Rest of the season playoff thread.

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.

Post by Texas Vike »

Jordysghost wrote: Lol I bet your a Moss fan.

Oh, Wisconsin, when will you teach your students basic grammar like the difference between "your" and "you're"? The legacy of Scott Walker.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote:
Oh, Wisconsin, when will you teach your students basic grammar like the difference between "your" and "you're"? The legacy of Scott Walker.
Yea, must always remember to uphold the staunch formality of a sports message board. :lol:

I dont live in WI.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Jordysghost wrote:
Yea, must always remember to uphold the staunch formality of a sports message board. :lol:

I dont live in WI.
Staunch formality :lol:

You live in the Tower of Babel now, but I suspect you were born and raised in WI.

Anyways, Erin's dbaggery shouldn't squelch your fondness for him. He's a heck of a player. Similarly, the fact that Moss did some idiotic things didn't hinder me from being a fan.
Last edited by Texas Vike on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote: Staunch formality :lol:

You live in the tower of Babel now, but I suspect you were born and raised in WI.
Born, yea, though it doesnt feel like it. Raised? Hard to say, spent alot of time there but spent more time elsewhere.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: I'd take Brady any day.

I hate listening to Buck and Aikman fawn all over Rodgers. It gets tiresome.
I think Brady is more consistent, Rodgers can get into slumps as we saw this year and in the past. But at the risk of over inflating Jordy's head, when Rodgers is hot, I think he's the best in the game.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote: I think Brady is more consistent, Rodgers can get into slumps as we saw this year and in the past. But at the risk of over inflating Jordy's head, when Rodgers is hot, I think he's the best in the game.
Which isn't accurate.

Brady took 7 seasons as starter before ever eclipsing 30 tds, Rodgers took 2, Rodgers has thrown over 30 TDs in his career 7 times, Brady has done it 6.

Rodgers has thrown over 9 picks twice in his career, Brady nine times, 3 of them in dating back to 2009.

In 2009 he was 28-13 td to int ratio, in 2013 he was 25-11 td to int ratio, both of those seasons, are worse then Rodgers has ever had in his career. (2009 is nearly on par with Rodgers first year as starter)

Why weren't people talking about his 'Slumps' those years? Because he doesn't have to live up to Rodgers out of this world production like Rodgers does, he only has to live to Tom Brady production, which is lacking significantly in comparison in quite literally every statistic/facet.

All with a better supporting cast, imo. Im not sure how you can call somone more consistant when he simply averages less TDs and significantly more interceptions.

Btw, "In the past"? When has Rodgers ever had any sort of slump prior to 2015? He hasnt. Ever.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote:

Anyways, Erin's dbaggery shouldn't squelch your fondness for him. He's a heck of a player. Similarly, the fact that Moss did some idiotic things didn't hinder me from being a fan.
Not similarly. Moss was on a much higher level of d bag, you call Aaron a #### because you perceive him as 'Smug' or 'Arrogant'.

Moss is remembered as one of the games most legendary d bags because he was a crying little diva who walked off the field on his own team while a game was occuring.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Jordysghost wrote: Not similarly. Moss was on a much higher level of d bag, you call Aaron a #### because you perceive him as 'Smug' or 'Arrogant'.

Moss is remembered as one of the games most legendary d bags because he was a crying little diva who walked off the field on his own team while a game was occuring.

He does, indeed, come off as arrogant. But there's more than that. I don't think it's coincidental that he is on bad terms with his family.

You have always exaggerated Moss's weak points. His goal post wipe seems to have offended your very soul. :lol:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Texas Vike wrote:

You have always exaggerated Moss's weak points. His goal post wipe seems to have offended your very soul. :lol:
There is nothing to suggest that, your just using it as a lame insult.

There are a plethora of reasons to dislike Moss, him quitting on his own team being one of them.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Jordysghost wrote:Btw, "In the past"? When has Rodgers ever had any sort of slump prior to 2015? He hasnt. Ever.
Isn't 2015 in the past? He had a string of bad games in 2015 and 2016. He missed significant time in 2013 so throw that season out. That's 3 out of the last 4 years. I'm not going to go and dredge up anything before then. I think Brady is more consistent, stats aren't everything and its my opinion.

Tl;dr - Shutup Meg.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote: Isn't 2015 in the past? He had a string of bad games in 2015 and 2016. He missed significant time in 2013 so throw that season out. That's 3 out of the last 4 years. I'm not going to go and dredge up anything before then. I think Brady is more consistent, stats aren't everything and its my opinion.

Tl;dr - Shutup Meg.
You say "Throw that season out", and then apparently count it as one of his 'Slumps'. 3 of the past 4 years? Dont you mean two of the last 3?

Again, Brady's not more consistant aside from at throwing less TDs, yards, and more INTs, the "Slumps" you refer to are only slumps by Rodgers own standard, by Brady's standard, they are still very good seasons.

Even in this 'Slump' year, Rodgers just had a better season then Tom Brady has had since going 18-1.

Stats arent everything, but considering the vast, vast statistical discrepancy between them, and the fact that Brady has nearly always had as good, usually better a supporting cast, i'd say the stats are pretty hard to dispute in this comparison.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

You prove an interesting point on Rodgers, anyone else has his last two years and its great, but because Rodgers set his own bar so incredibly high, he is perceived as 'Slumping'. Literally not one other player in history would get as much #### for the years he just had.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote:You prove an interesting point on Ridgers, anyone else has his last two years and its great, but because Rodgers set his own bar so incredibly high, he is perceived as 'Slumping'. Literally not one other player in history would get as much #### for the years he just had.
It's not just perceived that way by Vikings fans.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2016/09/bad ... rs-gotten/
HOW BAD HAS AARON RODGERS GOTTEN?

How bad is Aaron Rodgers playing right now?

Brace yourself for this.

Pro Football Focus, which grades every play of every game, just gave Rodgers the worst single-game grade of his career. He earned a 33.0 for Sunday’s loss to the Minnesota Vikings. That falls into PFF’s “poor” categorization, which is also their lowest or worst categorization. On the season, Rodgers’ grade thus far is 42.6, also classified as poor.

Want to see something even more depressing?

Rodgers is playing quarterback at a similar level to the San Francisco 49ers’ Blaine Gabbert.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs0DwWwW8AAaacb.jpg
Seems like a slump to me. YMMV.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Cliff wrote: It's not just perceived that way by Vikings fans.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2016/09/bad ... rs-gotten/
Seems like a slump to me. YMMV.
I never said it was, thats the point, Rodgers set his own bar far too high.

Who cares about some pff nonsense? I prefer real stats, NFL statistics, and they seem to indicate that even in this "slump" year, Rodgers just put up as good a year as Brady has put up since he went 18-1. (With the possible and arguable exception of Bradys current year)

Why was Bradys 2013 not looked at as a super ultra mega slump? He had a 25-11 Td to int ratio and an 87.3 rating, Rodgers has never had a season that bad in his life, if 31-8 td to int ratio and a rating of 92.7 is a slump, then Brady has had multiple worse slumps in his career.

Point blank, its only a slump by Rodgers own standard, anyone else puts up those years and its a great/good year.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Jordysghost wrote:I never said it was, thats the point, Rodgers set his own bar far too high.

Who cares about some pff nonsense? I prefer real stats, NFL statistics, and they seem to indicate that even in this "slump" year, Rodgers just put up as good a year as Brady has put up since he went 18-1. (With the possible and arguable exception of Bradys current year)

Why was Bradys 2013 not looked at as a super ultra mega slump? He had a 25-11 Td to int ratio and an 87.3 rating, Rodgers has never had a season that bad in his life, if 31-8 td to int ratio and a rating of 92.7 is a slump, then Brady has had multiple worse slumps in his career.

Point blank, its only a slump by Rodgers own standard, anyone else puts up those years and its a great/good year.
During that 8 game stretch he was matching Blaine Gabbert's stats so ... sure, by the end of the year he had done well enough to bring his numbers up, but during that window he was awful.

Anyway, it's not all about stats in the Brady vs. Rodgers debate. Setting the stats aside, it's hard to argue with Brady's results. Which one would I take in their prime? That's a tough decision as I realize some of Brady's success is that he's been on superior team to Rodgers on average.