View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:32 pm



Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Rest of the season playoff thread. 
Author Message
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Rest of the season playoff thread.
All playoff talk goes here, individual threads.. na.

Good matchup today for both conferences, Ill take the Pack and the Chiefs.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:38 am
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10492
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Wow what a game. I didn't think Dallas would go all the way but thought they'd win today. A great o-line can only take you so far, their crap defense was bound to get exposed. Rodgers is the best QB in the game. I hate him.

Falcons and Pats in the SB.


Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:03 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
S197 wrote:
Wow what a game. I didn't think Dallas would go all the way but thought they'd win today. A great o-line can only take you so far, their crap defense was bound to get exposed. Rodgers is the best QB in the game. I hate him.


I'd take Brady any day.

I hate listening to Buck and Aikman fawn all over Rodgers. It gets tiresome.


Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:08 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:
Wow what a game. I didn't think Dallas would go all the way but thought they'd win today. A great o-line can only take you so far, their crap defense was bound to get exposed. Rodgers is the best QB in the game. I hate him.


I'd take Brady any day.

I hate listening to Buck and Aikman fawn all over Rodgers. It gets tiresome.


Which is completely silly. I think having every single statistic and contextual statistic pale vastly in comparison to another person and being better then that person are mutually exclusive. There is quite literally nothing that Brady does better then Rodgers not on the fiekd nor the stat sheet.

Not to mention, Rodgers habitually makes throws Brady couldnt even dream of, and he won the only game started between them.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Last edited by Jordysghost on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:33 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
S197 wrote:
Wow what a game. I didn't think Dallas would go all the way but thought they'd win today. A great o-line can only take you so far, their crap defense was bound to get exposed. Rodgers is the best QB in the game. I hate him.

Falcons and Pats in the SB.


Packers lost to the Falcons by 1 point, with Cobb, Cook, Montgomery, Randall, Rollins and Ryan all out.

Should be a great game.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Jordysghost wrote:
Which is completely silly. I think having every single statistic and contextual statistic pale vastly in comparison to another person and being better then that person are mutually exclusive. There is quite literally nothing that Brady does better then Rodgers not on the fiekd nor the stat sheet.


He's been a lot better at getting to and winning Super Bowls. :tongue:

If you think I'm going to bother arguing with you about this, you're out of your mind. I know you fall asleep dreaming of Aaron Rodgers and wake up by kissing his poster on your wall.


Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:57 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Which is completely silly. I think having every single statistic and contextual statistic pale vastly in comparison to another person and being better then that person are mutually exclusive. There is quite literally nothing that Brady does better then Rodgers not on the fiekd nor the stat sheet.


He's been a lot better at getting to and winning Super Bowls. :tongue:

If you think I'm going to bother arguing with you about this, you're out of your mind. I know you fall asleep dreaming of Aaron Rodgers and wake up by kissing his poster on your wall.


You do realize its a TEAM game right? And that the Cheatriots fielded one if the greatest rosters ever in the 2000s, right?

In any event, even with the cheating scandal/tuck rule nonsense, his playoff numbers and rating STILL pale in comparison to Rodgers, and thats alot of the reason Rodgers has as many SB wins as Brady since he the became starter.

You probably think Bradshaw is better then Marino. :wink:

No Rodgers poster, but I used to have a framed Favre poster as a kid. :thumbsup:

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:12 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Jordysghost wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Which is completely silly. I think having every single statistic and contextual statistic pale vastly in comparison to another person and being better then that person are mutually exclusive. There is quite literally nothing that Brady does better then Rodgers not on the fiekd nor the stat sheet.


He's been a lot better at getting to and winning Super Bowls. :tongue:

If you think I'm going to bother arguing with you about this, you're out of your mind. I know you fall asleep dreaming of Aaron Rodgers and wake up by kissing his poster on your wall.


You do realize its a TEAM game right? And that the Cheatriots fielded one if the greatest rosters ever in the 2000s, right?

In any event, even with the cheating scandal/tuck rule nonsense, his playoff numbers and rating STILL pale in comparison to Rodgers, and thats alot of the reason Rodgers has as many SB wins as Brady since he the became starter.


Like I said, I'm not going to argue about it.

Quote:
No Rodgers poster, but I used to have a framed Favre poster as a kid. :thumbsup:


But did you kiss it? ;)


Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:15 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Mothman wrote:

He's been a lot better at getting to and winning Super Bowls. :tongue:

If you think I'm going to bother arguing with you about this, you're out of your mind. I know you fall asleep dreaming of Aaron Rodgers and wake up by kissing his poster on your wall.


You do realize its a TEAM game right? And that the Cheatriots fielded one if the greatest rosters ever in the 2000s, right?

In any event, even with the cheating scandal/tuck rule nonsense, his playoff numbers and rating STILL pale in comparison to Rodgers, and thats alot of the reason Rodgers has as many SB wins as Brady since he the became starter.


Like I said, I'm not going to argue about it.

Quote:
No Rodgers poster, but I used to have a framed Favre poster as a kid. :thumbsup:


But did you kiss it? ;)

No I didnt imagine you would, not trying to force the issue my apologies.

Only when it helped us win.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
I hope this game is good, a close offensive game and a close defensive game would be a good weekend (or day) of football.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10492
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
6 FGs already. Totally opposite games today, which is good.


Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7194
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
only one game worth watching Falcons Vrs packers. Tired of the same teams every year. Sick of the pats, Steelers, packers, seahawks. Somebody makes some moves and get some new blood into the playoffs pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! If the falcons don't get in, I won't watch the superbowl. Was really hoping the Chiefs and Cowboys would go deep to make it new and interesting. Especially the Chiefs, 2nd favorite team


Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:36 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
I always want to see the Packers lose.

And yet, I have to admit, when they are playing I am much more likely to be interested in watching the game. That's because I have skin in the game--I cheer for their opponent with some serious intensity.

Rodgers is such a whiny little jerk. I love cheering against him. I agree with you, Moth, Buck is especially egregious in his excessive praise of Rodgers. It makes me want to puke.


Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:23 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Texas Vike wrote:
I always want to see the Packers lose.

And yet, I have to admit, when they are playing I am much more likely to be interested in watching the game. That's because I have skin in the game--I cheer for their opponent with some serious intensity.

Rodgers is such a whiny little jerk.


Lol I bet your a Moss fan.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:40 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:50 am
Posts: 79
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
We are just lucky Rodgers has had either a terrible o-line and/or a terrible defense for most of his career. If he had the supporting cast Brady has had it would be really depressing as a Vikings fan not having a chance in our division every year (just look at how the patriots have dominated the AFC East)

That being said Rodgers oline has been dominant this year and when you give him that much time he will pick anyone apart. Their defense and running game may be subpar but i think they beat Atlanta and will be playing the Steelers down in Houston.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk


Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:34 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Jordysghost wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
I always want to see the Packers lose.

And yet, I have to admit, when they are playing I am much more likely to be interested in watching the game. That's because I have skin in the game--I cheer for their opponent with some serious intensity.

Rodgers is such a whiny little jerk.


Lol I bet your a Moss fan.



Oh, Wisconsin, when will you teach your students basic grammar like the difference between "your" and "you're"? The legacy of Scott Walker.


Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Texas Vike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
I always want to see the Packers lose.

And yet, I have to admit, when they are playing I am much more likely to be interested in watching the game. That's because I have skin in the game--I cheer for their opponent with some serious intensity.

Rodgers is such a whiny little jerk.


Lol I bet your a Moss fan.



Oh, Wisconsin, when will you teach your students basic grammar like the difference between "your" and "you're"? The legacy of Scott Walker.


Yea, must always remember to uphold the staunch formality of a sports message board. :lol:

I dont live in WI.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:06 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Jordysghost wrote:

Yea, must always remember to uphold the staunch formality of a sports message board. :lol:

I dont live in WI.


Staunch formality :lol:

You live in the Tower of Babel now, but I suspect you were born and raised in WI.

Anyways, Erin's dbaggery shouldn't squelch your fondness for him. He's a heck of a player. Similarly, the fact that Moss did some idiotic things didn't hinder me from being a fan.


Last edited by Texas Vike on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:38 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Texas Vike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Yea, must always remember to uphold the staunch formality of a sports message board. :lol:

I dont live in WI.


Staunch formality :lol:

You live in the tower of Babel now, but I suspect you were born and raised in WI.


Born, yea, though it doesnt feel like it. Raised? Hard to say, spent alot of time there but spent more time elsewhere.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:47 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10492
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:
Wow what a game. I didn't think Dallas would go all the way but thought they'd win today. A great o-line can only take you so far, their crap defense was bound to get exposed. Rodgers is the best QB in the game. I hate him.


I'd take Brady any day.

I hate listening to Buck and Aikman fawn all over Rodgers. It gets tiresome.


I think Brady is more consistent, Rodgers can get into slumps as we saw this year and in the past. But at the risk of over inflating Jordy's head, when Rodgers is hot, I think he's the best in the game.


Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:31 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
S197 wrote:
Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:
Wow what a game. I didn't think Dallas would go all the way but thought they'd win today. A great o-line can only take you so far, their crap defense was bound to get exposed. Rodgers is the best QB in the game. I hate him.


I'd take Brady any day.

I hate listening to Buck and Aikman fawn all over Rodgers. It gets tiresome.


I think Brady is more consistent, Rodgers can get into slumps as we saw this year and in the past. But at the risk of over inflating Jordy's head, when Rodgers is hot, I think he's the best in the game.


Which isn't accurate.

Brady took 7 seasons as starter before ever eclipsing 30 tds, Rodgers took 2, Rodgers has thrown over 30 TDs in his career 7 times, Brady has done it 6.

Rodgers has thrown over 9 picks twice in his career, Brady nine times, 3 of them in dating back to 2009.

In 2009 he was 28-13 td to int ratio, in 2013 he was 25-11 td to int ratio, both of those seasons, are worse then Rodgers has ever had in his career. (2009 is nearly on par with Rodgers first year as starter)

Why weren't people talking about his 'Slumps' those years? Because he doesn't have to live up to Rodgers out of this world production like Rodgers does, he only has to live to Tom Brady production, which is lacking significantly in comparison in quite literally every statistic/facet.

All with a better supporting cast, imo. Im not sure how you can call somone more consistant when he simply averages less TDs and significantly more interceptions.

Btw, "In the past"? When has Rodgers ever had any sort of slump prior to 2015? He hasnt. Ever.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:39 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Texas Vike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Yea, must always remember to uphold the staunch formality of a sports message board. :lol:

I dont live in WI.




Anyways, Erin's dbaggery shouldn't squelch your fondness for him. He's a heck of a player. Similarly, the fact that Moss did some idiotic things didn't hinder me from being a fan.


Not similarly. Moss was on a much higher level of d bag, you call Aaron a #### because you perceive him as 'Smug' or 'Arrogant'.

Moss is remembered as one of the games most legendary d bags because he was a crying little diva who walked off the field on his own team while a game was occuring.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:45 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Jordysghost wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Yea, must always remember to uphold the staunch formality of a sports message board. :lol:

I dont live in WI.




Anyways, Erin's dbaggery shouldn't squelch your fondness for him. He's a heck of a player. Similarly, the fact that Moss did some idiotic things didn't hinder me from being a fan.


Not similarly. Moss was on a much higher level of d bag, you call Aaron a #### because you perceive him as 'Smug' or 'Arrogant'.

Moss is remembered as one of the games most legendary d bags because he was a crying little diva who walked off the field on his own team while a game was occuring.



He does, indeed, come off as arrogant. But there's more than that. I don't think it's coincidental that he is on bad terms with his family.

You have always exaggerated Moss's weak points. His goal post wipe seems to have offended your very soul. :lol:


Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Texas Vike wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:



Anyways, Erin's dbaggery shouldn't squelch your fondness for him. He's a heck of a player. Similarly, the fact that Moss did some idiotic things didn't hinder me from being a fan.


Not similarly. Moss was on a much higher level of d bag, you call Aaron a #### because you perceive him as 'Smug' or 'Arrogant'.

Moss is remembered as one of the games most legendary d bags because he was a crying little diva who walked off the field on his own team while a game was occuring.





You have always exaggerated Moss's weak points. His goal post wipe seems to have offended your very soul. :lol:


There is nothing to suggest that, your just using it as a lame insult.

There are a plethora of reasons to dislike Moss, him quitting on his own team being one of them.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:10 am
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10492
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Jordysghost wrote:
Btw, "In the past"? When has Rodgers ever had any sort of slump prior to 2015? He hasnt. Ever.


Isn't 2015 in the past? He had a string of bad games in 2015 and 2016. He missed significant time in 2013 so throw that season out. That's 3 out of the last 4 years. I'm not going to go and dredge up anything before then. I think Brady is more consistent, stats aren't everything and its my opinion.

Tl;dr - Shutup Meg.


Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:02 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
S197 wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Btw, "In the past"? When has Rodgers ever had any sort of slump prior to 2015? He hasnt. Ever.


Isn't 2015 in the past? He had a string of bad games in 2015 and 2016. He missed significant time in 2013 so throw that season out. That's 3 out of the last 4 years. I'm not going to go and dredge up anything before then. I think Brady is more consistent, stats aren't everything and its my opinion.

Tl;dr - Shutup Meg.


You say "Throw that season out", and then apparently count it as one of his 'Slumps'. 3 of the past 4 years? Dont you mean two of the last 3?

Again, Brady's not more consistant aside from at throwing less TDs, yards, and more INTs, the "Slumps" you refer to are only slumps by Rodgers own standard, by Brady's standard, they are still very good seasons.

Even in this 'Slump' year, Rodgers just had a better season then Tom Brady has had since going 18-1.

Stats arent everything, but considering the vast, vast statistical discrepancy between them, and the fact that Brady has nearly always had as good, usually better a supporting cast, i'd say the stats are pretty hard to dispute in this comparison.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
You prove an interesting point on Rodgers, anyone else has his last two years and its great, but because Rodgers set his own bar so incredibly high, he is perceived as 'Slumping'. Literally not one other player in history would get as much #### for the years he just had.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Last edited by Jordysghost on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7948
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Jordysghost wrote:
You prove an interesting point on Ridgers, anyone else has his last two years and its great, but because Rodgers set his own bar so incredibly high, he is perceived as 'Slumping'. Literally not one other player in history would get as much #### for the years he just had.


It's not just perceived that way by Vikings fans.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2016/09/bad ... rs-gotten/

Quote:
HOW BAD HAS AARON RODGERS GOTTEN?

How bad is Aaron Rodgers playing right now?

Brace yourself for this.

Pro Football Focus, which grades every play of every game, just gave Rodgers the worst single-game grade of his career. He earned a 33.0 for Sunday’s loss to the Minnesota Vikings. That falls into PFF’s “poor” categorization, which is also their lowest or worst categorization. On the season, Rodgers’ grade thus far is 42.6, also classified as poor.

Want to see something even more depressing?

Rodgers is playing quarterback at a similar level to the San Francisco 49ers’ Blaine Gabbert.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs0DwWwW8AAaacb.jpg


Seems like a slump to me. YMMV.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:06 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Cliff wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
You prove an interesting point on Ridgers, anyone else has his last two years and its great, but because Rodgers set his own bar so incredibly high, he is perceived as 'Slumping'. Literally not one other player in history would get as much #### for the years he just had.


It's not just perceived that way by Vikings fans.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2016/09/bad ... rs-gotten/

Quote:
HOW BAD HAS AARON RODGERS GOTTEN?

How bad is Aaron Rodgers playing right now?

Brace yourself for this.

Pro Football Focus, which grades every play of every game, just gave Rodgers the worst single-game grade of his career. He earned a 33.0 for Sunday’s loss to the Minnesota Vikings. That falls into PFF’s “poor” categorization, which is also their lowest or worst categorization. On the season, Rodgers’ grade thus far is 42.6, also classified as poor.

Want to see something even more depressing?

Rodgers is playing quarterback at a similar level to the San Francisco 49ers’ Blaine Gabbert.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cs0DwWwW8AAaacb.jpg


Seems like a slump to me. YMMV.


I never said it was, thats the point, Rodgers set his own bar far too high.

Who cares about some pff nonsense? I prefer real stats, NFL statistics, and they seem to indicate that even in this "slump" year, Rodgers just put up as good a year as Brady has put up since he went 18-1. (With the possible and arguable exception of Bradys current year)

Why was Bradys 2013 not looked at as a super ultra mega slump? He had a 25-11 Td to int ratio and an 87.3 rating, Rodgers has never had a season that bad in his life, if 31-8 td to int ratio and a rating of 92.7 is a slump, then Brady has had multiple worse slumps in his career.

Point blank, its only a slump by Rodgers own standard, anyone else puts up those years and its a great/good year.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:12 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7948
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Rest of the season playoff thread.
Jordysghost wrote:
I never said it was, thats the point, Rodgers set his own bar far too high.

Who cares about some pff nonsense? I prefer real stats, NFL statistics, and they seem to indicate that even in this "slump" year, Rodgers just put up as good a year as Brady has put up since he went 18-1. (With the possible and arguable exception of Bradys current year)

Why was Bradys 2013 not looked at as a super ultra mega slump? He had a 25-11 Td to int ratio and an 87.3 rating, Rodgers has never had a season that bad in his life, if 31-8 td to int ratio and a rating of 92.7 is a slump, then Brady has had multiple worse slumps in his career.

Point blank, its only a slump by Rodgers own standard, anyone else puts up those years and its a great/good year.


During that 8 game stretch he was matching Blaine Gabbert's stats so ... sure, by the end of the year he had done well enough to bring his numbers up, but during that window he was awful.

Anyway, it's not all about stats in the Brady vs. Rodgers debate. Setting the stats aside, it's hard to argue with Brady's results. Which one would I take in their prime? That's a tough decision as I realize some of Brady's success is that he's been on superior team to Rodgers on average.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.