Sam Bradford season statistics

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

Re: Sam Bradford season statistics

Post by RFIP »

Mothman wrote: You're welcome. I figured you had just forgotten to post it. :)

It's a good article, by the way. Thielen's emergence was a genuine bright spot this year.

Yes and I figured it help answers PurpleMustReign question above too.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

RFIP wrote:
Yes and I figured it help answers PurpleMustReign question above too.
Thanks for the article!!! I sometimes think even with all of these stats, a player's performance is totally subjective. In the end, all that matters is W-L.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I've given up pointing out anything negative about Sam.

He can execute well when a play goes according to plan...he's top 15 in the world at that, I'll grant. I don't take that away from him. There's just a lot more to the position than that, and they are details that have a big impact on actually winning games, and especially winning high pressure big games. His tenure as Vikings QB will remind us a lot of the Denny Green years in the end. Get used to disappointment.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Jordysghost wrote: And im sure you've done whatever mental gymnastic nessecary to convince yourself that TB is better at those details.
Every QB has issues, Brady included. And Sam certainly has some things I'd like to see him improve on but he is a VERY good QB who will only get better and better IF he can stay in one place for a while.

I've made no bones about the fact that I've seen the dude make every throw since his first one at OU. That said, in the last 4 games of this season I see I a guy who is now COMPLETELY over the mental part of his ACL recovery and moving like he did as a rookie and his early days in STL. He's played on some of the worst roster in the past 30 years and yes he has not been to the playoffs yet so people knock him but his game is good enough to lead any god team to a Super Bowl. That said, if you are looking for a running QB you will never be a Bradford fan and I get that. To ME however, I like a guy who gets the ball consistently and accurately to his play-makers and #8 is that guy.

Here is early years Sam when he was a lot more mobile than he's been since the knee. Moves well inside the pocket, great vision, arm strength and of course the accuracy all over the field: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wIvl-OZ6M

A long-ball video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgZDeviWKc

Don't bother trying to identify most of his receivers in these videos becaus esave for Amendola the majority are out of the league.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Let's keep this thread on track.

Jordy, FiestaVike didn't even mention Teddy Bridgewater in his post. Keep baiting people like that and it's not going to end well.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Mothman wrote:Let's keep this thread on track.

Jordy, FiestaVike didn't even mention Teddy Bridgewater in his post. Keep baiting people like that and it's not going to end well.
His implication was what elicited my response, sorry if you see it differently, it wont happen again.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote: His implication was what elicited my response, sorry if you see it differently, it wont happen again.
Thank you.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

I'm sick of people ragging on Bradford. At the very worst his performance this year puts him squarely in the 50th percentile of all QBs. That is waaay better than what we have had the last 5 years.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

720pete wrote:I'm sick of people ragging on Bradford. At the very worst his performance this year puts him squarely in the 50th percentile of all QBs. That is waaay better than what we have had the last 5 years.
Amen.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

720pete wrote:I'm sick of people ragging on Bradford. At the very worst his performance this year puts him squarely in the 50th percentile of all QBs. That is waaay better than what we have had the last 5 years.
6th highest rated QB in the league (99.3) and of the 5 ahead of him only Brees and Rodgers threw the ball more than Sam's 552 atts.

Second QB EVER with +500 atts with 5 or less ints (Rodgers)

Only 2 starting QB's with less ints: Prescott with 4 (97 LESS atts than Sam) and Brady with 2 in 120 LESS atts than Sam.

This in a year in which he had no OTA's or PS with the Vikings, went from Kelly to Reich to Norv to Shurmur as OC's all within a 12 month span.

Worst run game in NFL history.

Worst OL situation (talent and injuries) I've ever seen in my 56 years on this earth.

Diggs clearly not healthy after around the mid-season mark where he wa sin and out of the line up and when he did play he was nowhere near 100% yet career years for Rudolph, Thielen (remind me who ever heard of this guy before 2017???) and Patterson (and would have been for Diggs too if not injured).

Yeah the Vikings could do a LOT worse than Sam Bradford.

And let me add that there are those who believe Matt Stafford (who I DO like as a QB) should be the MVP. Let's compare him to Bradford:

Stafford: 388 comp 594 atts 65.3 comp% 4,327 Yards 7.29 YPA 73 Long 24 TD's 10 ints 37 sacks 93.3 rating 270 yds/gm

Bradford: 395 comp 552 atts 71.6 comp% 3,877 Yards 7.02 YPA 71 Long 20 TD's 5 ints 37 sacks 99.3 rating 258 yds/gm <In one LESS game.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

When was the last time a Viking QB had 20 TDs? I would guess Ponder in 2012?

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:When was the last time a Viking QB had 20 TDs? I would guess Ponder in 2012?

He didnt throw for 20 TDs in 2012. He threw for 18. I believe Favre was the last to get over 20
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

RFIP wrote:

Second QB EVER with +500 atts with 5 or less ints
:shock:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

It is rare that I can say this for a Vikings QB: Sam Bradford hardly made any horrible throws this season. The worst throw he made all season was against Detroit on Thanksgiving. He forced that ball inside on an outside route.

I hope we can cut his cap salary down a bit, but I am extremely hesitant to see him signed to a long-term extension.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:It is rare that I can say this for a Vikings QB: Sam Bradford hardly made any horrible throws this season. The worst throw he made all season was against Detroit on Thanksgiving. He forced that ball inside on an outside route.

I hope we can cut his cap salary down a bit, but I am extremely hesitant to see him signed to a long-term extension.
May I ask why you are hesitant? He's 29, entering his prime, is now 2 years removed from his knee injures and fully recovered. The receivers all love him, as does the coach. He is a very hard worker and will be inviting the skilled players to OU in the spring as he always does, to workout with him. He's a great guy on and off the field. The offense will only grow and grow in productivity with a run game and better OL play.

Allow Teddy to walk, extend Sam to a 5 year deal, sign a vet backup, draft a rookie QB in 5-7 round to groom and let's go!