Injury News

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

tmscr
Transition Player

Re: Injury News

Post by tmscr »

Peterson OUT today vs Packers. He shouldn't have played last week either. It was a desperation move that was never going to work. Fully understanding and appreciating all he's done to help the organization, its time for both parties to move on. Maybe he can go somewhere and flourish where there are more offensive weapons and maybe we can stop forcing him into games hoping he can carry the load himself again.

And I'm tired of the fumbles, to be honest.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

tmscr wrote:Peterson OUT today vs Packers. He shouldn't have played last week either. It was a desperation move that was never going to work. Fully understanding and appreciating all he's done to help the organization, its time for both parties to move on. Maybe he can go somewhere and flourish where there are more offensive weapons and maybe we can stop forcing him into games hoping he can carry the load himself again.

And I'm tired of the fumbles, to be honest.
Be fun to see Peterson and Bridgewater in Houston in a couple years, or see Teddy take over in AZ if he's able to recover, around the time Palmer and Arians are on their way out. Maybe reunite with Zimmer in the desert in 2018.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Be fun to see Peterson and Bridgewater in Houston in a couple years, or see Teddy take over in AZ if he's able to recover, around the time Palmer and Arians are on their way out. Maybe reunite with Zimmer in the desert in 2018.
Sorry but if im looking for a franchise QB im looking for better then TB.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Anyone know of pending surgeries? Just want to see where we ended the season in regards to health.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1848 ... -uncertain
Teddy Bridgewater's future with the Minnesota Vikings remains murky, as the quarterback recovers from a torn ACL and left knee dislocation.

Coach Mike Zimmer said Thursday there were still too many factors in Bridgewater's recovery to commit to a specific date for his return.

"He's doing well," Zimmer said, "but we don't know when he'll be back."
Bridgewater has not talked to reporters since his injury, and declined interview requests during the Vikings' final open locker room session of the season. The Vikings said on Sept. 9 that Bridgewater had a multiligament reconstruction of his left knee, but have not disclosed which ligaments Bridgewater needed repaired other than his ACL.
I've seen a fair amount of talk about how the Vikings will have a strong QB situation next year with Bradford as the starter and Bridgewater as the backup but honestly, I'm assuming Bridgewater won't be available for at least part of the season, if not all of it. I'm also going to assume his mobility will be considerably reduced even if he can play next season.

The Vikings should probably add backup QB to their list of needs this offseason.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I see your reasoning, but I do not think they can afford it. They'll have two starting QBs under contract. Adding a 3rd would really hit the cap hard. IMO, they'll need to gamble that Bradford can stay healthy with Heinecke as his backup until TB recovers.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:I see your reasoning, but I do not think they can afford it. They'll have two starting QBs under contract. Adding a 3rd would really hit the cap hard. IMO, they'll need to gamble that Bradford can stay healthy with Heinecke as his backup until TB recovers.
At worst a 3rd would probably cost them $2 million but they could simply draft a QB and it wouldn't be cost-prohibitive. I think they consider doing that anyway. I see little point in re-signing Hill and I think they should have 3 QBs.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: At worst a 3rd would probably cost them $2 million but they could simply draft a QB and it wouldn't be cost-prohibitive. I think they consider doing that anyway. I see little point in re-signing Hill and I think they should have 3 QBs.
Bradford has been in the league closing in on a decade. I'm not sure you need the seasoned vet as a backup with him as your QB. Draft a QB, stuff Teddy on IR, Bradford, Heinecke, Rookie QB will be the depth chart at the position next year.

Maybe Teddy will be back around the time Bradford goes down and lead the Vikings to a home superbowl game. That would be fun.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins