSANE to me to want to fire a GM that regularly gets you to within a game of the Superbowl. You agree?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 am
Site Admin

I'm firmly in the Brady over Rodgers camp now :whistle:

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:31 pm
Fenrir

Texas Vike wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Pretty sure he was self medicating when he posted.

Does cheese ferment into alcohol when it gets spoiled?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:48 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

S197 wrote:
Does cheese ferment into alcohol when it gets spoiled?

I believe so!

Moonshine; the type that makes you whine about inconsequential things (like medical staff). Lunacy follows.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:10 pm
Strong Safety

Poor Falcons wait almost twenty years
to set records for biggest comeback loss
in NFL and first over time loss

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

jackal wrote:
Poor Falcons wait almost twenty years
to set records for biggest comeback loss
in NFL and first over time loss

I can't believe they dropped back to pass on the opponents 20 with an 8 point lead and 3 minutes left. They could have been up 11 with a little over 2 minutes left if they had run, run, run and kicked. What a bonehead play.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:38 am
Packers Suck

IrishViking wrote:
On a more serious Note, If Jordy sees this, I saw A LOT of posts on the Packer forums that want Ted Thompson gone. As a team that hasn't made it deep in the playoffs since 09 and only a couple times in 20 years its seems INSANE to me to want to fire a GM that regularly gets you to within a game of the Superbowl. You agree?

Hasn't made it deep since 09? (Facepalm)

Yes, anyone who doesn't recognize and appreciate what TT has accomplished knows extremely little about talent acquisition, cap space and the workings of building a consistently competitive NFL team.

There is a reason everyone wants to poach the Packers scouting.

Last edited by Jordysghost on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:01 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:
That was the most satisfying game of the whole season. In an NFL which is set up to give every advantage to teams with top QBs, the better team won decisively. Its really embarassing that in 25 consecutive years with elite QB play the Packers have only managed 2 superbowls. They've probably been one of 5-8 teams with a legit chance to win for 25 years in a row and finished 2 for 25!

Favre was only elite for a small portion of his career.

Lol, you just said the Packers two SB wins in the last 20 seasons is embarrassing. Just lol. aside from the Pats, they have been easily the best team in the league over that span of time.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:03 am
Packers Suck

fiestavike wrote:

You constantly complain about refs favoring the Packers, I constantly post a bevy of obvious incidents that proves this to be untrue, you reply to none of it and go complain in a different thread, what is the point Fiesta, you don't actually expect anyone to believe this is anything more then bitterness.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:06 am
Packers Suck

Cliff wrote:

Which also puts you in the Bradshaw over Marino camp.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:07 am
Site Admin

Jordysghost wrote:
Cliff wrote:

I couldn't say. I haven't watched them both play a significant amount of games ... maybe I would be in the Bradshaw camp. I've seen Rodgers and Brady play many, many games and I came to my conclusion based on that.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:26 am
Packers Suck

Cliff wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Cliff wrote:

I've seen Rodgers and Brady play many, many games and I came to my conclusion based on that.

That's hilarious.

The only thing that could possibly influence you to hold that decision is SB wins, everything else, the plays they make, are capable of making, raw ability, and most important, actual on field production, indicate that Rodgers is on a level that Brady simply isn't.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to be number 1 in history (Efficiency wise he is already is) in nearly every single passing statistic, he simply throws more TDs, significantly less ints, more yards, has a better completion pct, better passer rating, his TD to INT ratio is so far ahead of Brady its mind boggling.

He does all this while being significantly more mobile, making throws Brady or nearly any QB in history couldn't or hasnt made, and does it with a lesser team around him, and no cheating scandals.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing on the field that could make someone think Brady is even equal to Rodgers, nothing. He has SB wins, that is the beginning and the end to his argument. (Don't get me wrong, that is a pretty good argument) But in reality, he isn't that close to being on Rodgers level. (Everything I said about Rodgers in direct comparison to Brady can also be said about Marino and Bradshaw)

He is a great QB on a great team, Rodgers is the greatest to ever play the game though and that is the difference.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:38 am
Site Admin

Jordysghost wrote:
That's hilarious.

The only thing that could possibly influence you to hold that decision is SB wins, everything else, the plays they make, are capable of making, raw ability, and most important, actual on field production, indicate that Rodgers is on a level that Brady simply isn't.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to be number 1 in history (Efficiency wise he is already is) in nearly every single passing statistic, he simply throws more TDs, significantly less ints, more yards, has a better completion pct, better passer rating, his TD to INT ratio is so far ahead of Brady its mind boggling.

He does all this while being significantly more mobile, making throws Brady or nearly any QB in history couldn't or hasnt made, and does it with a lesser team around him, and no cheating scandals.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing on the field that could make someone think Brady is even equal to Rodgers, nothing. He has SB wins, that is the beginning and the end to his argument. (Don't get me wrong, that is a pretty good argument) But in reality, he isn't that close to being on Rodgers level. (Everything I said about Rodgers in direct comparison to Brady can also be said about Marino and Bradshaw)

He is a great QB on a great team, Rodgers is the greatest to ever play the game though and that is the difference.

Nope, Brady is better.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:27 am
Packers Suck

Cliff wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
That's hilarious.

Nope, Brady is better.

Being worse then someone at every facet and being better are mutually exclusive.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:53 am
Site Admin

Jordysghost wrote:
Being worse then someone at every facet and being better are mutually exclusive.

If he worse at every facet though?

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:29 am
Packers Suck

Cliff wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Brady? Yes. There not a single on field facet that Brady is better then Rodgers at, not statistically, physically, or otherwise.

If Bellichek had a button that could trade Rodgers for Brady, he would push it without a moments thought, he is to good of a coach not to. Even with age notwithstanding.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 am
All Pro Elite Player

Jordysghost wrote:
Cliff wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Brady? Yes. There not a single on field facet that Brady is better then Rodgers at, not statistically, physically, or otherwise.

If Bellichek had a button that could trade Rodgers for Brady, he would push it without a moments thought, he is to good of a coach not to. Even with age notwithstanding.

What about playoff wins and superbowl wins.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3