Rest of the season playoff thread.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: During that 8 game stretch he was matching Blaine Gabbert's stats so ... sure, by the end of the year he had done well enough to bring his numbers up, but during that window he was awful.

Anyway, it's not all about stats in the Brady vs. Rodgers debate. At any rate, setting the stats aside, it's hard to argue with Brady's results. Which one would I take in their prime? That's a tough decision as I realize some of Brady's success is that he's been on superior team to Rodgers on average.
Matching Gabberts stats in pff nonsense? Sure, I dont doubt it. In real stats though? No, not even close. During that window Rodgers was 22-7 td to int ratio with a rating in the 90s, clearly not awful.

Brady played for a legendary roster and had spygate and tuck rule to boot, yet his stats and on field production completely and utterly fail in comparison to Rodgers, its literally not even close.

There is no comparison, one guy literally does everything better then the other in every single facet and the stats reflect this with a vast statistical discrepancy. If Rodgers wins a couple more SBs, it will cease to be a debate, one might even do it.

Brady is not, nor has ever been, nor has any statistic in any way shape or form to suggest that he is even equal to Rodgers, not statistically, not physically, and in both areas, its not even close.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote:Matching Gabberts stats in pff nonsense? Sure, I dont doubt it. In real stats though? No, not even close. During that window Rodgers was 22-7 td to int ratio with a rating in the 90s, clearly not awful.
No. He had a lower completion percentage, less passing yards, nearly identical td/int ratio, and a worse passer rating. Perhaps we're talking about different stretches. I was talking about from the article;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs0DwWwW8AAaacb.jpg
Brady played for a legendary roster and had spygate and tuck rule to boot, yet his stats and on field production completely and utterly fail in comparison to Rodgers, its literally not even close.

There is no comparison, one guy literally does everything better then the other in every single facet and the stats reflect this with a vast statistical discrepancy. If Rodgers wins a couple more SBs, it will cease to be a debate, one might even do it.

Brady is not, nor has ever been, nor has any statistic in any way shape or form to suggest that he is even equal to Rodgers, not statistically, not physically, and in both areas, its not even close.
Rodgers is better in every statistical category except the most important - win/loss. They're both great QBs. I took issue with the idea that Rodgers only has slumps compared to himself.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: No. He had a lower completion percentage, less passing yards, nearly identical td/int ratio, and a worse passer rating. Perhaps we're talking about different stretches. I was talking about from the article;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs0DwWwW8AAaacb.jpg
Rodgers is better in every statistical category except the most important - win/loss.
True, as the Patriots are the only team in the league to have a better win pct then GB since McCarthy took over but again, Brady has the advantage of a better supporting cast (typically, I do think there have been exceptions) and I dont think anyone would argue that Bradshaw was as good as Marino, which is essentially the situation we have here, except Rodgerd has one so far, not none throughout a whole career.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Rodgers DOES only have slumps compared to himself, 2015 and 2016 are his slump years snd both were fantastic, the latter being a possible mvp season.

I have no doubt going off such insanely small sample sizes you could find periods worse that Brady has went through, logic dictates such a thing with their vast statistical discrepancy in mind.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Jordysghost wrote: You say "Throw that season out", and then apparently count it as one of his 'Slumps'. 3 of the past 4 years? Dont you mean two of the last 3?

Again, Brady's not more consistant aside from at throwing less TDs, yards, and more INTs, the "Slumps" you refer to are only slumps by Rodgers own standard, by Brady's standard, they are still very good seasons.

Even in this 'Slump' year, Rodgers just had a better season then Tom Brady has had since going 18-1.

Stats arent everything, but considering the vast, vast statistical discrepancy between them, and the fact that Brady has nearly always had as good, usually better a supporting cast, i'd say the stats are pretty hard to dispute in this comparison.
Two of the last three then. Semantics.

I'll admit that I watch Rodgers more than Brady given he's in the NFC North but even the talking heads have had those "what's wrong with Rodgers?" pieces. As Cliff points out, so have others. You realize I'm more or less agreeing with you right? I think when both are at the top of their game, Rodgers is the better QB.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Yea I do, sorry for not making it more apparent.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:I think Brady is more consistent, Rodgers can get into slumps as we saw this year and in the past. But at the risk of over inflating Jordy's head, when Rodgers is hot, I think he's the best in the game.
I think Brady always had a better surrounding cast. I'd take Rodgers over Brady any day of the week. With his arm and mobility, you can plug Rodgers in on any team and he will be successful. Brady is a system QB IMO. I'm not saying he's not good. He just fits Bill's system perfectly. As much as I like Cassel, I think he proved that anyone can be successful in that system. If you put Brady on the 2016 Vikings team, I don't think he'd survive. In fact, I don't think he'd come close to Bradford stats this year.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Today is the day, four teams left.

Packers over Falcons, Patriots over Steelers.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:Today is the day, four teams left.

Packers over Falcons, Patriots over Steelers.
I'm hoping for a Falcons/Pats Super Bowl which probably means we'll see the Steelers and Packers win today.

Hopefully, today's games will be entertaining!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I really dislike 3 of the 4 teams playing today, but it should be a good day for football. Only team I would love to see win is Atlanta, with about 3 seconds on the clock, with a winning FG. Almost make up for the way the Viking just fell apart this season.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Can't stand any of the 4 teams.

Weird but I'd like GB to represent the North well.

Looks like they're laying an egg today which is good to see too.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

#### #### all these injuries then gb gets the flu and the plane is delayed, absolutely #### ####.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

You can thank our medical staff for us not being a dynasty already.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Terrible pi calls on Gunter and Burnett. Why the #### would you favor trash organizations like the Cards abd the Falcons over us give us damn calls.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

That was not called a facemask.

Can you guys remember this next time you complain about the refs loving the Packers.